PDA

View Full Version : *** Opening Cruise 2010: Sunday May 16th (GTA) ***

Pages : 1 [2]

325isStephen
05-17-2010, 11:25 PM
ahh your right, that would be rob, I believe supercharged s52? Forgot he was there too, can't say im too surprised he was passing left and right.

5style
05-17-2010, 11:31 PM
red e30 with roof racks aka e30kid? he has a turbo m30, not an m3 swap.

No not Devon, the 4 door.

kamus
05-17-2010, 11:44 PM
What a spectacular day!

Sorry to bail on dinner folks, but my 2-year old kid got so bored and irritated waiting for the cops to finish up their harassment shit that I had to take him home.. It was hilarious: cops were using my hood as a desk while comparing notes on all the other drivers for a half hour. So I stood right next to them with my kid in my arms. He was in tears screeeeaming "BLACK CAR BLACK CAAAARR No no no!!". The cops kept giving me looks.. so I eventually told them "It'll really help calm him down if you could do that somewhere else..." lol.. and so they picked everything up and walked away.. forgetting to even look at my papers.. :D:D:D

But of course my paranoia was double-triple checking my child-seat installation before they got to me.

As for the passing.. I did see some very, let's say, surprising moves, such as passing into turns across solid yellow lines, passing between hill crests, and diving back into non-existent gaps.

But I also admit being tempted into one or two ill-judged passes myself. Mostly excess speed - like on a safe long straight with broken lines I might have decided to pass a slower car (all those I passed yielded with consideration - not accelerating unnecessarily on the straight - thanks) - but somehow full throttle in 3rd and 4th would always get the better of me and I would find myself nudging 160 before pulling back in. It felt like huge fun at the time, but actually sounds quite embarassing now.

I think generally I noticed that the people behind me were as well behaved or better behaved than myself.

Anyways, thanks to Jay and crew for everything! Can't wait for the next one.

yvel
05-18-2010, 12:04 AM
Originally Posted by 405Style

I do believe that was one of the honda s2k. I saw ugliness there. if its the same situation that you are talking about. very poor passing attempt

A few of us S2000 owners were talking about this during the pit stop at Tim Hortons. It was the S2000 with an "S2KI" decal on his windscreen and he left prior to the pit stop, I'm guessing to avoid embarrassment.

On a completely other note, I'd like to thank the BMW community (and E30 girl) for letting us S2000 owners join you guys on the cruise. It was a very pleasant experience (aside from getting pulled over) and it's always nice to meet some new people that share the same interest in cars as we do.

Nick_V
05-18-2010, 12:26 AM
cops were using my hood as a desk while comparing notes on all the other drivers for a half hour. So I stood right next to them with my kid in my arms. He was in tears screeeeaming "BLACK CAR BLACK CAAAARR No no no!!". The cops kept giving me looks.. so I eventually told them "It'll really help calm him down if you could do that somewhere else..." lol.. and so they picked everything up and walked away.. forgetting to even look at my papers.. :D:D:D

good on you for telling them (basically) to beat it.

It seems like every cruise thread I've read since being a member has involved an OPP blockade. Did anyone actually get charged with anything, or the cops just came out to beat their chests? Does this actually happen every time? I hope to actually get out to one of these this season, but I don't wanna deal with that bullshit. Hate cops....

doogee
05-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Forget repainting, it adds character. :D

BTW, Doogee, awesome driving, i loved looking in the rear view and seeing that you were still there.
At one point i had to ask myself if i was holding you up throughout the highspeed runs lol.

Haha ya man, I was surprised by your skills!

My 205/40's were getting pretty close to the limit haha.

Was nice to be able to be behind someone who can drive!

...By the way everyone. Where are all the pics?? :P

blk3
05-18-2010, 12:35 AM
oh well all in all it was a great day. Kamus i was parked right behind you. i thought your kid acting up was pretty funny. he seems to like yellow e30s. here are a few pics. nothing great but hope it starts the posting of pics and vids. hope they are not too big

uber e36
05-18-2010, 12:45 AM
I haven't been on max forever. Just today I brought the e36 out of storage. Looks like I was a day late!

Teaches me for leaving the scene for too long...

Hope everyone enjoyed themselves.

Brent
05-18-2010, 12:53 AM
I was stuck behind the slower s2k behind a bus when he decided to pass late. the guy in the truck was flashing the high beams and definitly @#$% his pants and had the 5th wheel camper trailer swaying. not smart thats for sure

Yeah, I saw that too, the trailer was swaying back and forth pretty good, it was a scary moment.

dble Trouble
05-18-2010, 01:08 AM
I hate to sound like a damn preacher, but here is my damn sermon. For all of you who don't understand the difference between a cruise and a race, the Trillium BMW Club of Canada hosts many difference motoring events. You want to learn skills come to our performance driving schools on notable race tracks. You want to compete against your peers in a timed event, come to our autocross, but for gods sake, you're not proving anything by driving like aggressively on the street, not to mention putting innocent by standers like the fifth wheel driver in a periless position. I could tell you, if I was him, I would've been on the phone with 911 faster than you could say boo! Take it to the track!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BimmerboyPH
05-18-2010, 01:27 AM
So can someone fill me in on the part where the cops showed up? ahahaha

I had to leave before the end. Got some bad gas from esso at lunch, and during the afternoon my car started to run like shit!!!!

5style
05-18-2010, 01:36 AM

I had to leave before the end. Got some bad gas from esso at lunch, and during the afternoon my car started to run like shit!!!!

well... the last stretch of road, pretty much right before the restaurant( about what 10 min away or so?)... one cruiser goes by, i get on frs and am like "Jay hes stopping, and turning around" as the cop did it and got into the line of cars with us. He then proceeded to pass everyone and me, so i radioed again " hes coming for you guys". Then , another cruiser went by and did a sharp u turn, with dust and everything and got behind us, but took him quite a bit, was behind traffic. Next thing i know we are approaching a small bridge and i see flashing lights and everyone stopped, so quickly pull over. Another guy pulls over and in 40 seconds or so dr. flyview does too.

As soon as Flyview stops, the second cruiser comes up behind me, so Flav goes( at this point the roadblock infront got moved around the bend) lololol, hoping to escape. The officers get out and get our papers and they start grilling me what is this what are we doing here? we are wreckless, i say look, i have no idea what you are talking about , we are having a peaceful cruise, thats it. Then they go off saying don't lie you know exactly what is going on blah blah. They go: who is your leader? who organized this? I said i dunno. LOL How did u find out about this? I said my friends :P, and so on.

