PDA

View Full Version : Carbon Fiber parts, ie. hood and trunk

R.Jaxn
06-09-2010, 07:43 PM
sorry, i'm brand new to the BWM thing, so i really don't know where to find things like a Carbon Fiber hood and trunk.

I want to make my 135i as light as it really should be and what better place to start!

I'm around the Kitchener Waterloo area, but i'm not afraid to venture to Toronto to find the right parts if necessary. So any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks all.

EMPIREM3
06-18-2010, 04:22 PM
I want to make my 135i as light as it really should be and what better place to start!

CF parts wont shave too much weight off the car. For the amount of money you have to spend, and for the purpose that you have in mind, this is probably not a good idea.

The number one weight reduction (and best bang for your buck) would be from your exhaust - if you change to a full titanium exhaust.

R.Jaxn
06-18-2010, 06:01 PM
CF parts wont shave too much weight off the car. For the amount of money you have to spend, and for the purpose that you have in mind, this is probably not a good idea.

The number one weight reduction (and best bang for your buck) would be from your exhaust - if you change to a full titanium exhaust.

Thanks for the info.

I've also heard the wheels and tires are pigs, any word on how heavy these things are?