o Ignition coils
o Ignition coil boots
o Blower motor resistor
o Flywheel (machined)
o Clutch kit
o Hood struts
o Tie rods
o Oxygen Sensor
o All fluids changed with synthetics less than 2k ago (trans, diff - Redline & Castrol Syntec)
o BMW LL-98 or LL-01 oil used exclusively (less than 1k on current Mobil1 LL-01 oil and OEM filter)

Modifications:
o Hartge adjustable rear wing ($800+ extremely rare part)
o Custom mandrel-bent axle-back exhaust (factory cats and resonators still present)
o Hawk HPS brake pads
o Pulled (flared) rear fenders for wheel/tire clearance (will fit 265s if you're so inclined)
o Apexcone ellipsoid headlights with Lamin-X protection
o 55w 3000k (yellow) DDM HID low beams (can provide 4300k bulbs if requested)
o OEM fogs with yellow Lamin-X protection
o 17x8 Racing Dynamics RGR w/235/40/17 Yokohama ES100 (wheels straight but curb rashed, tires still 50-60%)

Sound System
o Alpine IVA-D310 DVD in-dash headunit, processor flush mounted in glovebox
o Kicker KX550.3 amplifier (hidden in stock location, 100% stealth)
o Infinity Reference 5.25" components (front, hidden behind stock grills)
o Alpine Type-S 5.25" coaxials (rear, hidden behind stock grills)
o Subwoofer ready, wiring present, 420wrms 2ohm channel, just plug one in

Just to note here, I have kept extremely detailed records of all work done to car including a stack of receipts from Bimmmersport. In total, since July '07, I have spent $10,420 bringing this car up to spec and keeping it there. I purchased the car in a neglected state and went to town on it; it is now bulletproof for it. Unlike other M3s you may find for cheap on the market, you'll know exactly what you're getting with this car.

Issues:
o Crack on the passenger side of the windshield (aftermarket replacements are $250 or so, or find a safety guy who doesn't care about that side)
o Front fender liners contacting tires at full steering lock (cheap to replace or fasten up tighter, I just didn't get around to it)
o Stone chips on the front end
o 11-button OBC display is poor, will provide good condition 18-button OBC to replace

This car has treated me very, very well over the past few years and while it hurts to let it go, it's time to move on. As you can see from the maintenance list I've kept it up to date and done my best to replace parts prior to failure (i.e. maintenance and not repair). This is a very solid M3 that has seen just one winter, with no rust present (California car, fully registered in Ontario). It's no show car, but it will hold its own nicely. Dyno tested the car in its current state and saw 216rwhp and 206rwtq SAE on a dynojet, which is VERY strong for a stock S50B30 and computes to more than the stock 240/225 ratings. Just completed an e-test for the buyer, after changing the o2 sensor the car passed with 0.00 in some categories and barely blipped the meter in others. Very healthy motor, very strong car.

Pictures to come once the weather allows me to clean the car up. Here's a teaser (wheels and lip not included; OEM front lip mounted):

http://www.r3vlimited.com/gallery/files/7/7/1/5/dsc_0511.jpg

March 24th update, current photos:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96208&stc=1&d=1269464025

If you do not like the wing, I have a spare Dakar Yellow trunklid to swap:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96209&stc=1&d=1269464025

Mint interior. Seats folded down because said spare trunklid is inside:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96210&stc=1&d=1269464025

Door sills, door jambs, everything nice and clean (summer-only use will do that):

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96211&stc=1&d=1269464025

Sample of service records:

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=96212&stc=1&d=1269464025

Asking $9,900 firm. Price can move if I remove parts, but I've parted it as far as I feel at this point. PM me.

Mystikal
03-22-2010, 05:08 PM
And the 6-minute-after-posting-the-ad PM has been replied to. Whoa.

MiroE36
03-22-2010, 05:38 PM
what the hell has gotten into you?? regardless, whats next?

Man I don't know if I can picture you in anything else... good luck with sale, not that you will need it lol.

Blades
03-22-2010, 05:41 PM
I see an E46 in the near future for Jay :D

jeremy
03-22-2010, 06:16 PM
beaut!

Blown M3
03-22-2010, 06:49 PM
Do you want to sell the wheels?

craz azn
03-22-2010, 06:54 PM
Very solid car, especially for the money. Awesome price!

Mystikal
03-22-2010, 08:42 PM
what the hell has gotten into you?? regardless, whats next?

