PDA

View Full Version : Which wax is best?

drivetolive
03-14-2010, 11:48 AM
I Used Meguiars Gold Class Wax this year and although the initial result was amazing, it did not last long. I waxed my car about 3 or 4 times in the summer, I think the last time was in September/October and it came off during the winter around January-February.

I liked the shine Meguiars Gold Class gave me but need something that can last longer. Anyone have any good recommendations?

terrence330
03-14-2010, 01:09 PM
go to harley davidson's dealership and ask them for S101 paste wax

i promise...you wont be disappointed

Nikku
03-14-2010, 04:22 PM
Collinite 845, 476 or 915 have amazing durability and I simply love the look.

Best bang for your buck in my opinion. 845 does not sheet as well as 476 and 915 but is easier to put on since it comes in liquid form.

If i had to choose one of the three. I say go with Collinite 476. I had a client that I put on a couple of coats in November and it's still going strong today. I will bet that you'll end up loving it :)

If you prefer spray waxes Optimum Car Wax or Duragloss Aquawax. Easy on and easy off. Simply spray buff and you're done. However it does not last that long.

If you have more questions about product, pricing and availability feel free to contact me :)

Robb
03-14-2010, 04:41 PM
Worlds best wax. Sold at Autobahn detailing.
Been using it for 8 years. Silky smooth. $60 for the connisseur wax.

http://www.worldsbestwax.com/main.htm

http://www.krownstoneycreek.com/images/wax_logoBottl.jpg

ImolaZHP
03-14-2010, 04:55 PM
Collinite 845, 476 or 915 have amazing durability and I simply love the look.

Best bang for your buck in my opinion. 845 does not sheet as well as 476 and 915 but is easier to put on since it comes in liquid form.

If i had to choose one of the three. I say go with Collinite 476. I had a client that I put on a couple of coats in November and it's still going strong today. I will bet that you'll end up loving it :)

If you prefer spray waxes Optimum Car Wax or Duragloss Aquawax. Easy on and easy off. Simply spray buff and you're done. However it does not last that long.

If you have more questions about product, pricing and availability feel free to contact me :)

+1 to Collinite if you want the best durability. It lasts for months!!

I use p21s in the summer just for looks though (only lasts about 1-2 weeks lol)

Nikku
03-14-2010, 05:15 PM
+1 to Collinite if you want the best durability. It lasts for months!!

I use p21s in the summer just for looks though (only lasts about 1-2 weeks lol)

I completely agree and the Collinite line up is so economical that it simply makes sense. That's what I love about them.

Below is the pricing for the Collinite products I carry and I'm local :)

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax: $16.99
Collinite 476 Doublewax: $19.99
Collinite 915 Marque Du Elegance: $35.99

Kickstartt
03-14-2010, 08:55 PM
I completely agree and the Collinite line up is so economical that it simply makes sense. That's what I love about them.

Below is the pricing for the Collinite products I carry and I'm local :)

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax: $16.99
Collinite 476 Doublewax: $19.99
Collinite 915 Marque Du Elegance: $35.99

Hey:

Where are you located? I'm interested to pick up one of the Collinite 476 doublewaxes

Thanks

drivetolive
03-15-2010, 01:29 AM
Thanks for everyones inputs! Seems like Nikku's recommendation of the Collinite wax is my best bet. Give me about a month or two to finish off my current wax bottle (not much left in it) Nikku and I'll be contacting you to come pick up the wax *wave*

The price seems pretty good too considering I think I paid somewhere between $20-$30 for this Meguiars stuff.

Nikku
03-15-2010, 10:31 AM
Whenever you're ready :)

You'll be happy with it when you do get your hands on it.

Oh another option is to sell your current wax and jump onto collinite lol.

Cheers!

propr'one
03-16-2010, 09:11 PM
P21S lasts 2 weeks? lol.

dbworld4k
03-16-2010, 09:23 PM
How does Collinite 476 or Klasse AIO/Sealant glaze compare to Zaino Z2 Sealant?

Nikku
03-17-2010, 08:20 AM
Hey:

Where are you located? I'm interested to pick up one of the Collinite 476 doublewaxes

Thanks

My shop is located in Stouffville but I'm usually at home near Bayview and Sheppard.

Nikku
03-17-2010, 08:39 AM
How does Collinite 476 or Klasse AIO/Sealant glaze compare to Zaino Z2 Sealant?

I personally find Collinite provides a very nice glow to any colour, more so on darker vehicles. For me the beading and sheeting from Collinite 476 in my opinion is better than Zaino Z2pro and for a much more affordable price. I don't like the fact for Zaino I have to use another product (Zaino ZFX) if I want to layer Z2pro on the same day.

On your silver 330ci you may also want to consider Jetseal and Optimum Opti-seal. I'm a little partial to Opti-seal for how amazing it makes metallics look and how easy it is to apply. If you want to kick it up a put a layer of Optimum Car wax on top of Opti-seal and you're golden :)

Hope that helps. Feel free to drop by and we can chat what products will help you achieve the look you are aiming for.

Cheers,
Nick

doogee
03-30-2010, 09:49 PM
I just picked up some Autoglym HD. Heard really good things about it.

3SERB
04-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I am a big fan of the Meguiars High tech Yellow Wax, I think some CT carry it and its not too expensive. I put it on two layers before the winter and it still beads like crazy! It also gives the car that really deep deep wet look.

ImolaZHP
04-02-2010, 04:03 PM
I just picked up some Autoglym HD. Heard really good things about it.

I still can't believe crappy tire actually carries a decent detailing product line now!