The lady cop grabs my papers, writes everything down and then they tell us to drive down and join the rest of the people up the road. I say no, i didn t break the law and you are asking me to break it because you have my license and papers, and youre asking me to drive. So, i get em back LOL, meet everyone else in a giant line and we wait for a gooooood while. Tried to get out of the car, Mcoupe driver in front of me tried too, got yelled at to get back in so couldn t even talk lol.

I ll let Doogee add his part himself hahahahahahahaha

digiital
05-18-2010, 01:38 AM
That guy in the Porsche was PISSED during the burn out. I think it was too much, a really good way to get the locals calling the OPP.
I was really surprise they didn't show up before we left.

oh well all in all it was a great day. Kamus i was parked right behind you. i thought your kid acting up was pretty funny. he seems to like yellow e30s. here are a few pics. nothing great but hope it starts the posting of pics and vids. hope they are not too big

digiital
05-18-2010, 01:41 AM
Thats why you buy Shell only :)

Ya I wanna know what happened too with the cops. I had to get outta there after the Tims. Needed to be in Brampton at 6, which I made it back 5:50 :)

5style
05-18-2010, 01:46 AM
well... the last stretch of road, pretty much right before the restaurant( about what 10 min away or so?)... one cruiser goes by, i get on frs and am like "Jay hes stopping, and turning around" as the cop did it and got into the line of cars with us. He then proceeded to pass everyone and me, so i radioed again " hes coming for you guys". Then , another cruiser went by and did a sharp u turn, with dust and everything and got behind us, but took him quite a bit, was behind traffic. Next thing i know we are approaching a small bridge and i see flashing lights and everyone stopped, so quickly pull over. Another guy pulls over and in 40 seconds or so dr. flyview does too.

As soon as Flyview stops, the second cruiser comes up behind me, so Flav goes( at this point the roadblock infront got moved around the bend) lololol, hoping to escape. The officers get out and get our papers and they start grilling me what is this what are we doing here? we are wreckless, i say look, i have no idea what you are talking about , we are having a peaceful cruise, thats it. Then they go off saying don't lie you know exactly what is going on blah blah. They go: who is your leader? who organized this? I said i dunno. LOL How did u find out about this? I said my friends :P, and so on.

The lady cop grabs my papers, writes everything down and then they tell us to drive down and join the rest of the people up the road. I say no, i didn t break the law and you are asking me to break it because you have my license and papers, and youre asking me to drive. So, i get em back LOL, meet everyone else in a giant line and we wait for a gooooood while. Tried to get out of the car, Mcoupe driver in front of me tried too, got yelled at to get back in so couldn t even talk lol.

I ll let Doogee add his part himself hahahahahahahaha

this. Anyone wanna add what went on in the front? :D

doogee
05-18-2010, 01:51 AM
Following up on Conrads post :P

I was pulled over before anyone else. First I see a cop behind me and he puts his lights on. So yeah, I pull over and he is ON MY ASS. Then he moves into oncoming traffic almost getting smoked and takes off. It was like super troopers haha. I sit for a few seconds and start to go as a black Ford Escape comes to my side and its a cop with his badge out screaming "Don't ****ing move!! Offduty police!! Pull over MORE MORE MORE!"

He pulls over behind me and runs to my window screaming, "You're gonna kill someone you idiot!! How would you feel if you killed someone today?!"

I stayed calm and confused because I wasn't one of the tools on the cruise and he had no reason to be yelling at me when I was going pretty close to the speed limit.

He thought it was just a group of me and like 5 friends until the pack BLEW by!

He asked:
"What is this group?" I just said we're from the internet hahaha

As everyone blew by: "How many of you are there???!?!" I don't know...around 100? "HOLY SHIT"

Of course I handed my license and insurance papers, he also made my buddy in the passenger seat.

I explained to him that this was supposed to be a nice long drive in a group but there were a few rotten apples screwing around. He finally calmed down and understood. Explained what the consequences are and told me to move ahead to meet with the rest of the group at the road block.

I drove up the road way behind, could of gone a different way straight to Boston Pizza, but noooo i was retarded and came to the group as I was pulled over again. The cop didnt ask me a single thing. Apparently I couldnt of been speeding because I came in so late :P

To top it all off. I hung in Peterborough with Rudy for a while later. Got home around 4:00. I was a block away from home and was pulled over because I didn't completely stop at a stop sign. The cop asked where I was coming from. I said "Look, I've been in the car since 9:00am and I'm coming back from Peterborough" He felt bad (in Hamilton police manner) and let me go.

No tickets all day!

blk3
05-18-2010, 02:10 AM
Lol so that was you with the black excursion. I saw that and though, oh oh someone with a sore ass lol. then i saw a couple more pulled over then it was me lol

blk3
05-18-2010, 02:16 AM
That guy in the Porsche was PISSED during the burn out. I think it was too much, a really good way to get the locals calling the OPP.
I was really surprise they didn't show up before we left.

i live very close to where we were. very rarely is there police up there. although there was a couple in the small town of tyrone just before we headed north towards mosport. opp is stationed at the 401 so if they were called up it would take them awhile to get up there. even durham region police are a good distance away. Burnouts are cool but it was totally unneeded, beside a couple of decent smokey pics

HavocSteve
05-18-2010, 02:19 AM
You do know, they can't just pull you over without reason. I would have asked what did I do wrong with my window slightly cracked open. If he/she asked for my papers I would have said it again "What did I do wrong?". Just because they have a badge doesn't mean they just do w/e the hell they want. My OPP friend gave me some tips on how to deal with some of the power rage coppers.

I can understand the people speeding, but people going 10ish over the limit just enjoying the day getting pulled over is just retarded. I'd ask for a badge number and report the cop for harassment. But I wasn't in the cruise... maybe the next one!

Did anyone get any tickets of the sort? Seemed like they were just raining on the parade because a couple of goof balls ran the truck with a 5th wheel off the road. That is just plain stupid. Hope if that happens again someone gets a stunt driving ticket because a trailer swinging like that would flip pretty easy. Cudo's to the truck driver thought for keeping it on the ground.

Eurostyle
05-18-2010, 02:31 AM
I was out of tow and felt bad about missing the event, untill now! *no-no*
Altho it looks good for the most part!

Steve30
05-18-2010, 02:38 AM
I stayed at the very end with the black m coupe and I think we had the most fun haha! It was like being in the last seat on a roller coaster. My stupid corner flew out too, luckily it stayed on the pigtail and I just popped it back in (sorry for slowing the last few guys down but I had to pull over to put the corner back in) We need pics ASAP!!

Panici
05-18-2010, 03:16 AM
I was with TitansilberM in his e36 M3. It's always a thrill and a pleasure when he lets me drive!

