PDA

View Full Version : spring question

Furious
03-25-2003, 01:08 AM
anyone have any experiece with Racing dynamic springs? if so how good are they and are they comparable to eibach and H&R? thanks

bart320i
03-25-2003, 11:50 AM
I think they are made by Eibach so they are pretty good quality

Furious
03-25-2003, 09:17 PM
good looking out for a bro bart! by chance do you know what type of eibach they "are" (sportline ,, etc etc etc)

Autotechnica
03-25-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Furious325is
good looking out for a bro bart! by chance do you know what type of eibach they "are" (sportline ,, etc etc etc)

Mark,

Should be pro kits. RD's website says it only lowers the car 1.3" front and 1.0" rear. It's quite similar to Eibach's pro kit 1.5" front and 1.0" rear. However, for the sportline it lowers the car 2.0" front and 1.7" rear. I think the RD springs are custom made by Eibach perhaps? But I would trust Racing Dyanmics or AC Schnitzer anyday, I just don't know who RD is owned by anymore, is it still in business or what?

Bry

Furious
03-26-2003, 12:02 AM
very good question
ill ask my contact about that

Furious
03-26-2003, 12:11 AM
ok. .Racing dynamics is owned by a US company called.. Electrodyne.. Bryan do you know anything on them>?

tiestoE36
03-26-2003, 03:29 AM
the rim shop by my house said h&r are the best springs, that h&r make springs to suit the car. eibach gives the customer what they want as far as the ride hight, but not always of the cars best interests. plus peolpe say that the quaility of eidach has gone down since the plant moved to the US, the wear out over time, and the car becomes very bouncy. if racing dynamic is made in US i personally donot trust the quaility.

if your looking to lower your car more than 1.5" in the front, its recommended that you change the shocks too.

Furious
03-26-2003, 10:44 AM
im not really going for a look . more performance in this aspect. i kinda like the half inch the M-tech suspension (that i have) gives. the only thing is the suspension is starting to get a little "floaty" i wanna upgrade to something more sporty, and if i get a decent ride hieght in the process. the awesome. only looking at around maximum an 1 1/2 in front and 1" in back if possible. but my options are staying open.