PDA

View Full Version : What is it with a 335i?

chenx15
02-15-2010, 09:36 AM
first off, i'm a first time bmw owner and i came from a family of honda accords sedan. so as you can see i am a very subtle drive I usually stay at 120-125 km/hr. Also street racing is illegal and unsafe

what is it with the bmw 335i that every single car just wants to race with it. for the first time in my life i had about 4 cars who were trying to race with me. the first one was a buick it tried and i tried i was driving at 125km/h when the buick driver went side by side with me and asked me if i wanted to give my car a test kind of look. i was trying to ignore the driver but he kept on speeding up and slowing down and stayed on my side. so i said i will give is a go. i am only driving an AT with steptronic so i was just doing manual with this guy and i was hitting 160 with no freaking effort! what the heck i barely put any weight on the pedal and i just left the buick. second was the acura that guy was just insane i think he was 200 km/h and i didn't even bother. but the prick with an infinit q45 was dick head. he cuts me off out of nowhere then he went on my side then he cuts me off again. well i was thinking i only live once so i went to steptronic placed it on third gear, then i went way pass him and beat him the traffic light exit of the allen road and he can't even look me straight in the eye when i waited for him in the traffic light.

I don't know what is it with this bimmer. and I was thinking shit it's not even an M3 and thsi car is brining out the demon in me. mind you my car is all stock and no MODS but boy everytime i push that pedal i feel like i'm going to slip through the seat with so much torque and the breakign power is just amazing from 180 km/h to 80 km/h instantaneously.

i don't know if i will drive the beast again i'm just saying it bring out the demon in me.

once again street racing is illegal but boy it was freaking fun!

Chenx

e30blue
02-15-2010, 09:48 AM
you drive a pussy magnet, other non pussy magnets get jealous. but these non pussy magnets still want to show their ability to a large lion so they too can be in the sub group of the large lions.

what I can prescribe next time,

at a light with a ass hat, and they egg you on. tell them very polietly "Hey DICK HEAD!! 300HP I DONT EVEN WANT TO WASTE MY TIME WITH YOUR CRAP INFINITI" then proceed to blow his doors off. so your victim will then go home to his wife sad, and you go home with testosterone bulging down your veins and need a female release.

but if you so happen to get spanked by, WRX STI, EVO 10, S52 turbo E30, HPF M3 many more.

your no longer a lion but a shaved sheep.

"welcome to the jungle"

Kickstartt
02-15-2010, 11:09 AM
you drive a pussy magnet, other non pussy magnets get jealous. but these non pussy magnets still want to show their ability to a large lion so they too can be in the sub group of the large lions.

at a light with a ass hat, and they egg you on. tell them very polietly "Hey DICK HEAD!! 300HP I DONT EVEN WANT TO WASTE MY TIME WITH YOUR CRAP INFINITI" then proceed to blow his doors off. so your victim will then go home to his wife sad, and you go home with testosterone bulging down your veins and need a female release.

but if you so happen to get spanked by, WRX STI, EVO 10, S52 turbo E30, HPF M3 many more.

"welcome to the jungle"

lol

lvan
02-15-2010, 11:20 AM
hhahahaa

How about "clitoris magnet" hehehe

chenx15
02-15-2010, 11:38 AM

"welcome to the jungle"

Nice reply! i was actually thinking imagine if i had an M3 people will just try to get pass me all the time. it's just amazing how effortless it is for a 335i to jump an extra 60km/h. i think i'm going up to an M3 next time. then again i really want to avoid this. too crazy for me. but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

dbworld4k
02-15-2010, 12:05 PM
The 335s are deceptively quick! There have been countless occasions where I'm driving and *think* I'm doing a smooth 120km/h, only to look down at the cluster and see readings in excess of 140. These cars are so quiet and smooth at high speed that the sensation of speed is pretty much numb. Damn it, I need boost :(

BellaSignora
02-15-2010, 12:43 PM
Lol.... I'm killing myself at the 'pussy magnet' label attached to my black beast...

But i do understand how everyone else out there with a poorly equipped 'pussy magnet' wants to race. What I love is when dudes roll up on me at a light.. sorry i mean fly up at me at the light... and see i'm a chick. Its great handing their asses to them and see them slink away.

I no where condone street racing. But I have to be honest and admit I have a very heavy Italian lead foot. (My father has a 97 Mustang GT) Over the years of being a passenger in what ever tuned up sports car he had I've seen over and over again, cars that had no business competing, trying to race him.

My pet peeve is the Grand Am/Grand Prix... they are always lurking about thinking they are the fastest thing on the road....

I can't wait for the nice weather, i'm so excited to take my baby to the track.