Man I don't know if I can picture you in anything else... good luck with sale, not that you will need it lol.
lol nothing really. I'm at that do-or-die point that I was with my E30 at one point (that point was when I got the M3!) when I know that I'm about to get into some massive modification plan (FI, swap) that makes no financial sense and I need to distract myself immediately. I love this car to death and treated it like it'd be mine for much longer, but I know my limits and it's either more throttle bodies or a snail showing up under that yellow hood if I hold onto it. Thanks for the well wishes!

I see an E46 in the near future for Jay :D
Nope, something much different. You guys know you'll be the first to know when it happens though!

beaut!
Thanks!

Do you want to sell the wheels?
What if I told you...the two rears have road rash (yes road rash, from the pavement!) one rear tire is blown and the other is about to pop from wear also. And I still want $2500. Still interested? LOL I figured not, the wheels are much meaningful emotionally to me than than the cash into them. If the plan changes, again, maX will be first to know.

Very solid car, especially for the money. Awesome price!
Thanks man, and thanks again for the corner light!

hosty
03-22-2010, 09:40 PM
WTF!!! :(. Anyway what lip is on the front!?

Dysantic
03-22-2010, 09:59 PM
One of the cleanest/nicest M3's I've ever seen in person. Whoever picks this thing up is gonna get one hell of a car. If I wasn't putting so much into my current car, I'd be all over this.

Mystikal
03-22-2010, 10:05 PM
You guys are great, thanks. The lip is a MaxVelocity RS, I cracked it on a swell in the pavement late last season.

All PMs replied. I see this is going to be a full-time job.

calegrant
03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Where was this when I was interested in your 318! *uzi*

dgmorr
03-22-2010, 11:21 PM
Post up your FAQs.

Daonhathai
03-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Oh man, that thing is gorgeous. Yellow was never really my thing for cars, but the lip, fogs, and wheels compliment it soo well ontop of how clean it looks. Good luck with the sale, hope some punk ricer kid doesn't end up with it. cheers!

hosty
03-23-2010, 01:36 AM
is the lip the same thing as the max velocity gtr? sorry for the question

Robb
03-23-2010, 02:52 AM
Nice M3. IMO, it's worth more than you are asking !!
The car market is really crazy cuz the other day I was offered more for my stock 1991 civic si than you are asking for this M3 !
*par-t*

GL on the sale. Dont sell that e30 though !

b-dawgGTA
03-23-2010, 01:45 PM
awh, sad to see it go. Love your seeing you sig with it. so keep that sig lol

Mystikal
03-23-2010, 02:08 PM
Just realized that I should add that although the RS lip pictured is not included, I have replaced it with a factory OEM M3 lip. Editing original post to include that now.

Where was this when I was interested in your 318! *uzi*
lol, sell that Subie and get back into the game!

Post up your FAQs.
I will if I start to see a pattern developing, thanks.

Oh man, that thing is gorgeous. Yellow was never really my thing for cars, but the lip, fogs, and wheels compliment it soo well ontop of how clean it looks. Good luck with the sale, hope some punk ricer kid doesn't end up with it. cheers!
Thanks. It's definitely unique, some dislike the exact things you pointed out.

is the lip the same thing as the max velocity gtr? sorry for the question
Nope, the GTR is even bigger. Too big IMO.

Nice M3. IMO, it's worth more than you are asking !!
The car market is really crazy cuz the other day I was offered more for my stock 1991 civic si than you are asking for this M3 !
*par-t*

GL on the sale. Dont sell that e30 though !
Thanks Rob, and the E30 isn't going anywhere.

awh, sad to see it go. Love your seeing you sig with it. so keep that sig lol
lol, sometimes I forget my sig because I have them turned off! Thanks.

Steve30
03-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Wow.. It's actually for sale :( I hope it goes to someone who appreciates it as much as you do! Its the best sounding E36 I've heard in person and is one of the reasons why I picked up my E36 M3. If you remember, a few years ago at timmie's we used to park across the street and make fun of the fart cans and that red corrado vr6 turbo that copied every mod on my friend's corrado :P Anyways GLWS and hopefully someone in the community picks it up so we can still see it.

Mystikal
03-23-2010, 04:33 PM
Wow.. It's actually for sale :( I hope it goes to someone who appreciates it as much as you do! Its the best sounding E36 I've heard in person and is one of the reasons why I picked up my E36 M3. If you remember, a few years ago at timmie's we used to park across the street and make fun of the fart cans and that red corrado vr6 turbo that copied every mod on my friend's corrado :P Anyways GLWS and hopefully someone in the community picks it up so we can still see it.

