PDA

View Full Version : suspension - need advice

sjinto
03-23-2003, 06:41 PM
i've got a 1997 328is w/ original stock sports suspension...lately i've noticed that everytime i go over speed bump or a pothole i hear a noise coming from the rear end...i'm assuming it's my suspension / shocks considering that my car has 175k+ km's

at the same time, i'm planning to throw on my 17" rims for the summer and i know i'll have recurring thoughts of dropping my car (that space in the wheel well is just too big)...

i need some suggestions on getting some new suspension for my ride but i intend to drive it in the winters...what kind of setup will make my car drive smoother, look better and still allow for winter driving

i know it's a lot to ask, but i'm sure some of you will have some answers
thanks
sjinto*th-up*

tiestoE36
03-24-2003, 12:01 AM
if your really concerded with winter dirving get a small drop like 1" or 1.2". h&r springs have a nice selection for a moderate drop. but the knocking sound means you need new shocks. if your looking not to spend to much money then just change both rear shocks with new stock shocks, and then put in new springs all around. but for sure you need to change the rear shocks, wheather it be with stocks or after market.

thinair
03-24-2003, 03:38 AM
That noise could also be worn rear shock mounts.