PDA

View Full Version : Instaling subs in e36 Questions ?

dil
04-11-2010, 01:06 PM
do u need to change the wiring from the speaker to the amp or jus use the old wiring to the amp ?

propr'one
04-11-2010, 02:16 PM
wtf?

dil
04-11-2010, 09:47 PM
my question was do u use the wiring from the stock amp or u have to change all the wiring to the aftermarket amp ( the question is for wiring an aftermarket amp)

MiroE36
04-11-2010, 11:02 PM
you gotta be more specific, are you going to be using the same deck? if you are going with an aftermaket deck you will just splice the two amps together, similar but a bit harder if you are using the stock one.

tg07lq
04-12-2010, 12:30 AM
you can use the existing wiring thats there for the factory amp, to send/recieve signal, to/from headunit and speakers. it will be fine

prince1
04-12-2010, 12:48 AM
i would and did with my e36. changed to 0 gauge *th-up**th-up*
will be doing some thing similar in the e46

dil
04-12-2010, 06:06 PM
to an aftermarket deck and amp

blk3
04-12-2010, 08:49 PM
i ran new wiring and rcas for the amp to power my sub, the other speakers are still powere by the factory amp and everything sounds great

archrival
04-17-2010, 11:01 PM
^ What he said. Only need 3ft power and ground wires since the battery is right there so thats not a problem. Just get the $10 deck adapter harness to retain the stock amp and speaker setup with the aftermarket deck.

dil
04-26-2010, 11:37 PM
wired new deck no sound how do i wire my deck to new amp to get sound

iverson03tj
05-22-2010, 06:06 PM
wired new deck no sound how do i wire my deck to new amp to get sound
unno if this helps, but this is basically what i used to identify the wire.
*smoke*

http://i45.tinypic.com/2qsasm8.jpg

blk3
05-22-2010, 06:33 PM
you need to hook up the factory amp power wire to the remote wire to your deck to get sound. your not getting sound because the factory amp is off

tominizer
06-02-2010, 10:38 AM
Let me understand this.

New aftermarket deck is installed. (yes/no?)

Want to install a new aftermarket amplifier ? correct !!

So I'm going to ask you a few questions. They may seem simple and trival but hey, I need to know that you know these things ?

New deck has RCA outputs ?
Did you install new RCA lines back to where you want to install the new amp?
Did you install the remote trigger wire from the new aftermarket deck to the new amp?
Next, the amp needs to be mounted securely, and provided with good power (fused if the amp is not fused) and ground to the car chassis.

The basics to the amp are the following: signal from the deck to the amp via RCA's, Trigger wire from the deck to the amp to trigger the amp to turn on, power and ground.

AND, my recommendation is ALWAY string new wiring so you know what you have. IF you need any wiring, let me know as I'm in woodbridge as well. I have some wiring in the garage........ some new and some used. May even have some RCA's kickin around.

iverson03tj
06-02-2010, 01:36 PM
Let me understand this.

New aftermarket deck is installed. (yes/no?)

Want to install a new aftermarket amplifier ? correct !!

So I'm going to ask you a few questions. They may seem simple and trival but hey, I need to know that you know these things ?

New deck has RCA outputs ?
Did you install new RCA lines back to where you want to install the new amp?
Did you install the remote trigger wire from the new aftermarket deck to the new amp?
Next, the amp needs to be mounted securely, and provided with good power (fused if the amp is not fused) and ground to the car chassis.

The basics to the amp are the following: signal from the deck to the amp via RCA's, Trigger wire from the deck to the amp to trigger the amp to turn on, power and ground.

AND, my recommendation is ALWAY string new wiring so you know what you have. IF you need any wiring, let me know as I'm in woodbridge as well. I have some wiring in the garage........ some new and some used. May even have some RCA's kickin around.

Do you have zero gauge? im planing on doing "the big 3", but getting the 0 gauge from the alternator all the way to the battery is going to be a mission!!

Also has anyone done this before?

tominizer
06-03-2010, 11:04 PM
Yes.... I do........... other thing is instead of going with 0 guage, run multiple strands of 4 gauge instead. Easier to hide. Easier to fish. ETC !!

Other thing is have you calculated what you REALLY need instead of just installing the BIG guage you can find ?!?!??! How big of an alternator upgrade are you doing........... sounds like you read Yuli's thread on CCA !!

T.Dot_E30
06-04-2010, 08:57 AM
I find it funny this guy needs help and is writing one sentence lines with bearly any info, expecting us to know what he did.

Just because you 'wired' new deck, doesn't mean you did it right.
For us to provide you with any help you'd need to let us know how you wired the deck, which wire to which wire. You probably did something wrong and, as good as I am i can't read your mind.

Once you have a deck working, you can proceed to wiring up the amp/sub. Which is easy (for ppl who know what they are doing).

Run RCAs and Remote trigger from deck to trunk (assuming thats where you are mounting the amp)
Run Power and Ground for the Amp
Run speaker wires from the amp to sub.

Hook everything up and your good to go.

If you don't understand that, then maybe you should just take it to a car audio shop.
For me the hardest part is running the wires.

iverson03tj
06-04-2010, 11:11 AM
Yes.... I do........... other thing is instead of going with 0 guage, run multiple strands of 4 gauge instead. Easier to hide. Easier to fish. ETC !!

Other thing is have you calculated what you REALLY need instead of just installing the BIG guage you can find ?!?!??! How big of an alternator upgrade are you doing........... sounds like you read Yuli's thread on CCA !!

I got a 140 amp alternator, and my system is only going to be 1 type x powered by a pdx 1.1000 and type r components also powered by a 75 rms x 4 amp....

So do you think i would need a bigger Alternator? I dont always blast my music, and im only going to play it while the car is started oh i also have a dry cell suv battery, that i took off my uncles lincoln Navigator :P and that battery is atleast 140 amp.