Wow, you brought me back with the Corrado story! I had totally forgot about that night, good times. Thanks for the complements man.

As a side note, I'm getting quite a few PMs inquiring about trades. I will still field your offers as they come, but I'm not really interested in 99.99% of the cars likely to be put on the table. As I said I'm still more than happy to consider them, but I'm really just looking for the cash. I'm hunting for another, very very rare car and I expect that hunt to take a long time.

Keep the offers coming. Just picked up the UVIP and the e-test is in hand.

B6T
03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
o Crack on the passenger side of the windshield (aftermarket replacements are $250 or so, or find a safety guy who doesn't care about that side)

If the crack is swept by the driver's wiper blade, it will not pass. But your issue is on the other side of the glass, so you should be OK.

"d) the windshield has any star, crack or stone chip in the area swept by the driver's wiper blade that could affect the driver's
vision; or "

(Not an official MTO website, but I'm sure it's legit.)

So if a tech fails a safety because of it, he doesn't know his stuff...

ImolaZHP
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
you didn't mention anything regarding suspension.. and it sure doesn't look stock!

calegrant
03-24-2010, 12:00 AM
The sale of the subaru may be coming up...trade? :rolleyes:

E30 Girl
03-24-2010, 09:36 AM
If the crack is swept by the driver's wiper blade, it will not pass. But your issue is on the other side of the glass, so you should be OK.

"d) the windshield has any star, crack or stone chip in the area swept by the driver's wiper blade that could affect the driver's
vision; or "

Actually that only applies to chips not an actually crack regardless of placement. I work for a dealer as a Service Advisor and we actually had one yesterday that had a crack on the passanger side.

Mystikal
03-24-2010, 10:21 AM

vision; or "

Cool. As I said it's up to the buyer, worst case replacements are indeed cheap.

you didn't mention anything regarding suspension.. and it sure doesn't look stock!

Crazy thing is, it IS stock. The '95s sat quite a bit lower than the later years (many components of the suspension are actually different). I took out some spring pads, which I'd be happy to provide to the new owner. There's no noises or other ill effects.

The sale of the subaru may be coming up...trade? :rolleyes:

I actually might have a buyer for that car. I'm going to dig up your old thread now, but PM me details + asking price. If you're serious, this could work out.

Mystikal
03-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Pics as promised. Car is now 100% ready for its new owner, come get it!

spoony_prelude
03-24-2010, 08:47 PM
u suck!

Jay

KablaMMed
03-24-2010, 11:28 PM
Car makes me drool, love this E36, how can you sell a thing of such beauty?

The-Traveler
03-25-2010, 01:24 AM
When you say it will be something completely different, does that mean it might not be a BMW?

Good luck with the sale. I'm looking forward to seeing the next car.

Mystikal
03-25-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks guys, next car will be a BMW. :)

PMs replied.

PinkieMoscow
03-25-2010, 06:26 PM
Wow, hartge adjustable wing. I'm really jealous.

Car looks awesome dude.

Mystikal
03-25-2010, 10:57 PM
Thanks. I was going to sell the wing separate but was too lazy to swap lids.

$9,900 for a clean, strong M3. Come buy it people!

El Gato Liso
03-26-2010, 02:27 AM
love the boxing gloves hanging off the rear view! im looking for some myself

T.Dot_E30
03-26-2010, 08:06 AM
Thanks. I was going to sell the wing separate but was too lazy to swap lids.

$9,900 for a clean, strong M3. Come buy it people!

Why would you need to swap lids? The spoiler is clamped on, no holes! A little buffing to get the paint to match and everything should be good.

Mystikal
03-26-2010, 08:58 AM
love the boxing gloves hanging off the rear view! im looking for some myself

Straight out of Mo Bay. Thanks for the reminder, that's the last personal belonging of mine in there, I gotta take it out.

Why would you need to swap lids? The spoiler is clamped on, no holes! A little buffing to get the paint to match and everything should be good.

lol, trust me after removing the wing every winter for storage I'm familiar with the mounting process. But the trunklid is slightly indented at the edges where the wing sits, so there's no way one could run the car wingless without swapping lids (which is why I have a spare Dakar I lid).

T.Dot_E30
03-26-2010, 09:56 AM
lol, trust me after removing the wing every winter for storage I'm familiar with the mounting process. But the trunklid is slightly indented at the edges where the wing sits, so there's no way one could run the car wingless without swapping lids (which is why I have a spare Dakar I lid).

