PDA

View Full Version : Selling my 1991 M5 - JDM with only 108,000 Km's!

NipponM5
04-14-2010, 09:02 PM
I imported this car from Japan 2 years ago. Low kilometres. Never seen winter.
It's left hand drive and jet black.

Lots of options including rare heated rear seats, extended leather and power rear sunshade.

I have all the records on this car.

Serious buyers can PM me and I will provide pics and further info.

c finesse
04-14-2010, 09:16 PM
how much?

SiR
04-14-2010, 09:31 PM
accidents? rust?

turboteg
04-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Pics?

NipponM5
04-14-2010, 10:08 PM
No accidents..no rust. PM if you're a prospective buyer. I will include everything in the post if I don't get much response from PM. I just don't have time to answer everyones questions that aren't serious. This is a good clean example. Some pics are on page 11 of the pic sticky.

wrx_
04-15-2010, 12:35 AM
I just don't have time to answer everyones questions that aren't serious. This is a good clean example. Some pics are on page 11 of the pic sticky.

if you don't have time, why not to post more info with pics here?

NipponM5
04-15-2010, 07:05 AM
if you don't have time, why not to post more info with pics here?

Not seriously looking to buy right?

marek
04-15-2010, 08:02 AM
I saw this car in person and it really is clean and mint. Good car for somebody looking for one of these.

540iM
04-15-2010, 09:22 AM
Nippon, with all due respect, and I mean it, this is not the right attitude if you want to sell your car. It would have been nice to post the details with pics so that POTENTIAL buyers become interested and then perhaps buy your car. In addition, I believe you are mistaken the purpose of this forum. We are all enthusiasts here. If one asks a question regarding your car, it's just in his/her nature to ask and for you as (hopefully) as an enthusiast to reply. Furthermore, this section of the forum also acts like an educational section just like all other sections. We not only come on here to buy, but also to assess the market and, yes, admire and comment on great cars.

At any rate, I wish you the best of luck with the sale! :)

BigD
04-15-2010, 09:33 AM
I think it's really smart, and I'll do the same if I need to sell a car in the future. Put pics and price into a real classifieds. Doing it on the forum will ONLY result in windbags discussing how fair your price is, if your car looks good or not... what does he care? If you actually want the car, you'll spend the 15 seconds it takes to PM him for the info.

wrx_
04-15-2010, 10:53 AM
Doing it on the forum will ONLY result in windbags discussing how fair your price is, if your car looks good or not

bullshit. many ppl buy cars from that forum, so did i. and actually i'm looking to buy another car here.

marek
04-15-2010, 06:44 PM
I think it's really smart, and I'll do the same if I need to sell a car in the future. Put pics and price into a real classifieds. Doing it on the forum will ONLY result in windbags discussing how fair your price is, if your car looks good or not... what does he care? If you actually want the car, you'll spend the 15 seconds it takes to PM him for the info.

*th-up* well put. For someone actually looking for an E34 M5, taking a few minutes to PM the seller, won't be too much of a bother.

mkgino
04-15-2010, 06:57 PM
well.....I have no interest in buying this car but at bare minimum you could post some pics

T.Dot_E30
04-15-2010, 07:34 PM
Let's all pm him and let him spend more time answering the same questions again n again.

I believe a good ad should answer all the basic questions and provide as much details as possible. So that interested buyers have less questions to ask. You may even have less questions if you did a good job n waste less of your time, because all that is left is for someone to come see it.

Also a good well written ad is a good form of adverisement, ppl will tell others about it if they know someone looking for a car, with no info why bother telling someone about a car you know nothing about.

Anyways goodluck with the sale, there are obvisously different ways to sell a car n you've choosen yours.

