PDA

View Full Version : Question: e36 front clear signals

Bill Gates
03-23-2003, 07:44 PM
Just installed my OEM front clears and i noticed the clears come with its own bulb and socket. my socket is 3 prong and the new ones are 2 prong only.

i've read that its illegal to have clears and a white bulb. i wanted to switch the clear bulb with the orange from the stock but it has different contacts. :confused:

do i just need to buy the orange bulb with the right contacts? also, why are they different?

for now, i just left the clears with the clear bulb till i find a solution. probably stop by the dealer tomorrow.

Thanks guys.

tiestoE36
03-24-2003, 01:07 AM
i dont recall a three prong, but i have heard of two prong and one prong. the difference between those are withe two prong has two functions stays on and blinks. the one prong just stays on or blinks.

you should put in what ever you took out, if teh car was stock two prong, liike mine, then buy the two prong orange and put it in.

you can buy them from canadian tire, its cheaper then the ones at the dealership but they are the same shit. that what the guy at the town and country bmw told me when i bought my clears.

or we might be talk about different things.

mkgino
03-24-2003, 01:18 AM
Yup that happened to me too when I bought mine. I got them to give me new three prong sockets. You shouldnt have bought them without then guarantee-ing you the 3 prong ones, go back and ask them......*th-up*

WASABI
03-24-2003, 01:46 AM
why not just use the old sockets?

tiestoE36
03-24-2003, 02:56 AM
when i got my clears, i didnt get a new socket, just the lense. the stock bulb was clear, so i changed it to a orange one. i never changed the socket.

328power
03-24-2003, 03:43 AM
i dont think the front bulbs have to be orange...

I got Hyper white bulbs and i havent been pulled over yet....

tiestoE36
03-24-2003, 03:58 AM
Originally posted by 328power
i dont think the front bulbs have to be orange...

I got Hyper white bulbs and i havent been pulled over yet....

how long have you had them for. b/c i have blue ones in my room, but i dont want stuipid tickets right know.