I'm the guy with the mohawk and the case of acne (hopefully get that shit cleared up soon!) just in case you were wondering. I enjoyed talking to some of you at the breaks and hope to be at future Max events.

The roads were a blast, and I had a great time both driving and as a passenger. Got some good pics too (next time i'll bring the zoom lens), which i'll hopefully have up tomorrow.

I feel I must mention that the driver of the red e30 with the roof rack almost gave me a heart-attack, as he decided to pass on a blind hill and almost made an oncoming motorcycle rider part of his hood. I can't imagine what i'd do if I crested a hill on my bike only to see a car hurtling towards me.

On that note, today I ordered the rest of the parts needed to get my bike back on the road. Hopefully i'll be riding at the next event, assuming it's not too long. I'm not quite as hardcore as the guy on the Honda CBR 1000RR that did most of this cruse with us. *th-up*

Thanks Jay and the rest of the Max crew for making this event a blast! *rockout*

E30 Girl
05-18-2010, 09:18 AM
A few of us S2000 owners were talking about this during the pit stop at Tim Hortons. It was the S2000 with an "S2KI" decal on his windscreen and he left prior to the pit stop, I'm guessing to avoid embarrassment.

On a completely other note, I'd like to thank the BMW community (and E30 girl) for letting us S2000 owners join you guys on the cruise. It was a very pleasant experience (aside from getting pulled over) and it's always nice to meet some new people that share the same interest in cars as we do.

I thought the same thing but I have talked to him and apparently his buddy with him had to work at 4pm so thats why they left. Funny as well I think he is in high school which would explain his lack of judgment.

Bullet Ride
05-18-2010, 09:37 AM
You do know, they can't just pull you over without reason. I would have asked what did I do wrong with my window slightly cracked open. If he/she asked for my papers I would have said it again "What did I do wrong?". Just because they have a badge doesn't mean they just do w/e the hell they want. My OPP friend gave me some tips on how to deal with some of the power rage coppers.

I can understand the people speeding, but people going 10ish over the limit just enjoying the day getting pulled over is just retarded. I'd ask for a badge number and report the cop for harassment. But I wasn't in the cruise... maybe the next one!

Yeah but the last thing you want to do when your car is low or modified is start trying to be smart with the cops because then they'll really start making your but sore. Doogee's car is pretty low so it was smart of him to just cooperate with the cop.

INFAMOU$
05-18-2010, 10:03 AM
For the "guys at the front" it was pretty laid back... I think the lady cop was the worst of them all at the road block. She was a total bitch telling me to get back into my car when there was traffic oncoming.. I said "I am just waiting to let the cars go by" she says "get in now"... The one OPP guy seemed to be alright. I don't think he knew what to do at all.

When I first pulled up he asked me "what is this? is this a bmw?" I should have said NO lol. I guess all my AC Schnitzer badging threw him off. I definitely felt that they created more of a hazard by having us all pulled over as all the civilian traffic kept stopping in the middle of the road talking to us and saying how retarded cops are and how they need to get a life. HAHA

Sucked only being 10 minutes from home and getting pulled over but at least it was with everyone else. My 10 day trip permit expired a long time ago and for some reason the cop said "oh you have a valid 30 day trip permit, ok". Maybe he was just trying to be nice since I was from the area....

Again- Did anyone else notice Paul Christians being all creeper like?!

JINT
05-18-2010, 10:04 AM
hahahaha, everyone's talking about me like it matters, i know i passed as much as everyone else not more, obviously that it was the only E34, ya'll are gonna talk shit about it. I do care about my car, i don't give one shit about what you all have to say. My buddies E36 from the parking lot that got hit is fixed with all new parts.
Sorry to say, some of you people can't drive and are wayyyyy to stingy about you SAFETY bullshit, but to make yourselves look like your proper and all you all attack me with the same bullshit issues.
BAN ME.

INFAMOU$
05-18-2010, 10:30 AM
hahahaha, everyone's talking about me like it matters, i know i passed as much as everyone else not more, obviously that it was the only E34, ya'll are gonna talk shit about it. I do care about my car, i don't give one shit about what you all have to say. My buddies E36 from the parking lot that got hit is fixed with all new parts.
Sorry to say, some of you people can't drive and are wayyyyy to stingy about you SAFETY bullshit, but to make yourselves look like your proper and all you all attack me with the same bullshit issues.
BAN ME.

I am pretty sure with those ignorant words you will be banned. People like you are the ones that should be hit with the Stunt Driving charge and with the attitude you have, I hope you do and have to sell your car in the end because you can't afford the legal/impound/insurance fees to come. You sir belong in an ECHO. *thmbsdwn*

pawcio
05-18-2010, 10:32 AM
BAN ME.

i wasn't there and i don't know what happened but your comment makes you seem guilty, arrogant and extremely immature.

careless7
05-18-2010, 11:13 AM
this. Anyone wanna add what went on in the front? :D

I have no idea?! All these BMWs pulled over in front of me but I stayed in the lane when the cop pointed me to pull over. I threw my hands up like WTF is going on here? I'm a tourist.

He looked at the car again and waved us thru.

Non-BMW FTMFW!!!

doogee
05-18-2010, 11:39 AM
BAN ME.

"Safety Bullshit" ? Wow. One day something real bad is going to happen to you and you'll change :)

When it comes down to a cruise, you should care what people have to say if you ever want to attend one again. Don't have to get snotty, everyone does stupid shit at points in their lives.

doogee
05-18-2010, 11:45 AM
I just wanted to post this pic from the other day to cheer some people up :)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-sjc1/hs572.snc3/31201_393521524764_506914764_3894591_7964504_n.jpg

dbworld4k
05-18-2010, 12:01 PM
BAN ME.

Wow, you know sometimes it's better to let everyone assume you are a fool than open your mouth and remove any doubt.

You are a classic case of an immature and reckless driver. Good luck holding onto your license at that rate ;)

bimmerjoe
05-18-2010, 12:07 PM
http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/77/may16th5338.jpg
http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/6423/may16th5336.jpg
http://img25.imageshack.us/img25/353/may16th5333.jpg

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/905/may16th5330.jpg
http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/61/may16th5326.jpg
http://img594.imageshack.us/img594/8006/may16th5325.jpg
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8790/may16th5332.jpg

Steph you should have used your signs more!

love the pix!! but whose e36 vert is that!
i love it and i want one!

5style
05-18-2010, 12:16 PM
BAN ME.

Are you kidding???? Please tell me you're kidding. Do yourself a favour, and stay home next time.

Some people here have clean records, and worked WAAAAAY too hard to get that way and to have normal insurance rates. I am not going to let someone like you ruin that for me or anyone else.