Ahh it's indented, makes sense, must be all that crazy down-force *rockout*

hosty
03-26-2010, 05:50 PM
hahaha I hope nobody buys this m3, so your stuck with it! :D

Mystikal
03-26-2010, 06:10 PM
lol I really hope not, because I already have 3 cars and I'm likely paying for the 4th on Monday. :)

ShortShifter
03-27-2010, 01:08 AM
Very detailed ad Jay! Good luck with the sale! This car is in awesome shape and sounds incredible!! *th-up*

Dr. Flyview
03-27-2010, 12:45 PM
Crazy thing is, it IS stock. The '95s sat quite a bit lower than the later years (many components of the suspension are actually different). I took out some spring pads, which I'd be happy to provide to the new owner. There's no noises or other ill effects.

What :huh?:

Please explain more.

P.S. Sweet car. Didn't make sense, till you said you're getting another rare one. Looking forward to that!

Mystikal
03-27-2010, 12:52 PM
What :huh?:

Please explain more.

P.S. Sweet car. Didn't make sense, till you said you're getting another rare one. Looking forward to that!

Remove spring pads -> car goes down a little bit. It can lead to noise issues, but mine is silent. It's honestly not worth much, but I didn't need much.

Majjic
03-28-2010, 11:09 AM
Bump for a clean ride, and great owner.
I love the colour and wheel combination!!
Jay always looks after his cars..
Too bad your selling, GLWS!

98M3NACE
03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
what lip did you have on the car/where can I buy it/can i buy yours?

free bump for you!

moogles
04-01-2010, 11:55 PM
lol I really hope not, because I already have 3 cars and I'm likely paying for the 4th on Monday. :)

what are you getting on Monday?!

im sad that you wont be driving this anymore.. :(

5style
04-05-2010, 02:44 PM
If we win cliff my ride... LOL

Mystikal
04-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Still here.

BMW_M_POWER
04-08-2010, 07:00 PM
since everyone loves it soo much, why dosen't someone come up with the cash and take it?

Mystikal
04-08-2010, 07:03 PM
Just to clarify, no one has even come to see the car yet despite 1000 emails and PMs from all over the place. So no, it's not the car that's scaring away buyers. :P

dbworld4k
04-08-2010, 07:13 PM
Tire kickers FTW!

yellowfever3
04-08-2010, 08:01 PM
still got the in the main picture? ive got a dakar yellow m3 too. love the way they look

BMW_M_POWER
04-08-2010, 10:17 PM
Just to clarify, no one has even come to see the car yet despite 1000 emails and PMs from all over the place. So no, it's not the car that's scaring away buyers. :P

I bet all those emails are from kijiji, and did you get the ones like " I'll give you $3000 cash if nobody take it" LOL

not a lot of people know these cars therefore the only people to step up with money would be the real enthusiasts.

wrx_
04-09-2010, 11:47 AM
no one has even come to see the car yet despite 1000 emails and PMs from all over the place

probably most of those ppl found and sealed better deals on M3s :D

c finesse
04-11-2010, 10:53 PM
sick car

JayWells
04-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Jamaican flag +1
Can't forget the flag :)

5style
04-19-2010, 12:05 AM
I do not have the cash to grab it, wish i did tho, FU

yessiR
04-20-2010, 01:00 PM
you really wondering why its not sold yet? Come on... I'm all for e36 m3's and love them to death but you can't possibly be asking 10g's for a car with 300,000+km no matter how rare the spoiler is and how much you've spent on it. You're gonna either keep this car or end up selling it closer to $7,000

E30 Girl
04-20-2010, 01:06 PM
you really wondering why its not sold yet? Come on... I'm all for e36 m3's and love them to death but you can't possibly be asking 10g's for a car with 300,000+km no matter how rare the spoiler is and how much you've spent on it. You're gonna either keep this car or end up selling it closer to $7,000

Says the Honda guy with SIR???

MiroE36
04-20-2010, 01:39 PM
^^^ oww, that smells like a VTEC OIL BURN!!!

SiR
04-20-2010, 06:45 PM
hes 100% correct.

and we really dont need to make this into a shit show. wtf does it matter that he drives an SiR? how does that matter or relate to the selling of this m3?

Obviously you didnt have anything constructive to say to refute what he said so you tried to make some personal attack. lawls.

