PDA

View Full Version : Need a FAVOUR of you members with E36's and AFTERMARKET EXHAUSTS

Daydream///M3
03-28-2003, 03:17 AM
Im looking into getting an exhaust for my E36 M3 but its really difficult when I havent heard any of them. Although when purchasing exhausts, you cant really hear them prior to buying however if any members on the board in the general GTA has an aftermarket exhaust... Id like to hear it if I can meet up with you guys? It will give me a better idea of what Im looking for since you guys couls probably fill me in on prices and performance gains.

Also... what performance stores in Toronto or local sell exhausts... and I dont mean all the reactive stuff?

Im looking at

BB TRIFLO
ACTIVE AUTOWERKE
RACING DYNAMICS
SUPERSPRINT

Possibly... Brullen but I heard they were loud

If anyone can help me out... that would be great.
Thanks

bimmermafia
03-28-2003, 03:20 AM
go with brullen its the best sounding exhaust i love it not too loud and it sounds mean

Billy

Jon@Bimmersport
03-28-2003, 03:22 AM
you can custom make the loudness of the exhaust from brullen

i heard supersprint on charlies, i dunno if its different because its eurospec but it sounds sick!! esp when he redlined it....sickfinga has AA intake and exhaust and i love it even more..if possible go for those 2!

mpower1226
03-28-2003, 03:29 AM
I have a supersprint and custom pipe. I will gladly let you hear it if you want.

SickFinga
03-28-2003, 03:45 AM
I have Active Autowerke GEN III (BEST SOUNDING EXHAUST FOR E36) also it is fully stailess, no rust welds, and tips are nice.
Go with active autowerke, you will love it

mkgino
03-28-2003, 03:49 AM
Honestly,. AA Generation 3 is an amazing exhaust. One of the best things I have ever bought for my car. At regular driving, it is nice and quiet, just a tad deeper than stock. At wide open throttle, it is very deep and amazing. I highly recommend it. We can meet up maybe in like 2 weeks or so. But you cant go wrong with the AA. Here is a vid I have of how it sounds with my intake.

http://members.rogers.com/mp328/Cars/MOL005.ASF

Its a great tone, you know there is an exhaust on the car, but it isnt overbearingly loud.

EDIT: Sickfinga, u beat me to it :)

tiestoE36
03-28-2003, 04:17 AM
my mechanic is pushing me too get brullen, i love the look and all, but just as it was posted above, i heard there are loud ones and then the quieter ones. something to with the single chamber and dual chamber.

i want it quite, like almost stock volume level with normal driving, and when i really push it a nice throaty, almost M3 sound.

does any one have any ideas, will brullen give me that???

i know this is a hard question to answer since everone here has a different opinion of what they want to hear.

tiestoE36
03-28-2003, 04:18 AM
what kinda of tips can you get with active autowerk??

mkgino
03-28-2003, 04:34 AM
Originally posted by tiestoE36
my mechanic is pushing me too get brullen, i love the look and all, but just as it was posted above, i heard there are loud ones and then the quieter ones. something to with the single chamber and dual chamber.

i want it quite, like almost stock volume level with normal driving, and when i really push it a nice throaty, almost M3 sound.

does any one have any ideas, will brullen give me that???

i know this is a hard question to answer since everone here has a different opinion of what they want to hear.

Well that is exactly what both Supersprint and AA give you. Very stock sounding (a little bit deeper though) at normal throttle and low RPM, and when you mash the gas, it has a nice rumble. It isnt overbearingly loud either. Just a nice setup over stock. Sometimes when I am crusing normally, and shifting normally, I can hardly hear it. Best sound IMO for me *th-up*

AA comes in straight tip and DTM I think

I have a lot of vids of it if anyone is interested, just add me to msn

number_one_gnoy@hotmail.com

Gamite
03-28-2003, 05:05 AM
Gav, the AA exhaust sounds amazing, I know that u dont like your exhausts too loud, this will be the perfect pick for you.

thinair
03-28-2003, 06:49 AM
I have the Racing Dynamics exhaust, I think it's pretty quiet, but then again I've never installed the stock exhaust for comparison.

Try looking here if you haven't already:
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0301ec_techbmw/

tiestoE36
03-28-2003, 06:58 AM
i have that magazine with that article in it, but i really have no idea what those numbers mean.

i question why brullen is not there, is something wrong with brullen?????

WASABI
03-28-2003, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Daydream///M3

BB TRIFLO
SUPERSPRINT
ACTIVE AUTOWERKE
RACING DYNAMICS

Possibly... Brullen but I heard they were loud

If anyone can help me out... that would be great.
Thanks

In order from loudest to most quiet, that list above pretty much sums it up. But Brullen would be at the top (some members can atest to that). The Tri-flo isn't as loud as everyone said it would be, but then again that's subjective. I think the last three AA, RD, and SS, are all pretty close in sound.

HP increase? hrrrrrmmm, Tri-flo has some good stats for a '95 M3 with conforti chip, gain was 22HP.:huh?:

Dunno if there's a Scorpion exhaust dealer here, but I once saw in PBMW, on an S54 motor with Superchips, yielded some crazy HPs, with only those two mods, it was dynoed at over 300HP.:eek:

qimis
03-28-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by thinair
I have the Racing Dynamics exhaust, I think it's pretty quiet, but then again I've never installed the stock exhaust for comparison.

Try looking here if you haven't already:
http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0301ec_techbmw/

racing dynamics sounds great !!! sounds like breyton (breyton still better ;) ) deep and not too loud *th-up*