What bewilders me is you think this is a joke! When i screwed up and had to squeeze infront of Junzie, I KNEW i messed up and i felt bad as hell. I wanted to go apologize in person but I didn't see him at the lot before Boston Pizza.

I have a great driving skillset, and though not perfect, I happen to care what my friends from here think of me.I have been a part of the community since 2004, and I can't say I have EVER ran into issues on cruises, except the last one, and I can easily say I ve been on alot more then you.

This isn't GTA4, its real life.

Yeah i happen to get excited easily when i post, but then I happen to have Tdot_e30 to bring my POS down to earth :P

HavocSteve
05-18-2010, 12:20 PM
Ahaha.. the "**** You" sign is priceless!

Also like the OPP picture with it being towed. That might have hurt the OPP though, I don't really like cops but I don't think someone should get hurt.

I don't need to comment on Retards post because you guys already put him in his place. But after I got my HUGE ticket, it didn't take me long to drive like a old man and I'm only 22 =\ When you have to fork out almost 400$ for insurance (monthly), you learn your lesson.

tonyhavana
05-18-2010, 12:30 PM
You know, it's just the law of averages: you get 60 or so people together, some of them are going to be assholes. And in a 60 car group, you are bound to draw the attention of THE MAN.

It's why I have no desire to go on these mega-cruises, meet somewhere nice, besides a shopping mall parking lot to view others rides, I'll be there. Or meet a a track, and learn how to drive fast , safely. Like the meets that Ritchie is organizing.

bimmerjoe
05-18-2010, 12:31 PM
man stone chips!!!! i would have
L.O.S.T> I.T.

especially if if was being created by retard drivers touching the shoulder.

Nguyen_E30
05-18-2010, 01:10 PM
*mw*

e30_kid89
05-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Pics?

kamus
05-18-2010, 01:23 PM
meet somewhere nice, besides a shopping mall parking lot to view others rides, I'll be there.

We did that :)

Or meet a a track, and learn how to drive fast , safely. Like the meets that Ritchie is organizing.

So I am definitely looking forward to attending a club school weekend or two this year. And I have attended and enjoyed open lapping sessions in the past. But a track meet and a cruise through the Canadian Shield are two very different experiences, and the expectation should be different too:

The thrill of a track session is accompanied by some significant stress to both driver and car (i speak for myself :)) Sure there is exhileration, but when I push myself, it's actually a hard work-out on the track, both mentally and physically.

Now in contrast a community cruise is supposed to be nothing but pure driving joy along historic undulating routes that were laid down long before modern construction techniques conspired to flatten and straighten everything.

We're talking two totally different experiences. And evidently when some attendees confuse the two, they bring the stresses of the track to the road, and that just don't work maaaan *smoke*

dbworld4k
05-18-2010, 01:25 PM
Guys, let's post the pics in a separate thread for convenience. I figured I'd start it up here:

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=133321

5style
05-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Guys, let's post the pics in a separate thread for convenience. I figured I'd start it up here:

http://maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?goto=newpost&t=133321

Great idea!

JINT
05-18-2010, 09:38 PM
Are you kidding???? Please tell me you're kidding. Do yourself a favour, and stay home next time.

Some people here have clean records, and worked WAAAAAY too hard to get that way and to have normal insurance rates. I am not going to let someone like you ruin that for me or anyone else.

What bewilders me is you think this is a joke! When i screwed up and had to squeeze infront of Junzie, I KNEW i messed up and i felt bad as hell. I wanted to go apologize in person but I didn't see him at the lot before Boston Pizza.

I have a great driving skillset, and though not perfect, I happen to care what my friends from here think of me.I have been a part of the community since 2004, and I can't say I have EVER ran into issues on cruises, except the last one, and I can easily say I ve been on alot more then you.

This isn't GTA4, its real life.

Yeah i happen to get excited easily when i post, but then I happen to have Tdot_e30 to bring my POS down to earth :P

This forum isn't an authority to me to put me in place. For the record my driving record is clean, without a single point or a ticket. I have alot of great pictures i wanted to post. I doubt anyone is interested.
Later.

blk3
05-19-2010, 12:23 AM
For the "guys at the front" it was pretty laid back... I think the lady cop was the worst of them all at the road block. She was a total bitch telling me to get back into my car when there was traffic oncoming.. I said "I am just waiting to let the cars go by" she says "get in now"... The one OPP guy seemed to be alright. I don't think he knew what to do at all.

When I first pulled up he asked me "what is this? is this a bmw?" I should have said NO lol. I guess all my AC Schnitzer badging threw him off. I definitely felt that they created more of a hazard by having us all pulled over as all the civilian traffic kept stopping in the middle of the road talking to us and saying how retarded cops are and how they need to get a life. HAHA

Sucked only being 10 minutes from home and getting pulled over but at least it was with everyone else. My 10 day trip permit expired a long time ago and for some reason the cop said "oh you have a valid 30 day trip permit, ok". Maybe he was just trying to be nice since I was from the area....

Again- Did anyone else notice Paul Christians being all creeper like?!

lol you like picking on the blue echo. i thought he held his own very well.

gnome
05-19-2010, 02:14 AM

Did anyone get any tickets of the sort? Seemed like they were just raining on the parade because a couple of goof balls ran the truck with a 5th wheel off the road. That is just plain stupid. Hope if that happens again someone gets a stunt driving ticket because a trailer swinging like that would flip pretty easy. Cudo's to the truck driver thought for keeping it on the ground.

From a first-hand witness perspective, there are many more near-misses. If that truck lost control it could have taken out 6 or 7 of us as there were no gaps. Then there were near misses with motorbikes, cars, etc. you get the picture.
Some of you guys didn't know that 2 cops were tailing us long before Mosport up near Tyrone...after a while they turned East.
Next time use the fricken FRS radios and set your trip odometers so you can anticipate turns and know what's going on... haven't we been doing this for many years now, lead the newcomers by example.

WatsoN
05-19-2010, 02:22 AM
All of those to talk shit about 5-series (e34 and e39) should try to take those turns on a car like that, they did, and 90% of you were waaaaay too carefull, what is the point of having a good BMW if you cant drive and dont have fun with it?

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 02:26 AM
From a first-hand witness perspective, there are many more near-misses. If that truck lost control it could have taken out 6 or 7 of us as there were no gaps. Then there were near misses with motorbikes, cars, etc. you get the picture.
Some of you guys didn't know that 2 cops were tailing us long before Mosport up near Tyrone...after a while they turned East.
Next time use the fricken FRS radios and set your trip odometers so you can anticipate turns and know what's going on... haven't we been doing this for many years now, lead the newcomers by example.