Steve30
04-20-2010, 06:57 PM
I'd rather Jay keep the price where its at so the car doesn't go to some irresponsible teen who will end up smashing it. Someone will buy it regardless of the km's. I've seen it in person and it definitely has been taken care of. I would rather buy this than a car with less km's that has barely any maintenance on it.

b-dawgGTA
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
^^ agreed

almost bought a rx7 with 500hp for 4500(needed work)
id probably be dead if i bought it

SiR
04-20-2010, 07:27 PM
I can definitely see and agree with the stance of having it a bit higher to only attract serious people but youd have to be willing to flex "behind close door" so to speak.

turboteg
04-20-2010, 08:33 PM

Agreed 100% US imported 95 M3 with 300 000+km 10G's!?! come on...You can get 97-98-99 M3's even convertibles with half the KM's down south for around 8G's why would this one be so special? because it belongs to a maxbimmer mod? All of you would be bashing the price if it was someone else selling the car...not trying to bash the car I am sure its really nice but will never sell at that price...

Petinko
04-20-2010, 10:22 PM
^^^ you're right. just search kijiji FLA 1998 M3 convertible 120MIL 7,200$ plus airfare and import pain in the ass random stuff.... 8500-9000$ with 100,000 less km.

BUT for whatever reason most people think their car or house is worth more then other peoples.

BMW BMXer
04-20-2010, 10:48 PM
sup with all the lurkers coming out of the wood work?

Let the man sell his car.

E30 Girl
04-21-2010, 09:44 AM
Agreed 100% US imported 95 M3 with 300 000+km 10G's!?! come on...You can get 97-98-99 M3's even convertibles with half the KM's down south for around 8G's why would this one be so special? because it belongs to a maxbimmer mod? All of you would be bashing the price if it was someone else selling the car...not trying to bash the car I am sure its really nice but will never sell at that price...

I agree with you in the states cars are CHEAP!!!!! I just picked up a 2005 S2000 in Florida for $16,500 USD with 15,295 miles and I could put it in the trader here and sell it all day long for 30g. The states vehicle pricing is rediculously cheap that is just the way it is the question is weather you have the patience to deal with the shit that goes with importing.

MiroE36
04-21-2010, 09:55 AM
hes 100% correct.

and we really dont need to make this into a shit show. wtf does it matter that he drives an SiR? how does that matter or relate to the selling of this m3?

Obviously you didnt have anything constructive to say to refute what he said so you tried to make some personal attack. lawls.

Don't get defensive, we are just slightly pushing the wrong buttons. On the other hard I did see his car in person and honestly speaking, for its age and mileage it really really well kept.

As for the price, at the end of the day, it's only worth as much as people are willing to pay for it. Very few M3's are priced under 10K which makes this one more or less competitively priced IMHO.

turboteg
04-21-2010, 10:31 AM
I agree with you in the states cars are CHEAP!!!!! I just picked up a 2005 S2000 in Florida for $16,500 USD with 15,295 miles and I could put it in the trader here and sell it all day long for 30g. The states vehicle pricing is rediculously cheap that is just the way it is the question is weather you have the patience to deal with the shit that goes with importing.

The thing is that these days importing cars are a lot easier you just need to send your paper work ahead(title and bill of sale + RIV form) to the border you will be crossing and they will take care of all the paper work for you once you cross you just pick up everything find a Canadian Tire do the international vehicle inspection and your basically done...I don't even think you need the BMW certificate anymore...

I also understand that it all comes down to what people will pay for it but I don't think anyone will pay that much for it and that's why its still for sale...

Mystikal
04-21-2010, 10:45 AM
you really wondering why its not sold yet?

I've never said that, anywhere in here; I invite you to read the thread over again. I'm waiting comfortably and what the market decides is fine. Not that it should matter to you, but I'm flattered by your interest.

I'll remind all the keyboard warriors of the classified rules:

Sellers are trusting Maxbimmer to be as supportive and as positive as possible. Being courteous and professional goes a long way. If there are issues with the price, or you have a comment that you think may start controversy, then please use private message (PM).

I could delete posts and have members banned (which would be normal moderating procedure at this point), but I think it proves a stronger point to leave it out there and let people know who has class and respect by their posts. I hope one day you'll understand this.

Upon deeper reflection, I've decided to close the thread. Nothing good can come of it really, as I've shared 100% of the info in the first post. Plus about 4/5 inquiries have been from other sources anyways. Sorry to ruin your hobby guys. :)