PDA

View Full Version : Convert my interior!

zerosignal
06-28-2010, 09:46 PM
I hate that felt cloth shit that covers the inside my roof and pillars. It has to go. I'm not sure I can remove it at all but I wanna change it. I was thinking I could coat it with a solution of 50/50 water and glue. Enough coats soaked in and then sanding it would make it like a smooth plastic ready for paint? and boom! A nice smooth surface for the inside of my car.*rockout*

Crazy? better Ideas?

hockeyfan27
06-29-2010, 11:00 AM
Glue and water will likely be too flexible to sand. I'd use fiberglass resin.

richie_s999
06-29-2010, 11:44 AM
Leave the felt and wrap it in leather!

zerosignal
06-30-2010, 05:36 PM
Leather would be too sweet! but to do that would have to take it apart? I like the idea of the fiber resin.... is that stuff tricky to work with or is it just like bondo?.. witch by the way I had considered using but though it would be too ghetto to be driving one day in traffic and get bumped in the back and have a heap of crumbling bondo fall on my head.

richie_s999
06-30-2010, 06:36 PM
Either way your gonna have to take the headline out or it's gonna look like shit. I think it's gonna end up looking like a plastic if you resin it so might as well leather wrap it.

zerosignal
06-30-2010, 09:34 PM
I'm trying to make it look like its all made out of molded plastic, I just was to spread something on there that I can paint over and have it look smooth. I'm liking the Idea of using the fiber glass resin. Is there any actual fiber glass in that stuff or is it just like the glue they use to hold fiberglass together? and dries to plastic type finish?