When I was working for my friend's mothers courier business, I delivered all up north so I know all the short cuts and nice roads you can speed where I've never seen a cop within the 3 yrs I delivered up there. I know when I go for my first cruise I won't be one of the guys at the front nor the middle, I've learned my lesson a long time ago with the speeding tickets. I mostly want to go just to meet new people and shoot the shit kinda gig and just have fun running up and down the back roads which are just pleasant since it's nice weather. Meeting Brent the other day, just makes me want to meet the lot of you guys. He's a very nice guy and speaks pretty highly of the group that went on the cruise.

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 02:30 AM
All of those to talk shit about 5-series (e34 and e39) should try to take those turns on a car like that, they did, and 90% of you were waaaaay too carefull, what is the point of having a good BMW if you cant drive and dont have fun with it?

What's the point in running trucks with trailers off the road along with motorcycles and old grandmas? I can understand the wanting to have fun part, but there are tracks and other group activities that people host just for what you mentioned. I don't think getting someone hurt or seeing a couple guys get their rides towed is a good way to "cruise". Maybe if you got your head out of your ass, you'd learn that a lot of the careful drivers actually do a lot of racing on the tracks and not the roads, where it should be done.

WatsoN
05-19-2010, 02:34 AM
I never seen them pass when it was dengerous, and I was right behind them all the way. If u dont want to risk, sit at home and watch TV.

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 02:39 AM
I never seen them pass when it was dengerous, and I was right behind them all the way. If u dont want to risk, sit at home and watch TV.

Remind me to run you off the road next cruise then =\ then you can sit at home and we can all drive safe and not have any cops ruin the day. You must be one of those guys who speed to try and look cool and come screaming to a red light and just go brake happy and then stomp it to the floor only to stomp the brake. People like you, make us pay higher insurance.

WatsoN
05-19-2010, 02:42 AM
Well I really dont care about your inshurence... I never did what you have listed, but ofcause I will remind you to run me off the road next time, I will ask those guys on 5-series to film it, gonna be a funny video

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 02:48 AM
Well I really dont care about your inshurence... I never did what you have listed, but ofcause I will remind you to run me off the road next time, I will ask those guys on 5-series to film it, gonna be a funny video

Doesn't matter, your attitude about the "risk it or watch tv at home" deal is just plain retarded. How old are you? 18? I'm a young pup but obviously you haven't really experienced the real world, when it comes crashing down on you with almost 8grand in fines. Also this crap that you were right with them is just nonsense. Your calling most of the people on this forum liars then. Because many people claim they seen some of the acts. Some even own up to it. I think you should just stop posting, because you speak like the roads are a raceway.

WatsoN
05-19-2010, 02:54 AM
I dont care what you think, dont like fines dont speed. Well if you got 8 grand in fines, you propably did something stupid, so by your logic you deserved it. I never passed anybody whan I did not see at least mile ahead, I only defend those who actually can drive and have balls to risk.

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 03:05 AM
I dont care what you think, dont like fines dont speed. Well if you got 8 grand in fines, you propably did something stupid, so by your logic you deserved it. I never passed anybody whan I did not see at least mile ahead, I only defend those who actually can drive and have balls to risk.

You sir, are a moron. I didn't get 8grand in fines. I was just saying you haven't got caught yet by the way you say things. Have balls to risk LMFAO! you joking right? Go risk it on a track you goof. Some people mentioned it was so packed that if one of you guys messed things up 4-8 of you would be unlucky and follow suit. A cruise is a drive, not a race, nor a place to go balls to the wall. Going on the track, that's where you can go balls to the wall and screw your ride up there without injuring others. You don't understand this concept do you? I guess you don't have the mental capacity to comprehend such things.

WatsoN
05-19-2010, 03:13 AM
Ow no, you are mistaken, I had a lot of fine to pay, and about mental capacities we will talk on next cruise, no point on a forum. You always somehow put word "you", learn to read, I never talked about me, only 2 guys on 5-series..
"Go risk it on a track you goof" Well I will do what I want, when I want, and you are nobody to tell me not to do something. Good night, work in a morning, was pleasure talking to you.

Bullet Ride
05-19-2010, 09:39 AM
This thread is getting stupid. It needs to be cleaned up and/or closed.

E30 Girl
05-19-2010, 10:40 AM
So seriously this is the problem witht his forum now, people with 5 dam posts run their mouths and come to cruises and act like idiots. I really think there should be some action taken here against everyone who has acted like a moron because I know that I'm not going have my car written off because of someone elses lack of respect for other peoples property.

I'm willing to not go on cruises anymore and just plan thing outside of max as I would rather that and be safe then run the risk of something happening. Now that said I really don't want to do this I love being a part of this forum and participating in the events but I really think it is the responsability of the admin to control not only the forum but the events as well especially if you are putting your name on it.

There is a reason why all the OG member who used to come out for every event don't anymore, its action like the ones on the last few cruises and the stupidity that comes out of our inmature new members.

Maybe something will actually be done before we can't even go on cruises because the cops break it up at the meet spots.

T.Dot_E30
05-19-2010, 11:03 AM
I'm willing to not go on cruises anymore.

+1, doubt i'll be taking part in any other cruises this year.
Unless it's an OG invite only cruise.

That WatoN guy probably created his account just to talk shit, I bet he was one of the idiot passengers with those guys.

INFAMOU$
05-19-2010, 11:17 AM
OG: Invite only cruise would be sweet.

billyr3d
05-19-2010, 11:29 AM
I cruise 1 - 2 times a month with a small mature group. It's not bmw specific but more so convertible specific. We have a few porsches and bimmers and a S2000. It's a Mid week thing , Wed & Thurs nights. E30Girl, bring out your s2000 if you'd like.

pawcio
05-19-2010, 11:40 AM
So seriously this is the problem witht his forum now, people with 5 dam posts run their mouths and come to cruises and act like idiots. I really think there should be some action taken here against everyone who has acted like a moron because I know that I'm not going have my car written off because of someone elses lack of respect for other peoples property.

I'm willing to not go on cruises anymore and just plan thing outside of max as I would rather that and be safe then run the risk of something happening. Now that said I really don't want to do this I love being a part of this forum and participating in the events but I really think it is the responsability of the admin to control not only the forum but the events as well especially if you are putting your name on it.

There is a reason why all the OG member who used to come out for every event don't anymore, its action like the ones on the last few cruises and the stupidity that comes out of our inmature new members.

Maybe something will actually be done before we can't even go on cruises because the cops break it up at the meet spots.

