PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!! Concrete stains on the trunk!!!

BMW_M52_M20
03-22-2003, 01:52 PM
I live in a townhouse and had it parked under the covered area around the back of my house. There is a patio up a above, and the bottom of it which is where the cars are under is concrete. The water has seeped through some cracks and has fallen on my car!!!! It's a very rouch surface and it still leaves a mark after I Wash it!!!!!
What can I use to get ride of this stain.

I don't have my digi at home, I don't have any pictures....Sorry.
Any help would be GREATLY appreciated since I am having a spaz attack over here!
Jay

Slowered318
03-22-2003, 01:57 PM
From what I understand concrete contains consintrated minerals that can stain your paint just like bathroom tiles. You could try a 3 step cleaner wax, or maybe CLR would work but that's kinda scrary to use on your paint.

Rolled_Out
03-22-2003, 01:59 PM
Use a VERY strong power washer, it will come out...
my friends g/f had her whole 330ci covered in splashing cement, she was stopped @ a light, and they were doing construction right beside her, cement splashed all over her car, (she didnt even notice!!!) when she went to wash it.. it didnt come out so she started crying lol...
eventually we got it out using an amazing power washer we rented from a place up here... when the cement came off, it left a bit off an off color where it was originally stuck, but we used some buffing and speical shit, and now its fine....
don't worry about it!

BMW_M52_M20
03-22-2003, 02:02 PM
I have a fairly strong power washer here at home. I'll try using that, and let me tell you, I nearly did start crying!!! LoL

The stain covers half of the entire trunk!!!!
Oh well, I see if this works and let you guys know.
Jay

Bob bimmer
03-23-2003, 06:37 PM
Het try the power washer first but I doubt that is gonna work with the concrete stain. But do not use CLR that stuff wil kill you clear coat after a few days even if you try scubbing it off. My suggestion use some varsol but add water to it so it is not as strong and that should take it right off without harming your cars paint. If none of thoese work write me back and I can find out what will get it off because I can most likely find the right stuff where I work.