PDA

View Full Version : Kijiji Find: Imola ZHP

Nick_V
06-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I have no affiliation with the seller. I found this on Kijiji Hamilton and thought I'd give a heads up here, 'cause I don't know if a lot of people search the Hamilton section - there's usually not much in there.

I seriously wanted to buy it, but I already have 4 vehicles and don't need to spend that much on another right now*shiner*. But it would be great to see it go to an enthusiast - Imola ZHPs are not easy to find, esp. with a 6spd. Not locally, anyway. Car looks clean but I didn't bother going to check it out even though the guy lives like 2 mins away. Somebody buy this!
http://hamilton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-2003-BMW-330I-M-Package-W0QQAdIdZ205742002

mstearnsy
06-03-2010, 06:29 PM
That's not a ZHP. That's an M Sport package. Also it's got the wrong wheels, those are from a 5 series and the offset is waaay off. If he doesn't have the proper 17" 68M wheels that really detracts from the car's value.

Nick_V
06-03-2010, 07:59 PM
What makes you so sure? Maybe I need to do more research, but it seems to have all the elements of the "M performance" (ZHP) package minus the alcantara wheel, which I believe was replaced under warranty for the wheel this car now has. AFAIK Imola red was only available (non-M3) with that package. I'm definitely not saying I know all this for certain, but I'm pretty sure, so if you can prove me wrong, please do. I know the wheels are wrong, but I wouldn't pass on the car because the PO had bad taste. It would be pretty easy to get rid of those for the correct ones, or whatever else you might want.

mstearnsy
06-03-2010, 08:27 PM
The first picture is my own 330Ci M Performance package, which is usually called by it's US-option code ZHP. In Canada the option code for this was ZAM because Canadian versions didn't get the red needles or 6800 indicated redline (they do have the raised limiter though). Notice the exhaust tips indicating this has the M Performance exhaust. Then look at the seller's car and he has a regular 330 exhaust, this means it is an M Sport package, not M Performance package. Other clues would be the steering wheel, although as you mention it could have been warranty replaced, but for 2003s, the shift boot should also have been alcantara. That could be swapped to leather once you have a leather steering wheel installed, so the only way to tell for sure is the exhaust.

Nick_V
06-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Ok you win. I actually did some reading after challenging you earlier and found that out for myself. There seems to be a lot of confusion out about the Canadian models. Seems in the US the red needles are the dead giveaway - wonder why they decided not to do that here....

Either way, I still think it's a great car in an awesome colour*th-up*

arsevader
06-04-2010, 01:43 AM
I was considering taking a look at this car when I was looking for a replacement for my touring a month ago. It's apparently just around the corner.

However the kijiji ad caused me some concern for some reason. Then I realized why, I'd seen almost the same ad for another car with almost the same wording and crazy type bolding etc. Maybe just me being cynical but it turned me away.

martinM5
06-04-2010, 09:09 AM
M badge on the rear is enough to turn me off

slemmer
06-04-2010, 10:02 AM
a wannabe no doubt

lvan
06-04-2010, 10:41 AM
ZHp is not too much of a big deal.... This is my problem with used market in last 2-3 years. What's up with all cars being put forsale that have been registered/plated not long ago? I see way too many bimmers with new plates and already put up for sale. I dont want to sound too picky, but when you are paying 15-20k for a car without warranty, it gives you some sort of message. Doesn't it?

bmwm5lover
06-04-2010, 11:06 AM
ZHp is not too much of a big deal.... This is my problem with used market in last 2-3 years. What's up with all cars being put forsale that have been registered/plated not long ago? I see way too many bimmers with new plates and already put up for sale. I dont want to sound too picky, but when you are paying 15-20k for a car without warranty, it gives you some sort of message. Doesn't it?

What the hell are you talking about? People get bored, have lifestyle changes, buy cars on impulse, it doesn't mean anything! One doesn't need to own a car for 20 years.

lvan
06-04-2010, 11:24 AM
That's not a ZHP. That's an M Sport package. Also it's got the wrong wheels, those are from a 5 series and the offset is waaay off. If he doesn't have the proper 17" 68M wheels that really detracts from the car's value.

So have you sold your 330Ci? I love your car but, I am in South Africa until the 1st August.

slemmer
06-04-2010, 05:23 PM
You going to watch the FIFA matches down there?

Nick_V
06-04-2010, 08:44 PM
M badge on the rear is enough to turn me off

This I don't get. It would take nothing to remove that. Same with the comment about the wheels. Change them.:confused:

Arsevader: whereabouts are you? I also live around the corner from the guy's supposed location, down in the North End....

arsevader
06-04-2010, 10:31 PM
This I don't get. It would take nothing to remove that. Same with the comment about the wheels. Change them.:confused:

Arsevader: whereabouts are you? I also live around the corner from the guy's supposed location, down in the North End....

I'm Hess South.

mstearnsy
06-04-2010, 10:37 PM

For the horrible ///M badge job, I assume he meant that type of thing speaks about what type of owner has that vehicle.

For the wheels, it's at least $3-4000 for the proper wheel and tire package in as new condition, or similar money for something aftermarket that's worth having on a 330-M. That drops the value for me by that amount, cause there's no way I could drive that vehicle with those wheels and offset. That also speaks volumes about the type of owner that is selling this vehicle. Not the ownership history that I'd want to buy.

Nick_V
06-04-2010, 11:58 PM
For the horrible ///M badge job, I assume he meant that type of thing speaks about what type of owner has that vehicle.

For the wheels, it's at least $3-4000 for the proper wheel and tire package in as new condition, or similar money for something aftermarket that's worth having on a 330-M. That drops the value for me by that amount, cause there's no way I could drive that vehicle with those wheels and offset. That also speaks volumes about the type of owner that is selling this vehicle. Not the ownership history that I'd want to buy.

Are you kidding me? Maybe 3-4K for brand new wheels/tires at the dealer. Those wheels, whether M68 or M135 are for sale all the time, all over the place, in decent shape, often with tires, for ~$1K. And I know what he meant about the badge, but are you really that anal? You seem to know your stuff when it comes to these cars, so I'm sure you could distinguish clean from molested. And if not, that's when you contact someone who does for a PPI. "That speaks volumes about the type of owner..." - sorry to say but your post makes you sound like a huge snob. You know nothing and are assuming everything about the PO. I'm not defending him, because I also know nothing about him, but I still think it's definitely worth investigating for someone looking for such a car...

mstearnsy
06-05-2010, 09:30 AM
Yup I am a huge car snob. But that's because I'm a car freak, not a badge whore like that guy is. To drive on wheels and tires that ill-suited to the car ruins the M Sport handling. Makes me wonder what else he didn't care about. Sometimes you buy "ownership" as much as you buy the vehicle.

blk325i
06-05-2010, 07:47 PM
didn't m package 330's come with the red and white tailights? or am i mistaken

arsevader
06-06-2010, 01:23 AM
didn't m package 330's come with the red and white tailights? or am i mistaken

I don't think any north american e46s come with red/white tails.

mstearnsy
06-07-2010, 12:42 AM
coupes came with the LED tails like the picture I posted, Sedans had red/amber/red. Some people swap those for the LED versions or the red/clear/red aftermarket lights.