Sadly I agree. I didn't come out to this cruise but last year I went to the majority and I was at the opening cruise. It was fun with no people acting like morons. The reason its called a cruise is because you're supposed to cruise. There is a difference between pushing your car on a cruise and pushing your car on the track. There are plenty tracking events organized every year to go have a different sort of fun at. Stuff like this makes me think twice about going.

Doing cruises by invitation may be the only way to stop stuff like this and allow people to attend based on merit and respect for other members' property and safety during the cruise...or actually public safety too. We're on public roads with other cars.

...sad

richie_s999
05-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Ladies, Gentlemen, and children of all ages

WTF happened out there!! Shit anyone driving like an asshole, pull the cruise over, talk to them, and if they are being an asshole, tell them to get lost.

There is no need to allow people to put others in harms way!

deal with them at the event, not online.

If anyone gets outa line, put them in line, for your own safety and the others, not to mention the public.

Cruise passing....if for what ever reason you feel you should be ALLOWED to pass, let the person know your intentions, double tap the horn, flash the beams and get the person in front of your attention.
They can then point or signal you to pass them when your clear, also this will allow for them to allow you a safe place to merge back in.
If they dont signal you to pass, STAY WHERE YOU ARE.

Anyone who is reckless, and does something to put another driver in harms way is someone who obviously has no RESPECT for their fellow drivers or anyone's life.

I have flat out pulled cruises over and had to talk to people about their driving, and usually they get it after a nice chat, only ever had to ask 1 person to leave a cruise.

dbworld4k
05-19-2010, 12:00 PM

Are you shitting me?! Public roads with LOCAL TRAFFIC are not race tracks. The point of this is to have fun with a bit of spirited driving, not leapfrog every single god damn car in front of you, cutting off other members and forcing your way in to merge because you're overtaking unsafely.

Tell me, how is crossing a solid yellow on a sweeper and/or UPHILL road being safe? I was right up front and saw those two pull stupid shit time and again while running some locals off into the shoulders to avoid head-on collisions.

There's a time and place for driving balls-out; take that shit to the track.
+1, doubt i'll be taking part in any other cruises this year.
Unless it's an OG invite only cruise.

That WatoN guy probably created his account just to talk shit, I bet he was one of the idiot passengers with those guys.
This moron can't even spell properly, let alone have the mental capacity to act logically.

+2 for invite only cruises. Enough of this moronic crap.

5style
05-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Yeah...a few of us do invite only mini cruises already, so its a good idea. Me, Flyview, and a few other ogs do runs to the forks or some other twisties occasionally. Opp everywhere, don't even give us a second look.

5style
05-19-2010, 12:04 PM
Are you shitting me?! Public roads with LOCAL TRAFFIC are not race tracks. The point of this is to have fun with a bit of spirited driving, not leapfrog every single god damn car in front of you, cutting off other members and forcing your way in to merge because you're overtaking unsafely.

Tell me, how is crossing a solid yellow on a sweeper and/or UPHILL road being safe? I was right up front and saw those two pull stupid shit time and again while running some locals off into the shoulders to avoid head-on collisions.

This reminds me of opening cruise 07, white e36 4 door, not sure who was driving, but he was wearing a bmw jacket, was passing on a blind corner uphill, solid line. If there was traffic, he would of been dead, and there would of been a tragedy. (also considering the speed the line was doing.)

I made a huge gap when i saw it going down , because if anything, i m going to get taken out in that situation too.

richie_s999
05-19-2010, 12:06 PM

This moron can't even spell properly, let alone have the mental capacity to act logically.

+2 for invite only cruises. Enough of this moronic crap.

They drive like assholes for attention, same as they are looking for it here afterwards, IGNORE them, if they don't get the attention they will go away!

Bullet Ride
05-19-2010, 12:25 PM
IGNORE them, if they don't get the attention they will go away!

lol reminded me of Family guy

Lois Griffin: Peter, there's a hooker on the bed!
Hooker: Hi.
Peter Griffin: Stand perfectly still Lois, their vision is based on movement.
[Pause]
Hooker: Where'd you go?

Blackedout95
05-19-2010, 12:31 PM
Or this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNkp4QF3we8&feature=PlayList&p=DA01836EC5BA62C7&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=18

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 12:50 PM
Sorry if you guys/girls got the wrong impression by me saying I would run him off the road. His idiocy got my blood pressure rising thinking it's OK to make bone head passes and putting people's lives on the line. My deal is, I have never been on a cruise and I would love to go on with the people from this board, but it seems that the driving habits of others might have ruined my chance at ever going on a cruise seeing as how some want an invite only. If that does happen, I'd like a chance to show you guys how responsible my driving habits are and would love to just cruise the back country with you guys/girls.

Mystikal
05-19-2010, 01:37 PM
First off, thanks to all who came out and enjoyed the day with us. Overall the day was a blast, I haven't heard so many warm wishes at the end of a cruise day in my 6 years of doing this. It's my pleasure to organize and lead these events, and I'm really glad that most of you appreciate the time and money spent.

Now I hate to do this, but I have to. To the keyboard warriors venting in here...please stop. There was really just a tiny handful of drivers who needed to be spoken to, and they all were addressed accordingly during the stops. Between myself, Raisa and Stephanie all of those who were out of line were talked to (or, sometimes yelled at by the slightly more emotional ladies...) and given warnings regarding their behaviour. I did not hear one complaint past that point. Therefore, all of you arguing are just rehashing situations that have already been dealt with; please, just stop. The offending members know who they are and know to act differently or they will not be allowed to participate in the future. There's no need to get on the safety soapbox and lecture them, or threaten to remove your participation from upcoming events. Any further posts on this topic will be deleted and bans considered. Thanks for your cooperation here.

Now that that's out of the way, thanks again to the supporters and those who helped organize this event. We are a community. It is always great to see new friendships being born and old pals reconnecting through days like this, and we all need to understand that we're here to educate, have fun, and further strengthen our bond as a BMW club.

Again, thanks everyone. I hope to see some familiar faces at MidnightCruise '10, coming June 18th. I'll have all the details for that event up soon. *th-up*

Blackedout95
05-19-2010, 01:52 PM
Interesting post... while it is nice to hear they were dealt with your attitude towards those who show concern (rightfully so) shows quite a bit of immaturity.

Perhaps when you address the concerned members of this forum you could say something along the lines of " your concern for the safety of the public is appreciated but, dealt with.... now lets move on " sounds a lot better than soap box, lecture and dont say you will not come next time.

jmo

Mystikal
05-19-2010, 02:08 PM
Interesting post... while it is nice to hear they were dealt with your attitude towards those who show concern (rightfully so) shows quite a bit of immaturity.

