PDA

View Full Version : Blisten Shock Blown, Warranty information

Shamis
03-22-2003, 09:24 PM
I have blisten shocks and spring set up and my right rear shock is blown

I hear that they are lifetime warrantied... is this true... How do i get a new one

Gamite
03-22-2003, 09:43 PM
get your recipt and take it back to the place u got em from..

Shamis
03-23-2003, 05:38 AM
I dont have the reciept for any of the mechanical shizzle on my car though so i guess im ****ed

Autotechnica
03-23-2003, 12:36 PM
I have the same problem. One of my rear Bilstein shocks only goes down half way, only problem is that I got my suspension used and the guy lost his receipt. I haven't tried calling bilstein yet to find out if anything can be done about this. However, on their website they specifically state that you must provide your receipt and tag it with a red marker that came with the package, I also do not have this.

If anyone knows of a way that I can get my replacement, please let me/us know!

Thanks,

Bry

qwk325
03-23-2003, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by Shamis
I dont have the reciept for any of the mechanical shizzle on my car though so i guess im ****ed

dude not true , i dont have my receipts and i got warranty they have a web site ill try to post when i find it u can contact them , what i did was buy a shock and send the old one back it took a couple of weeks but they fully reimbursed me , ill try to find there web site.

Autotechnica
03-23-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by qwk325
dude not true , i dont have my receipts and i got warranty they have a web site ill try to post when i find it u can contact them , what i did was buy a shock and send the old one back it took a couple of weeks but they fully reimbursed me , ill try to find there web site.

So I just send them my busted shock after buying a new one with that reciept for the new shock and they send me my money back?!

That sounds almost too good to be true. Could you please tell me the proper procedure, I want to get this done right away!

Thanks,

Bry

Shamis
03-23-2003, 06:41 PM
can u buy jsut one shock??

Autotechnica
03-24-2003, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Shamis
can u buy jsut one shock??

Yes you can, it's about $180Cdn each shock.

Bry

Shamis
03-24-2003, 03:24 PM
Hook me the place to get get one.?? P#??

Autotechnica
03-24-2003, 05:46 PM
part number for all E36 rear shocks (Bilstein Sport or SP)

B36-1526

part number for all E36 rear shocks (Bilstein Heavy Duty or HD)

B36-1525

both left and right side rear shocks have the same part number, front struts left and right are different.

Bry