PDA

View Full Version : Heat Shield

Shamis
03-23-2003, 11:52 PM
ThinAir told me at the meet to ask someone for tips on how to make a heat shield

So, anyone got any tips????

ZiMMie
05-08-2003, 02:00 AM
hey guys i saw a post of i think was migno with a guide on how he made his heat sheild..
does anyone have the url for that post? did a search on it didnt find nada..
am also intresed in heat shield for my e30.

thanx aot

SickFinga
05-08-2003, 02:35 AM
Shamis, I got heatshield, next time at the meet ask me, I'll show you.

Gamite
05-08-2003, 02:53 AM
Vlad, I think shamis wants to make one himself.

mkgino
05-08-2003, 03:22 AM
Get a piece of cardboard, make the shape for a heat shield that will fit out of that

Then go to Home Depot, buy some aluminum for 10 bucks and cut it out following the lines from the cardboard template, doesnt get easier than that

Slowered318
05-08-2003, 04:38 AM
make sure to paint it with "hot paint" so it doesn't rust like the old one did. thicker the metal the better! and if it has to be molded use a vise and ball tip hammer with a sand bag to copy the origional.

good luck

GR8 Ride
05-08-2003, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Slowered318
make sure to paint it with "hot paint" so it doesn't rust like the old one did. thicker the metal the better! and if it has to be molded use a vise and ball tip hammer with a sand bag to copy the origional.

good luck

Uhhh...aluminum doesn't rust.

Pat

Shamis
05-08-2003, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
Vlad, I think shamis wants to make one himself.

vLAD THE ONE WITH THE 4DOOR M3 IS Sickfinga?????

I learn something knew everyday

BMW_M52_M20
05-08-2003, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by mkgino
Get a piece of cardboard, make the shape for a heat shield that will fit out of that

Then go to Home Depot, buy some aluminum for 10 bucks and cut it out following the lines from the cardboard template, doesnt get easier than that

Jon,

Does your home made one fit well into your intake bay???? Mine from ECIS has holes on the bottom so it can be attached to the car so it doesn't move around or anything??? Do you have a pic, I am just interested to see how you did it....I paid 85$ F8^%ing dollars US for mine, which was way to much...
Thanks
Jay

moregothanshow
05-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Uhhh...aluminum doesn't rust.

Pat's a funnie guy...hahahahaha

ZiMMie
05-10-2003, 02:36 AM
Originally posted by mkgino

Hey do u hear the sucking of air in ur setup?
how does it sound?