Perhaps when you address the concerned members of this forum you could say something along the lines of " your concern for the safety of the public is appreciated but, dealt with.... now lets move on " sounds a lot better than soap box, lecture and dont say you will not come next time.

jmo

I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

It's difficult to support members who are creating conflict over a dead issue, especially considering that a few of them are friends of mine who have crashed (some of them severely) their own cars while driving aggressively. It's a little harsh yes, but we need to focus on this: The mature thing to do here is not attack, but rather solve the issue and move on. This has been done, and any future incidents will be addressed also. There were problems, they were brought to my attention, then those who were causing them were spoken to. By posting in here 3 days later still rehashing the same stories, we won't move forward. And that's what community is about.

Again, I'm sorry you may have been offended by my tone. I still stand behind it, though. :)

dbworld4k
05-19-2010, 02:26 PM
June 18th? Whoa, that's way sooner than I anticipated! Woot!*rockout*

Bullet Ride
05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
June 18th? Whoa, that's way sooner than I anticipated! Woot!*rockout*

+1!
... and a few days before my birthday, even better!

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 02:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear you feel this way.

It's difficult to support members who are creating conflict over a dead issue, especially considering that a few of them are friends of mine who have crashed (some of them severely) their own cars while driving aggressively. It's a little harsh yes, but we need to focus on this: The mature thing to do here is not attack, but rather solve the issue and move on. This has been done, and any future incidents will be addressed also. There were problems, they were brought to my attention, then those who were causing them were spoken to. By posting in here 3 days later still rehashing the same stories, we won't move forward. And that's what community is about.

Again, I'm sorry you may have been offended by my tone. I still stand behind it, though. :)

I'm sorry for bringing up the dead issue. I didn't know they were dealt with on the road at the time as I was not part of the cruise. Just some of the "tones" used by some about the way they acted, well... you can tell how some others who did not appreciate it very well. I'm looking forward to meeting you and others come June 18th :) Drive safe till then!

Mystikal
05-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm sorry for bringing up the dead issue. I didn't know they were dealt with on the road at the time as I was not part of the cruise. Just some of the "tones" used by some about the way they acted, well... you can tell how some others who did not appreciate it very well. I'm looking forward to meeting you and others come June 18th :) Drive safe till then!

For sure! You are also a prime example of what threads like this cause, which is leading outsiders (read: those who were not there) to think that the events are angry free-for-alls with reckless driving and no rules. Fact is, on Sunday only a few were actually upset; these people brought the issues to light (I can't see this stuff up front, we were doing the speed limit with cruise control on!) and seemed satisfied after a few drivers were spoken to.

I for one was happy to see the great camaraderie shown amongst the whole group on Sunday. Let's not throw that all away once we're protected behind our computer screens. *th-up*

T.Dot_E30
05-19-2010, 03:35 PM
There's no need to get on the safety soapbox and lecture them, or threaten to remove your participation from upcoming events. Any further posts on this topic will be deleted and bans considered.

Ouch direct hit on me, Lindsay, Anuk. While I agree we shouldn't be venting on here, something needed to be said otherwise it would just get worst at the next event, just like this one was worst than the fall cruise.

That i'm fine with, but the fact that you are threatening to ban us and not the offenders, i donno man...maybe i'm reading it wrong or it just came across wrongly.

Mystikal
05-19-2010, 03:40 PM
I'd support the post-deletion and (much less likely...) banning of anyone who decides to continue bickering back and forth about what's already been solved. The statement wasn't specifically directed towards either side, I just want all of the crap-flinging to stop immediately as it has gotten us exactly nowhere.

5style
05-19-2010, 06:53 PM
Noted, and stopped.

Young Gun
05-19-2010, 06:56 PM
:( im soo sad I missed out on this, last minute sh*t sucks... either way, will definately be there for the midnight cruise...

If anyone is arranging for small get togethers/cruises plz PM me

Blackedout95
05-19-2010, 07:11 PM
@Mystikal, I appreciate the mature response, I can understand better now where you are coming from considering that a few of them are friends of mine who have crashed (some of them severely) their own cars while driving aggressively. It's a little harsh yes. Your tone was just a lil harsh but I can see you mean well and by the way you handled my opinion do have a mature head. Take care

uzi577
05-19-2010, 08:32 PM
i just remembered people inquiring about the cool shoes I had on during the cruse. IF you interested here is the name fivefingers (http://www.vibramfivefingers.com/)you can pick them up here in Toronto in MEC (http://www.mec.ca/Main/content_text.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=25343743028 87037&bmUID=1274311853647)
Give me a shout if you have any question about, those.*uzi*

JINT
05-19-2010, 09:11 PM
Guys stop the war already. Forget about it.

Brent
05-19-2010, 11:08 PM
First off, thanks to all who came out and enjoyed the day with us. Overall the day was a blast, I haven't heard so many warm wishes at the end of a cruise day in my 6 years of doing this. It's my pleasure to organize and lead these events, and I'm really glad that most of you appreciate the time and money spent.

Now I hate to do this, but I have to. To the keyboard warriors venting in here...please stop. There was really just a tiny handful of drivers who needed to be spoken to, and they all were addressed accordingly during the stops. Between myself, Raisa and Stephanie all of those who were out of line were talked to (or, sometimes yelled at by the slightly more emotional ladies...) and given warnings regarding their behaviour. I did not hear one complaint past that point. Therefore, all of you arguing are just rehashing situations that have already been dealt with; please, just stop. The offending members know who they are and know to act differently or they will not be allowed to participate in the future. There's no need to get on the safety soapbox and lecture them, or threaten to remove your participation from upcoming events. Any further posts on this topic will be deleted and bans considered. Thanks for your cooperation here.

Now that that's out of the way, thanks again to the supporters and those who helped organize this event. We are a community. It is always great to see new friendships being born and old pals reconnecting through days like this, and we all need to understand that we're here to educate, have fun, and further strengthen our bond as a BMW club.

Again, thanks everyone. I hope to see some familiar faces at MidnightCruise '10, coming June 18th. I'll have all the details for that event up soon. *th-up*

The midnight cruise...sounds interesting! I'll mark it on the calendar. Thanks for organizing the opening cruise, Jay, I had a lot of fun and it was great to see so many great looking, well kept cars. I honestly felt honoured just to be able to bring my own car to an event like that!

blk3
05-19-2010, 11:20 PM
ah man i really would like to come out to the midnight cruise but i leave the country the day before that. have to catch the next one. really enjoyed the opening cruise

HavocSteve
05-19-2010, 11:22 PM
The midnight cruise...sounds interesting! I'll mark it on the calendar. Thanks for organizing the opening cruise, Jay, I had a lot of fun and it was great to see so many great looking, well kept cars. I honestly felt honoured just to be able to bring my own car to an event like that!

