PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs

M-POSING
12-16-2001, 04:49 PM
Which Ones.....

I've got a '94 325i that I'm gonna drop come spring.I want to give my car the lowest possible drop without going to coilovers.Any ideas or suggestions on makes i.e (H&R or Eibach).Will I have to change my shocks if I go with say the H&R race springs or Eibach Sportlines and what really is the difference between the two??
I'm also getting 18's in the spring so will I need to roll the fenders and if so is it expensive to do??

Thanks for your help guys,
Alfred

Bliss
12-16-2001, 04:57 PM
Well i experienced both worlds i guess. the Eibachs and currently have the H&R. I absolutely loved the eibach sportlines on my E36. The ride height was perfect, not too low, and not too high. As for the H&R race, i have them on my E46 and don't know if they are any different on the E36 cars. If they are the same then i would go for the eibachs. The ride height is awsome in the front, but the rear sits too high still...well for my liking i guess. For the h&R races i think you will need the shocks changed after a while cuz the ride is more harsh than the Eibachs. If i find a good deal on coilovers..im switching my H&R's. As for the fender rolling, I dodnt do any so i can't tell you much, but from what i've heard its no big deal of a job.:) Hope it helps. Unless it confused you even more.:P

M-POSING
12-16-2001, 05:33 PM
Bliss,

I was kinda leaning towards the Eibach Sportlines cause they seem to give the most radical drop all around without the very stiff ride.

So you say the H&R race springs still sit to high in the back??Is your ride very stiff or can you live with it??

Bliss
12-16-2001, 05:42 PM
Yup, the car sits too high in the back. Its lower thank stock, but not low enough. I can definately live with the ride..its not too stiff. I personally loved the eibachs on my E36 though.

M-POSING
12-17-2001, 08:25 PM
Hey Rob,
Thanx for the input...Inever thought of it that way...I'll definetly check out the Apex springs as well.....

Alfred