PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Looking for e30. (Sell me your DD)

Dpaul
04-08-2010, 06:12 PM
Hey, Im new to the forums and Bimmers. Never owned one, but have been lurking here and over at R3v alot. Anyways, sell me your car! Looking for any late model e30. Coupe, any colour.. 318-325, I dont care.. A m50 swapped car would be ideal but isnt a must.

A must:
Daily drivability.
Manual.
Euro bumpers.
Coupe.

No:
Cab's.
Diving boards.
Sedan.

Looking to spend under 5k. Show me what you have.

hosty
04-08-2010, 07:19 PM
Gl...

Dpaul
04-08-2010, 07:45 PM
to you too.

hosty
04-08-2010, 09:39 PM
lol.

dble Trouble
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
Uh...............yeah. Not likely to happen. Any in that condition are gonna go for $6k +++ I think you have to set your sites a little lower, or be prepared to raise your budget--------------considerably.

Dpaul
04-08-2010, 11:19 PM
People here are lame as hell. I know Im new and shit but negative spam is unesesary. Ill edit the post a bit I guess?

-Cant edit the original post.. nice.
88-91, coupe, semi reliable, manual. Reasonable?

Ceeker
04-08-2010, 11:40 PM
Uh...............yeah. Not likely to happen. Any in that condition are gonna go for $6k +++ I think you have to set your sites a little lower, or be prepared to raise your budget--------------considerably.

he's not being negative...he's being realistic...and apparently since you have little or no knowledge about this particular model car he's simply bringing you up to speed and therefore should appreciate it instead of getting all defensive about it. welcome to the club! :-)

dble Trouble
04-08-2010, 11:49 PM
he's not being negative...he's being realistic...and apparently since you have little or no knowledge about this particular model car he's simply bringing you up to speed and therefore should appreciate it instead of getting all defensive about it. welcome to the club! :-)

Exactly! I'm really not trying to be negative at all. I searched literally for 1 year to find my super clean '91 SEDAN. Yes that's right I said sedan. Little to no rust. But like anything else there was a huge catch. The clutch was shot and the previous owner didn't want to spend the money to fix it. He KNEW he had a super clean car on his hands, but with no clutch=no test drive which means I had no idea what else could be wrong, and I wanted a two door. So in the end I lowballed him and he took it. However, I know I'll get blasted from a few on this board, but if I got offered $6000 for my car right now, I wouldn't take it. I'd be looking for more, and I'll tell you why. What would I go and buy with that money? I'd have to add a lot more to find something comparable. Mechanically, everything works on my car, a lot of important parts are brand new, and very little surface rust on lower passenger fender and sunroof. Just my two or three cents worth.

BMW_E46
04-09-2010, 01:36 AM

Take it easy pal.

As a 3rd party reading this post I did not see any intent to put your down but rather an effort to inform.

elroy
04-09-2010, 08:56 PM
theres a guy on vwvortex selling an e30 318is with m50 swap iirc, but hes asking like 10K. his car is immaculate

here you go: http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=4669358&page=1

they weren't spamming your thread, just making you aware

Dpaul
04-09-2010, 09:20 PM
Hmm, any chance that red 318 came from BC? Sounds stupid, but the interior and shit are identical. Thanks for the suggestion, price is a bit high but he has a super nice car for sale. Im in the middle of speaking with a few guys who are selling half decent cars, but continue to post any findings/your own cars. Thanks.