PDA

View Full Version : Bizarre Wheel Problem - Anyone ??

MGYVER
03-22-2003, 12:53 PM
Hi,

So yesterday I put my stock 14" basket weaves with the 195/65 summer tires back on the car. It had the oem BMW steel rims with winter tires on before. Now here is the strange part. I went to drive the car and it pulled to the right - quite a bit. The tire pressures were fine and the car didn't pull at all with the winter tires on it. Thinking maybe it was the rim/tire I swapped it front to rear - still pulls. When I actually look at the right front tire/rim I noticed for some reason it sticks out ~2cm farther than the left side. I don't know why this would be, I don't use wheel spacers and I tried 2 different stock rims and it was the same. I don't remember if the winter tires stuck out because I never looked for it. The car is lowered 1.5" could this be camber or someother related problem?

Anyone know what's going on ?

Furious
03-22-2003, 07:41 PM
thats weird? maybe its not the tire,, did you try putting on the other rims and see if it still happens?

windsor318is
03-22-2003, 07:49 PM
go get a wheel alignment, it should fix the problem,

MGYVER
03-22-2003, 09:15 PM
Would alignment explain why the right wheel is protruding out farther than the left ?

Furious
03-22-2003, 09:57 PM
are you positive that the body is on right? (im joking) but if you honestly if you have a slightly bent wheel well or something it may look odd. but check your suspension and control arms etc. etc. maybe you did something to something (ya terrible grammer :D ) when you were changing the rims. worth a check. also make sure your wheels are balanced when or if you get an alignment job.