PDA

View Full Version : M Coupe totalled

golden
03-28-2003, 09:10 PM
Hi guys,

some of you may know that i bought a M coupe.

well, last monday the car spun out of control on wet streets... and hit a car in the opposite lane.

the car is a complete write off, and i broke my femur bone (pretty serious, i was in the hospital for a week)

anyhow, i am glad that i am ok. All the cops and ambulance guys said we were real lucky that we were in a BMW because it was put togehter so well, it prevented any crazy injuries.

i'll post pics when i get them :(

Well, the few days i had the M i LOVED it :)

anyhow, its time to get a new car, i dont know what to get!?

im kinda scared of the small sports car now.. i dont know.. i'll get over it tho :)

Gamite
03-28-2003, 09:18 PM
OMG, we were wondering where u were..

what's a femur bone? are you ok now?

BimmiN
03-28-2003, 09:19 PM
Damn.... sorry to hear that, thats my dream car. Main thing is that your ok though.

In regards to what you should get next... another Mcoupe of course!

Rolled_Out
03-28-2003, 09:20 PM
femur is the the biggest bone in teh body i think, goes from under your knee, to above the ankle
shit thats ****ed up... glad to hear your ok...
grab an e36 m3 or something!!

Shamis
03-28-2003, 09:23 PM
Hey dont feel bad I spun my car today too.....I only cracked my bumper though...

But you broke your femer, that ****ing hurts!!! Im so sorry to hear that..

Where u driving a little too fast too???

golden
03-28-2003, 09:32 PM
yea, femur is basically your thigh bone

funny, i dont remember anything at all of the whole incident.

i actually wasnt goin fast, i remember i was goin slow because i was bring back food from a restaurant

i know, i love the coupe.. i dont know if there is anything in that price range that i like

SickFinga
03-28-2003, 09:34 PM
golden are you the one that imported it from Vancouver and had a civic before M Coupe?

Anyway that's really bad, be careful on wet roads they are even more dangerous than road with snow, I f'ked up my car exactly a year ago when it was raining, hydroplaned, hit the curb at 100km/h, 1cm from guard rail. I guess you weren't that lucky.
I think you hydroplaned too, you don't have too go fast to lose control on the puddle, were your tires new?

Miguel
03-28-2003, 09:36 PM
Originally posted by golden
yea, femur is basically your thigh bone

funny, i dont remember anything at all of the whole incident.

i actually wasnt goin fast, i remember i was goin slow because i was bring back food from a restaurant

i know, i love the coupe.. i dont know if there is anything in that price range that i like
HOLY SH!T!!! THAT BLOWS!! you just landed a sweet car and its gone already!?!

test drive the Z4.. see if you like it!
If that doest work out for you or If you want something bigger you can always go M3 or 540i

golden
03-28-2003, 09:43 PM
SickFinga,

hey, yep, that was me

automatic civic --> m coupe. I am shipped it from BC as well.

The tires were in good condition, original.. 18k on the car :(

Soldo
03-28-2003, 09:57 PM
Thats weird, don't the M's have DSC and ASC+T?!?!
that would make it VERY HARD to spin the car, NO?!
anyhow, SORRY TO HEAR MAN, i lost a loved one once too, i know the FEAR you have with LITTLE cars now!
but don't worry, after time you'll get over that, but if i was you i'd stick with big cars!
540 sounds NICE!

Alezone
03-28-2003, 10:48 PM
WHAT?!?!?!

Tragedy... not another one... are u ok now? is insurance gonna cover it???

how many km did you have...

WASABI
03-28-2003, 10:52 PM
That must have been some impact if you can barely remember what happened. :( Damn, sorry to hear that. Good to hear you're ok though. *th-up* How was the other car? Anybody else get hurt?

golden
03-28-2003, 11:24 PM
i couldnt be happier with the insurance, i got the total total amount back

the car had almost 19k on it

i only drove about 300 kms :(

i got the worst of the accident, someone broke their ankle and my passenger walked away with aches

BladeRunner
03-28-2003, 11:28 PM
Damn that's a nice car. You were lucky, I'm suprised they paid in full. From what I've heard here most companies only pay back 60-75% of the cars value. Cops are problably correct about BMWs same goes for Volvos and I think Saabs.

Just a thought maybe it was a computer/electronics error.

On one rainy day I was walking from school to Marta and I saw this Mercedes SLk/Kompresor. I knew something was wrong because he was doning like 25-30mph in a 45. Then he started accelerating and I thought all was ok. Wrong! Suddenly the car's wheels locked up then started drifting into the curb he coutered it and ended but that did little and he hit the curb quite hard. Luckly there was only one car on the street. He got out and checked the wheels, then suprisingly he jumps back in the car and drives off.

Dave 325i
03-29-2003, 01:48 AM
Wow. I can't quite fathom how much that would suck.

