PDA

View Full Version : Interior Detail

Steve30
02-17-2010, 11:14 PM
What's a good product to clean the interior with specifically the steering wheel? I want to bring the colour of the M stitching back to life.

T.Dot_E30
02-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

nachos23
02-18-2010, 01:32 AM
with these products from Leatherique. Search leatherique in other threads. Amazing products for leather!! Local distribution or shipping. http://www.leatheriquecanada.com/index.html

nachos23
02-18-2010, 01:33 AM
Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

for LEATHER????? :confused::confused::moon:*thmbsdwn**uzi**no-no*

Steve30
02-18-2010, 01:48 AM
That stuff looks good but my wheel isn't faded or worn out. I did some searching and answered my own question. http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=221210 I hope mine turns out like that!

nachos23
02-18-2010, 06:43 PM
the secret of Leatherique as maintainance vs restoration, is the stuff they use in the mixtaure actually helps the leather to breathe and cleans the pores (yes, leather has pores; thats how it accumulates dirt). No dount Oxi will clean the leather, the question is whether it will damage it. My wheel and leather has 220,000km on it and looks virtually new!!. Going to redye M3 seats I installed in fall so they'll look as good as rest of leather... Look @ my original seats for sale (in FS section of course). See how good they look...and they've been sitting in my garage for 6 months.....

Steve30
02-18-2010, 07:29 PM
I understand what you mean and it does look like an excellent product but my wheel is in very good shape (no worn out areas or anything). Its just that the M stitching has lost it's vibrant colouring so that's all I wanted to restore. I probably won't even use oxiclean since I don't have any. If I had a leather interior I'd be all over that stuff, the results are very impressive.

ImolaZHP
02-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Mr. Clean Magic eraser.

this

Nikku
02-19-2010, 12:20 AM
Warm Water
Optimum Power Clean ( dilluted down )
Einszett Leatherfledge
Leatherique Rejuvenator and Prestine Clean

Tools
Leather Brush
Soft tooth Brush
Vapor Steamer

I don't have experience with Oxiclean and automotive interiors so I can't say if it's good or bad. All i can say is keep us up to date.

Good luck !

Cheers,
Nick

PhotoGuy
03-13-2010, 07:49 PM
Spray any type of diluted all purpose cleaner on the steering wheel and using a damp chamois immediately wipe the cleaner off. There should still be enough moisture on the stitching, use an air gun and blow the stitching clean. ANy excess cleaner that makes its way back onto the steering wheel just wipe it up with the chamois.