Petinko
04-15-2010, 10:04 PM
I agree with many here that this is the wrong attitude to have when selling. I am looking for a fun semi rare BMW fun car to make me feel better about driving an ugly ass '09 MKV-Jetta. I want a garage queen type car and until now have only considered an e30-M3 or and e36-m3.....

point is I dont even know what an M5 has to offer, and this post COULD catch my attention if there were pics-specs....

gotcurry
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
this turned in to what he was trying to avoid in the first place.. i saw this thread when he posted it and was confused with his mentality and decided not to post... hopefuly nipponm5 now u understand that posting pics and disclosing the information of the car in the thread is actually a good idea because it will prevent 100000 pms which you dont have time for anyway and guage interest from ppl on the forum.. and maybe someone one might actually speak about ur car outside the forum to a potential buyer in return getting you a sale.

To me ur method of posting comes off as cocky prick who is 2 egoistic to make a proper FOR SALE ad just cus u drive and own a decent car.

VSanj
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
^^well put!

Petinko
04-15-2010, 10:11 PM
well this guy in BC wants 7,000$, but its got quite a few more KM no winters either though
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3366/2341/20913670041_large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/133885-1991-m5-black-black-canadian.html&usg=__51jYuvFrZ9cY92nOAl9mo4mNJTI=&h=768&w=1024&sz=280&hl=en&start=10&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=yZmzPvp97mVvvM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3D91%2Bm5%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%2 6tbs%3Disch:1

NipponM5
04-17-2010, 10:36 AM
this turned in to what he was trying to avoid in the first place.. i saw this thread when he posted it and was confused with his mentality and decided not to post... hopefuly nipponm5 now u understand that posting pics and disclosing the information of the car in the thread is actually a good idea because it will prevent 100000 pms which you dont have time for anyway and guage interest from ppl on the forum.. and maybe someone one might actually speak about ur car outside the forum to a potential buyer in return getting you a sale.

To me ur method of posting comes off as cocky prick who is 2 egoistic to make a proper FOR SALE ad just cus u drive and own a decent car.

It looks like I generated some interest here though...LOL. Listen, I'm sorry if I somehow come off as arrogant? Wow! Nothing could be further from the truth.

I Have already had a couple of people request tons of info...and then nothing...they want pics and all kinds of stuff and then they won't even tell me wether they are interested or not. That pisses me off. I'd like to sell, but I'll just keep the car if I keep getting the run around and lowballers.

And the word is :"Egotistic" lol - kidding

I've bought and sold many cars over the years. Lately I've noticed a lot of scammers and people who will make some ridiculous offer sight unseen. What happened?

NipponM5
04-17-2010, 10:40 AM
well this guy in BC wants 7,000$, but its got quite a few more KM no winters either though
http://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl=http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/2/3366/2341/20913670041_large.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sale-wanted/133885-1991-m5-black-black-canadian.html&usg=__51jYuvFrZ9cY92nOAl9mo4mNJTI=&h=768&w=1024&sz=280&hl=en&start=10&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=yZmzPvp97mVvvM:&tbnh=113&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3D91%2Bm5%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DX%2 6tbs%3Disch:1

That was in September I think....That one has over 270.000 km's !! Not even a comparison! Factor in a new engine to their asking price.

NipponM5
04-17-2010, 10:44 AM
;)

Model: 1991 M5 EM5-J (JDM)
Chassis: WBSHD91060BKXXXXX
Build Date: April 1991
Mileage: 108,569 Kilometres
Colour: Jet Black (668)
Motor: 3.6L Inline 6. (S38 B36)
Interior: Black extended NAPPA leather (0318)
Transmission: 5 speed manual
Traction Control:
Brakes Front: xxx X xx mm
Brakes Rear: xxx X xx mm
Wheels: Staggered 17 x 8 front, 17 x 9 rear ,forged M system II
Tires: 235/45R17 front and 255/40R17 Federal Super Steel S95
Features: Ellipsoid headlights, SLS removed - Bilstein suspension, black kidney grills, clear corner lenses, Alpine stereo with Ipod control.
Options: Servocentric Power Assist, Shadowline Trim, Power Sunroof, Power Sunshade, Auto Dimming Rear Mirror, Power/ heated front seats- driver side memory, Heated Rear Seats, Auto climate Control, 9 x 17 inch Rear Wheels, Front and Rear Foglights.
Comments: Imported from Japan in 2008. All service paperwork, and all original parts included. New radiator and recent tune up.