If I were you I'd sound A LOT more upset than you do. Condolences - but you seem to be taking it pretty well.

sonny
03-29-2003, 03:12 AM
I'm sorry to hear that... but it's good to know that you're okay:)

elraton16
03-29-2003, 03:13 AM
yeah i had a similar incident yet i was lucky enough to not to get an accident. i was on my way home from work and the roads were wet and there was black ice all over the place...... im taking a short and slow right hander when the car infront of me spun and a mili sec later mine did too and i did a 180 and almost smacked into a telephone pole and a huge ditch. everyone here probably knows that rain and snow are VERY DECEIVING......be careful out there

anyways im glad you are recovering well and glad nothing bad happened

SickFinga
03-29-2003, 05:22 AM
SickFinga,

hey, yep, that was me

automatic civic --> m coupe. I am shipped it from BC as well.

The tires were in good condition, original.. 18k on the car :(

damn that SUCKS, all that work and for what? to crash it after 320 km and brake a leg. I feel sorry for you.

So any ides how you lost control?? Was you tracktion control on?
Did you floor it for a sec? Can't floor gas pedal that much on RWD cars as on FWD. Anyway that sucks, really sucks. I hope you get another M Coupe, get a nicer one.

Alezone
03-29-2003, 07:08 AM
Golden, did you get my PM and Email?

AlpWhitE46
03-29-2003, 03:23 PM
shit man...that must really suck..but then again, you got your moeny back, and you are ok!!

M-ATTACK
03-29-2003, 06:13 PM
so0rry to hear, although i did worn you about the power and rear wheels compared to ur civic

1BADBMW
03-29-2003, 08:21 PM
sorry man, that's sad! hope you recover fast!

slemmer
03-30-2003, 01:10 AM
Glad to hear you're ok. If you fallen off the horse, get back up on it. M coupe all theway!

Jon@Bimmersport
03-30-2003, 06:30 AM
cars can be replaced, lives cant! im glad to hear your OK, well..not perfectly ok but it could be worse...i dont know wat loosing a car is like, but it must suck..i feel sorry for you...a lower class econo car to a BMW must be nice, im still waiting for my turn (well..family's turn) :(

why not get an E36 M3? or a nice E46 coupe

Marven
03-30-2003, 01:48 PM
Shit man that sucks but the most important thing is your OK...hope ur better soon...Get a bigger car! I have heard that the bimmers are one of the best for accidents...

qwk325
03-30-2003, 07:37 PM
Sorry to hear about the bad luck , the main thing is that you and your passenger are ok , get well soon.

SpoolinS6
03-30-2003, 08:03 PM
sorry to hear about your accident all that counts is that your alright!!!!!

DbIiRrTdY
03-31-2003, 02:24 PM
sorry to hear that golden,

I did the same upgrade auto civic to m ... nice jump but it can get you into some trouble. glad to hear you are okay ... and no worries the car can be replaced.

take care of yourself

golden
03-31-2003, 02:36 PM
thanks for all your support.

im looking around for a new car now, probably get something less extreme for now, like a 325 or, dare i say, c-class..

SickFinga
03-31-2003, 02:41 PM
golden, no!!!!!
get e36 m3 or find another coupe.

WASABI
03-31-2003, 02:43 PM
or a 330ci?

depends on what you're looking for.

SpudBoy
03-31-2003, 11:08 PM
get another coupe man!

may the torque be with you.

jeremy
03-31-2003, 11:10 PM
sorry to hear your loss :(...atleast your ok :)

ROB89M3
03-31-2003, 11:16 PM
If my car ever got totalled, i better go with it as well.:(

Jon@Bimmersport
04-01-2003, 02:13 AM
get the m coupe at bmw of mississauga, its like calypso red...so sexy

///Milk
04-01-2003, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
OMG, we were wondering where u were..

what's a femur bone? are you ok now?
I think it's where your thigh is......that bone
check an anatomy book

O yes
stay safe Golden

BladeRunner
10-10-2003, 06:11 AM
Any updates on your condition, next car, etc.?

import2euro
10-10-2003, 08:35 PM
ya crashin sucks i flipped my integra only 2 months after i got it but i was fine, changes your outlook on things really. but now im into the euro sence so tahts cool but glad your aiiiight

TiemenT
10-10-2003, 10:05 PM
im kinda scared of the small sports car now.. i dont know.. i'll get over it tho :)

sorry to hear it man, if ya don't want a sports car... take a Range Rover V8 Voque man, if you can afford one just run to the dealer, it's better then any other offroad, and on the highway you are king of the road :cool:

other options:
- '03 BMW 3-coupé (330Ci Executive)
- '03 BMW X5
- maybe Porsche Carrera 2 but that's a sportscar :rolleyes:

mkgino
10-10-2003, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
sorry to hear it man, if ya don't want a sports car... take a Range Rover V8 Voque man, if you can afford one just run to the dealer, it's better then any other offroad, and on the highway you are king of the road :cool:

other options:
- '03 BMW 3-coupé (330Ci Executive)
- '03 BMW X5
- maybe Porsche Carrera 2 but that's a sportscar :rolleyes:

lol where did this come from? Its really old, he bought a 325 Ci I think

Jon@Bimmersport
10-10-2003, 10:07 PM
yes somen got a 325ci a while ago...lol

Gamite
10-10-2003, 10:07 PM
Yea, who keeps bringing up old posts, this is like the third one in 2 days.