PDA

View Full Version : headrest lcd ? e36

ayashifx55
05-15-2010, 02:24 AM
Hi guys,

I'm new to this forum , just got myself an e36 , really really fun to drive , been driving only japanese cars but i can say that the e36 is really great.

I have a question and it's about a lcd headrest. The previous owner left me an LCD (i checked the model and it was a headrest lcd) he pulled out my on board computer and replaced with a LCD (the head rest, he simpled removed the screen out of the headrest probably) It was never hooked up.

At home, i tried powering it with a 12V 2A external harddrive power source and it worked ! shows video 1 & video 2. Problem is , where can i get this 12V source from in the car? What can i hook it up to ? I only have a JVC aftermarket head unit .... should i buy a dvd player or those chinese dvd touch screen player ? Thank you for your help.

iverson03tj
06-02-2010, 05:13 PM
Well it all depends on your budget, and yes if you do want those head rest monitors, then you will have to buy a head unit that will support it, and Really i been thru alot of car audio equipment and trust me you dont want a no name brand, its better to go with a brand named head unit.
When bying one look for :
Whats ur budget like?
What functions you would like to have, (ex. My friend has one that also takes in a memory card or usb stick, and he just downloads movies onto the stick and plays it via usb stick, which i really think is cool!!)
Also honestly i say u save a bit of money and get a really good deck, because you can use it on the next car you buy as well,

My recomendation is to buy one with dvd and navigation :) and sat radio!!!

and for the e36 its better to buy a 1 din in-dash Head unit, dont buy the cheap In-Dash because they will break on you, (ask em how i know :P ) , buy a good one like the alpine IVA series

http://www.crutchfield.ca/Alpine_IVA_D106_DVD_Receiver_p/500IVAD106.htm

ayashifx55
06-02-2010, 05:22 PM
i think you did not understand my question ... i said the seller left me a LCD which came from a headrest ....!!! i'm not buying one !!!
I'm asking how do i hook it up to power it on ?? thanks.

iverson03tj
06-02-2010, 06:03 PM
i think you did not understand my question ... i said the seller left me a LCD which came from a headrest ....!!! i'm not buying one !!!
I'm asking how do i hook it up to power it on ?? thanks.

Are you asking how to hook it up to you car :confused: