PDA

View Full Version : Finally drove my car!

thinair
03-27-2003, 04:30 AM
After a winter of looking at my car and sitting in it making vroom noises, I finally took it out for a 5 minute jaunt (to decarbonize the engine from it idling in my driveway a lot over the winter) after working on it all afternoon.

All I can say is I have no idea why BMW thought it would be a good idea to spec 205/60/15 tires as OEM on a 328i......with the ASC off I can spin the wheels in first and second at any speed. I guess I'm just not used to the power. I'm kinda happy I decided not to do the BMW drving school this month, I have to relearn how to drive this car again.

That said I couldn't get the smile off my face for like an hour afterwards. Too bad I'm not taking the car out again till I get my new wheels (approx 2 weeks).

BimmiN
03-27-2003, 04:40 AM
Yeah, it must suck having to put your car away for the winter... did you sell your old rims?

Bliss
03-27-2003, 05:57 AM
I can relate. I also took my car out not too long ago, and i absolutely have no clue how i went without driving my bmw for so long.

I don't even want to look at my beater, let alone drive it again.:D

windsor318is
03-27-2003, 06:03 AM
you guys are lucky mine is still......in storage, im thinking may first it will come out of hibernation. its going to feel really, really fast to....for about 5 minutes till i get use to it again.

bart320i
03-27-2003, 01:54 PM
Hopefully my car will be out by the end of the week. I can't wait . Last year before I put the car away it was bone stock. Now I got body kit, exhaust, 18's, suspension. It will be like driving a new car. Can't wait it's killing me

EricE330ci
03-27-2003, 01:57 PM
Time to take the babies out *th-up* *th-up* *th-up* *par-t* *par-t* *par-t*

WASABI
03-27-2003, 03:59 PM
Time for some elbow grease and ... wax on ... wax off ! Can't wait to try-out the new additions! :)

MP328
03-27-2003, 09:30 PM
hey for the clutch stops. thinair and wasabi u wanna meet sometime this weekend or u wanna wait until that official meet on the 12th i think i will show up there as well?

Daydream///M3
03-28-2003, 01:10 AM
Dont know why you guys store your cars? I just drive mine summer winter fall spring..... etc etc etc.
As long as you got some good snows... you're all good:madnoel:

Jon@Bimmersport
03-28-2003, 01:20 AM
Originally posted by Bliss
I can relate. I also took my car out not too long ago, and i absolutely have no clue how i went without driving my bmw for so long.

I don't even want to look at my beater, let alone drive it again.:D

LOL that rust bucket aint all that bad..at least it aint AUTO..or is it?

Bliss
03-28-2003, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
LOL that rust bucket aint all that bad..at least it aint AUTO..or is it?

No, it's not auto.