PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs

Tastic
03-27-2003, 01:15 AM
can anyone tell me if it's ok if I throw some H&R sport springs on my 3 series without replacing the stock shocks? I used to have a VW and didn't listen to the warnings of blowing shocks. Ergo, I blew the stock shocks when I threw on lowering springs. I don't want the same thing to happen to the bimmer. Oh, and if anyone is selling H&R sport springs ( part #29485) let me know *th-up*

BMW BMXer
03-27-2003, 01:52 AM
Your stock shocks are incorrectly valved for lowered springs. The constant pressure of being at a lowered stance will blow them.

Or so I hear

But I would also like to know from ppl who have tried it

328power
03-27-2003, 02:23 AM
they after a season with springs you should get some Aftemarket Gas shocks..

At least for the rear.

I had to get a pair of Bilstein Gas shocks for the rear since my shocks were rusting and werent going to last too much longer.

Bliss
03-27-2003, 05:12 AM
H&R "sport" springs do not lower the car considerably(at least for the E46 cars). I know a few people that had the "sport" springs on their E46's, and they did not have to change their OEM shocks. However it's always better to get the proper setup, which includes getting the proper shocks if you want to be proper. For the sport springs, I think that the OEM shocks should last you quite a while.

For all applications though, i think it's just a matter of time that the shocks will go. It's just not as critical for the "sport" springs compared to the "race" when dealing with H&R.

Don't listen to me if you have your doubts though.:D Just telling you from experience, and friend's experiences.

EricE330ci
03-27-2003, 12:46 PM
Yeh,

I have Bliss's H&R race #29484 but I am using them with the OEM sport suspension *th-up* *th-up*

A cup kit with springs and matched shocks is a step up but $$$

A full coilover suspension is better but much more $$$
*sad* *sad*

phaust
03-28-2003, 04:08 PM
hi all,

i have a set of H&R race spring for sale. used for 2 months. well i bought it for my 325is 92 , the guys sold me this for 350$, i never put them on my car since it's was stolen.

if somebody want them, and willing to pay the shipping via COD i have no problem with that.

PM me if you interested.