I can follow you or you can follow me on that cruise!

Is it really going to be a in the dark cruise? or you just giving it a title lol.

Bullet Ride
05-19-2010, 11:43 PM

Is it really going to be a in the dark cruise? or you just giving it a title lol.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/60Rxo3HRRXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/60Rxo3HRRXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

craigIS
05-19-2010, 11:44 PM

It's exactly like it sounds. "Midnight Cruise". I think the cruise itself starts around / after midnight. I may be wrong (as I've never been), but that's what I've been told.

craigIS
05-19-2010, 11:45 PM
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/60Rxo3HRRXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/60Rxo3HRRXU&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Aaannnd, you beat me....:P

doogee
05-20-2010, 12:23 AM

hahaha, Always loved the sound dub at 10 seconds.

HavocSteve
05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Very cool.. I'm really looking forward to this midnight cruise now.

dble Trouble
05-20-2010, 12:53 AM

Hopefully, if you do an OG cruise, you could include me. I hate the stupidity I've been hearing on the forum.

richie_s999
05-20-2010, 02:11 AM
June 18th, one week b4 my wedding...can't think of a better way to spend my last friday b4 tying the knot!!!!!!!

See you all at midnight!!!

El Gato Liso
05-20-2010, 02:57 AM
El wanted to attend this opening cruise, but he had a soccer match that day.

as far as i know though, Gato did make it out to the autoX to do a little spectating.

but some dude named Liso was in a bit of a car accident at the autoX. apparently his neck still hurts!

we'll see how i feel about this midnight cruise. i didnt go to the opening because it was money that would have been taken away from my dirtE30 project night rider project.

E30 Girl
05-20-2010, 09:42 AM
Don't worry guys if I talk to you on a regular you'll be invited...lol I only talk to people I like...LOL

I'm just a bitch like that...:P

dbworld4k
05-20-2010, 09:48 AM
No way, I'm not going on a cruise with you! There will be more time spent on smoke breaks than driving. :P bahaha!!

Young Gun
05-20-2010, 12:39 PM
^ LOL ... you mean you guys DONT smoke in your cars :O

E30 Girl
05-20-2010, 12:45 PM
No way, I'm not going on a cruise with you! There will be more time spent on smoke breaks than driving. :P bahaha!!

Are you saying I can't multy task? I can smoke and drive...I just need someone to light it for me...:P

///MCoupe007
05-20-2010, 09:56 PM
I stayed at the very end with the black m coupe and I think we had the most fun haha! It was like being in the last seat on a roller coaster. My stupid corner flew out too, luckily it stayed on the pigtail and I just popped it back in (sorry for slowing the last few guys down but I had to pull over to put the corner back in) We need pics ASAP!!

Ha! No doubt ....had a blast playing caboose. Was good to meet you, your buddy and some of the board members. I made it out to the cruise on a last minute decision and without question had a great time. Mad respect to Steve for keepin 6 out for me given i had no route map and equally no idea where the hell i was going. Much thanks to all the event organizers for great Sunday run! Cheers *th-up*

740-iLL
05-20-2010, 11:43 PM
Don't worry guys if I talk to you on a regular you'll be invited...lol I only talk to people I like...LOL

haha hopefully having you on fb get's me an invite! *wave*

blk3
05-21-2010, 12:37 AM

lol looks like im out then

5style
05-21-2010, 12:51 AM
Ha! No doubt ....had a blast playing caboose. Was good to meet you, your buddy and some of the board members. I made it out to the cruise on a last minute decision and without question had a great time. Mad respect to Steve for keepin 6 out for me given i had no route map and equally no idea where the hell i was going. Much thanks to all the event organizers for great Sunday run! Cheers *th-up*

SELL ME YOUR RIMS caboose. LOL! Epic uturn, good thing i noticed everyone pulled over at that plaza as we drove by lol

Dr. Flyview
05-21-2010, 03:07 AM
Haha, well it was fun to read all that. Chang's a smart man, listen to him.

I had a pretty awesome day, and hopefully it won't take too long to get a video up out of my footage.

Thanks for putting in the effort again and again Jay!

webb70
05-21-2010, 09:42 AM
OK, so whens the next cruise??

(any more pictures of the Ducati??)

HavocSteve
05-21-2010, 02:16 PM
lol looks like im out then

Well when I'm done with my car, we can meet up and go for a cruise. See if a couple people want to join.

blk3
05-21-2010, 10:18 PM
hey im up for that. just let me know when you are ready

blk3
05-21-2010, 10:47 PM
Haha, well it was fun to read all that. Chang's a smart man, listen to him.

I had a pretty awesome day, and hopefully it won't take too long to get a video up out of my footage.

Thanks for putting in the effort again and again Jay!

noticed the cam on your car at the cruise. looking forward to seeing some vids

gnome
05-22-2010, 01:43 PM
It's exactly like it sounds. "Midnight Cruise". I think the cruise itself starts around / after midnight. I may be wrong (as I've never been), but that's what I've been told.

Participated in most of the midnight cruises in the past 3 years - rain or shine its a blast. :cool: I posted a few pics over the years in the older threads.
Sometimes we have a mini-cruise aftewards on the way home, getting home at 5AM just in time for breakfast!

bmwm5lover
05-22-2010, 08:47 PM
So I was not able to make it this year, part because the Rover doesn't make a good Autobahn Burner and pert because I was working. In hindsight, I should have taken the V70R and shown up, nevertheless, I will be there at the midnight cruise with it.

Looks like a great time, idiots always come from the shadows and show up, I am glad no one got hurt/injured.

As a PROUD OG, I was just talking to my g/f (after reading the thread) about how Private cruises may be the way to get rid of some of these fools, but then we would never get a chance to meet someone new, who has their head on their shoulders.

Jay, once again, bang on job!

iverson03tj
05-22-2010, 10:58 PM
sorry did not read page 23 or w.e the page was were jay said to stop :P

iverson03tj
05-22-2010, 11:19 PM
I am not sure if anyone will do this but in the socal i have taken part in a few midnight runs and dessert cruises and we use this very simple system, when a person behind you wants to over take you, you just either put ur hand out the window or put ur right turn signel on for 2 seconds or so, and then the car can pass and everytime the lead car sees on coming traffic he will signal to the LEFT so indicate a car is approching... and if you see any cops (we called them bears... unno y :S) are near we tapp the the brake lights 3 times gently (unless we need to slow down real fast :P)

this could help us all out.