This car has never seen snow, ever! Imported from Japan two years ago. No rust, no accidents. Very difficult to find one like this with low K’s.

What it needs : (very little)

-I will be putting in a new windshield, unfortunately a stone hit the very top of it and it has to be replaced.

- There is a small power steering leak,.this will be repaired by me. Not the pump, coming from a connection.
- A bit of the clear coat seams to be coming off rear trunk lid. (I’ll see what can be done here)
- The leather is coming a way a bit at the top of the front door panels. (I’ll see if this can be repaired)
- A couple of minor door dings.

What’s been done:

- The battery was replaced with a high quality one when it was first imported.
- Many front suspension components were replaced using “Lemforder” parts. Idler arm, Center Link, Upper control arms, Tie rods
- Factory radio removed. Replaced with Alpine deck with IPOD control, speakers and amps. All factory items kept including CD changer.
- Replaced a couple of engine compartment covers that were cracked.
- Black kidney grills installed.
- Tune up including new BERU ignition wires, cap, rotor, plugs, filter etc.
- Synthetic 15W50 oil used as per specifications.
- Tires are excellent!
- New radiator – the old ones tend to leak at the end tanks and that’s what happened – Never overheated!
- I removed the throwing star covers that came installed backwards – included.
- Missing exhaust hangers replaced.
- Cabin filter replaced
- Wiper blades replaced - BMW
- A/C converted to R134.
- Hood struts replaced – BMW

- Bentley repair manual, two owner manuals (Japanese and English)

MiroE36
04-17-2010, 10:55 AM
wow, it looks like you have a really nice car on your hands. Seems like you don't to burnouts, your rims are perfectly matched up. Best of luck with sale!

NipponM5
04-17-2010, 11:23 AM
Thanks. I think I had turned them to line up when I had the suspension work done. And you're right..I've never done a burnout with this car!

I'll get some more recent photos up soon with the Black kidney grills and wheel covers off.

dgmorr
04-17-2010, 03:04 PM
wow, it looks like you have a really nice car on your hands. Seems like you don't to burnouts, your rims are perfectly matched up. Best of luck with sale!

Wow, people line up wheels? Now that's detail.

SiR
04-17-2010, 03:28 PM
I Have already had a couple of people request tons of info...and then nothing...they want pics and all kinds of stuff and then they won't even tell me wether they are interested or not. That pisses me off. I'd like to sell, but I'll just keep the car if I keep getting the run around and lowballers.

welcome to selling a car...seriously. Its largely a pain in the ass. And it goes that way(what you described above) 99% of the time. Its just something you ahve to deal with because you never know out of all those people who may actually come through in the end.

Try selling a civic. youll want to off yourself. lol

doogee
05-02-2010, 01:00 AM
Please post a ballpark price. Know someone interested.

NipponM5
05-02-2010, 09:03 AM
Just had some work done at Bimmersport to get it ready for sale. New power steering pump seals, new upper control arm, control arm bushings-upgraded ones, New Tie Rods and put the throwing stars back on and balanced wheels. It was recommended that the crank hub be changed, this can be negotiated. One door hinge should be replaced and I'll be getting that done.

Just have it getting professionally detailed. Then I'm taking some more pics and I'll be throwing it in Auto trader and Ebay.

Ball Park is $15K.

three28
05-02-2010, 09:57 PM
turning the wheels to match must not last long I'm thinking as turning forces the front wheels to travel further than the rears. Nice m5!

Quickid
05-02-2010, 10:12 PM
Would you be open to meeting up at my mechanic's shop? I'd like to go over this car and not waste your time with pic requests and stuff.

If I like this, will any of you guys be interested in my E30 cab? It's a 1992 Lagoon Green 325I Cabriolet?

astronaft
05-22-2010, 08:28 PM
please reply
:cool:

NipponM5
05-22-2010, 09:34 PM
Sold. Thanks.