PDA

View Full Version : LF: E30 IX right front strut

Ceeker
07-01-2010, 02:54 PM
So I'm doing my brakes and notice my spring is cracked at bottom and the shock cover boot is shredded at bottom as well. Would anyone have a good COMPLETE strut with low km's that has a good strut bearing, shock etc. I just want to swap it out. could you pm me please with price-local preferred.

propr'one
07-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Hey dude,

i've got some iX springs, no struts though. Fil (eurostyle) was parting an iX recently, mabye give him a call.

Ceeker
07-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Hey dude,

i've got some iX springs, no struts though. Fil (eurostyle) was parting an iX recently, mabye give him a call.

he's too far...do you have tools to separate? I'd take the spring which is really what I need. This is my winter car so I want it to be safe and reliable come the cold weather. My brakes were in horrible condition. Would you happen to have a front right brake carrier as well. The pin snapped off inside as one was seized. Do you have a emerg spring kit as well? :-) pm sent.

Ceeker
07-02-2010, 07:49 PM
Hey dude,

Hey, do you want to part with the spring or are we just being social here?
I'm asking now since I have the brake assembly off and don't want to do double the work. thx.

Boxer2
07-05-2010, 12:07 PM
Hey Ernie, Ive got all the parts your looking for except for the e-brake spring kit, and strut bearing

the strut has been taken apart, so all the componants are separate.....if you want I can ship, I can get you an estimate if you give me your postal code.

or if you want to make the drive down, just bring your complete strut with you, I have all the tools to take it apart and put it back together.

Ceeker
07-05-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey Ernie, Ive got all the parts your looking for except for the e-brake spring kit, and strut bearing

the strut has been taken apart, so all the componants are separate.....if you want I can ship, I can get you an estimate if you give me your postal code.

or if you want to make the drive down, just bring your complete strut with you, I have all the tools to take it apart and put it back together.

hey thanks for replying; I just realized I have winters on the car and this weather would most certainly wear them out. My postal code M3H 1R1- please get a ship quote for me. I have a knocking on the front end and wasn't sure if it was control arms at first. Seeing I found a cracked spring now makes me wonder if it is that and or the shock mount. do you also have a right front brake backing plate- mine is rusted to crap.

How far are you from Toronto? I may be able to make the drive out - time permitting - also left you phone message. :-) ok we'll shoot for next weekend.

thanks man. E.

Boxer2
07-05-2010, 03:52 PM
just thought of this, but if you also need the shock mounts, Dave (davericher20) has a used set available, I was gonna grab them but I ended up ripping a good set out of one of my winter cars......Dave is in Cambrige, you could pick them up on the way down here.

Ceeker
07-05-2010, 03:59 PM
just thought of this, but if you also need the shock mounts, Dave (davericher20) has a used set available, I was gonna grab them but I ended up ripping a good set out of one of my winter cars......Dave is in Cambrige, you could pick them up on the way down here.

hmmm...that's a good idea...I'm just not sure if it really needs shock mounts as the knocking sound came from below. but could be wrong. I am bringing along a set of control arms just in case the inner joints and bushing are bad.

how much do you think he'd want for the set of mounts?

Boxer2
07-05-2010, 06:50 PM
hmmm...that's a good idea...I'm just not sure if it really needs shock mounts as the knocking sound came from below. but could be wrong. I am bringing along a set of control arms just in case the inner joints and bushing are bad.

how much do you think he'd want for the set of mounts?

I think he told me $25 for the pair, send him a pm, tell him I sent you.

If you don't end up needing them I'll take them.