PDA

View Full Version : O crap, black dots from under the car.....

Shamis
03-23-2003, 10:55 PM
I know I have a coolant leak but now Im paranoid I might be drippin oil aswell

How can u tell what fluid it is that u can see from under ur car after its been sitting in ur garage and then there are those black dots on the ground????

bmwm5lover
03-23-2003, 10:59 PM
well, oil is black/brown, much slimier than coolant(?). take a good look at all ur gaskets, and see if its leaking form there. if it is, sad to say, u r screwed. one of my dads gaskets (2nd or 3rd, not too sure) was leaking, and he did it for 1000, and that was with a discount......:(

Shamis
03-23-2003, 11:04 PM
If my car is leaking oil I am going to blow it up

KennyTheGreat
03-23-2003, 11:36 PM
damn
seems like something new everyday :O

Shamis
03-23-2003, 11:59 PM
no i know im leaking coolant (shot rad) but I better ****ing not be leaking oil

If I am leaking oil I swear to god i am going to drive this POS bmw of a cliff

bmwm5lover
03-24-2003, 12:00 AM
Originally posted by Shamis
no i know im leaking coolant (shot rad) but I better ****ing not be leaking oil

If I am leaking oil I swear to god i am going to drive this POS bmw of a cliff
wanna trade???:D

bimmermafia
03-24-2003, 12:00 AM
how much did u buy this car for from the previous owner?

Billy

SickFinga
03-24-2003, 12:13 AM
shamis, how much did you pay for that car?

Shamis
03-24-2003, 12:21 AM
13750 plus taxes around 14 something

but it has a lot of extras it jsut needs work i guess.....

anyone wanna buy it for 14k????

djcontra
03-24-2003, 12:27 AM
i've also been noticing that you've had nothing but problems with the e36 you had. It sounds like the previous owner abused the car, or never took care of it. This is sometimes true when buying a ''tricked'' out car.

If you bought this through a dealer, I would start researching on the Lemon Law and file a complaint.

If you bought it privately then it's a different story. :(

In the past, when I was new at buying cars, I too bought a car (not bmw) that kept breaking down, and I kept sinking hard earned money into, and enough sweat and time wrenching myself to save a few bucks, that in the end I just sold it because it wasn't worth the troubles anymore. I just ended up buying another one (same kind, but I checked everything before-hand) and have been happy ever since.

I figure,

-Fix your car, tally up cost of car + repair, and if it's still within the value range of your model/year, it MIGHT be worth keeping, chances are you MIGHT have fixed everything that was hopefully going to go wrong.

or

-If the total sum of the value+repairs costs well over the value of the car (maybe $2000 or more), SELL the car for what you bought it for, maybe a little more, eat your losses, and buy a different e36 now that you know what to look for / ask for before-hand.
You lose a couple grand maybe, but you could be sinking more than that in the long run repairing a car that might keep breaking.

Shamis
03-24-2003, 01:01 AM
Well Im taking it to Chucks auto tommorow to get everything fixed, or atleast a quote.... I could also be paranoid you never know.

And what do you think I can get for my car

It has 2 set of MINT rims and Tires
body work
lowered
Full sound system (Not selling TV And DVD player not worth it to me)
Its in good condition, but needs like 1000-2000$ repairs
Black on Black
m3 tails and corner lights
I/H/ supersprint exhaust

Shamis
03-24-2003, 02:21 AM
and how come i post somethin people tell me to sell my car

i like my car

Im taking it to my budds dads shop tommorow hell fix it up

///MsAniTy
03-25-2003, 11:59 PM
Hey how much is your car lowered and also what type of front do you have on that?

Shamis
03-26-2003, 12:06 AM
its as low as it can go pretty much on blistien sport suspension

I have a M-Teck front skirt