Ceeker
02-15-2010, 12:53 PM
I test drove a few 335's at the privilege of my bmw tech buddy who was PDI'ing the cars.
I got the paddle shift version. We took off the traction control for some donuts and had a bit of fun trying not to get carried away. The acceleration was creepy. It sneaks up on you an before you know it - like said above- you're doing 160km. A twin turbo says it all. anyone who goes up against a 335i or M is sure to lose unless it is something exotic or modified. their macho ego's just can't bare the idea you have it and they simply can't afford one. They are jealous and envious you have a clit magnet. lol

chenx15
02-15-2010, 12:56 PM
The 335s are deceptively quick! There have been countless occasions where I'm driving and *think* I'm doing a smooth 120km/h, only to look down at the cluster and see readings in excess of 140. These cars are so quiet and smooth at high speed that the sensation of speed is pretty much numb. Damn it, I need boost :(

you are absolutely correct my friend. the main problem with this beast is that my neck gets sore because i'm always looking at the speedometer just to make sure i'm not over 140. i check my speed more than my mirrors:D. damn you BMW what have you done to me??? also it was a two hours drive and when i got out it felt like i just got up from a good night sleep. those twin turbos when they kick in just pure awesome!

chenx15
02-15-2010, 12:57 PM
Lol.... I'm killing myself at the 'pussy magnet' label attached to my black beast...

But i do understand how everyone else out there with a poorly equipped 'pussy magnet' wants to race. What I love is when dudes roll up on me at a light.. sorry i mean fly up at me at the light... and see i'm a chick. Its great handing their asses to them and see them slink away.

I no where condone street racing. But I have to be honest and admit I have a very heavy Italian lead foot. (My father has a 97 Mustang GT) Over the years of being a passenger in what ever tuned up sports car he had I've seen over and over again, cars that had no business competing, trying to race him.

My pet peeve is the Grand Am/Grand Prix... they are always lurking about thinking they are the fastest thing on the road....

i've never been to a track before. would you mind telling me where is a good track to put my car to the limit. also i'm thinking of getting those Bmw driving lessons. i think they will be awesome

chenx15
02-15-2010, 01:01 PM
I'm actually excited to see an S4 and give it a true test. because when i was looking for a german luxury sports car i was torn between the two. but the world car/engine of the year is very hard to resist

Bullet Ride
02-15-2010, 01:46 PM
I no where condone street racing. But I have to be honest and admit I have a very heavy Italian lead foot.

Don't you mean very heavy Italian concrete shoes :rolleyes:
It's always good to give your car an Italian work out. I do it every time I drive my car, and not just because I'm Italian, because it's good for the car:P

i've never been to a track before. would you mind telling me where is a good track to put my car to the limit. also i'm thinking of getting those Bmw driving lessons. i think they will be awesome

Cayuga: http://www.torontomotorsportspark.com/raceway/index.html?p=flash
Mosport: http://www.mosport.com/home/home.asp

Keep an eye out on the track junkies section of the forum. Information will be posted there on track days and driving schools.

Ceeker
02-15-2010, 01:49 PM
Nice reply! i was actually thinking imagine if i had an M3 people will just try to get pass me all the time. it's just amazing how effortless it is for a 335i to jump an extra 60km/h. i think i'm going up to an M3 next time. then again i really want to avoid this. too crazy for me. but absolute power corrupts absolutely.

you can even go online and download a software update for about 2g's and pump your hp to well over 400 ponies. :-) don't ask me as I don't know where or how to acquire this. My bmw tech peeps told me about it. bit cheaper then buying an M car.

BellaSignora
02-15-2010, 03:26 PM
For $2000 there is alot of things that cAn be done to boost hp, the cheapest I believe being a cold air intake kit. The best advice i got when I bought my beast was to get used to what she could do and how she drives before tuning it. So far it's been incredible, I love the way she feels in d/s on the highway, creepy is not the word for how easily I can accelerate from 140 to 180 without even pushin hard. It's simply the best thing I've driven, and I spent the summer test driving every top luxury car, from Audi to Mercedes, nothing comes close to how the 335i feels or performs. She's worth every penny I spent on her. I used to think of getting an m3 but after learning that a tuned and dyno'ed 335 can get more hp why pay an extra 30 grand?

Look under the track sections as I'm still a newbie and am still new to the track stuff.

dbworld4k
02-15-2010, 04:07 PM
I love Cayuga. Been there a few times last summer. It's a very safe track (except the last corner/straight which has a concrete wall running along-side) with plenty of run-off room should you decide to challenge the laws of physics :P I find it is quite testy on your brakes/tires though with all the tight corners...My pet peeve is the Grand Am/Grand Prix... they are always lurking about thinking they are the fastest thing on the road..

YES! I cannot count how many times those stupid ass cars have tried to get things going with me, too. Especially the two-door versions with dual/quad exhausts. Drives me insane.

MPackage
02-15-2010, 09:38 PM
what year is your 335i?

MPackage
02-15-2010, 09:42 PM
Hi there what year is your 335i?

first off, i'm a first time bmw owner and i came from a family of honda accords sedan. so as you can see i am a very subtle drive I usually stay at 120-125 km/hr. Also street racing is illegal and unsafe

what is it with the bmw 335i that every single car just wants to race with it. for the first time in my life i had about 4 cars who were trying to race with me. the first one was a buick it tried and i tried i was driving at 125km/h when the buick driver went side by side with me and asked me if i wanted to give my car a test kind of look. i was trying to ignore the driver but he kept on speeding up and slowing down and stayed on my side. so i said i will give is a go. i am only driving an AT with steptronic so i was just doing manual with this guy and i was hitting 160 with no freaking effort! what the heck i barely put any weight on the pedal and i just left the buick. second was the acura that guy was just insane i think he was 200 km/h and i didn't even bother. but the prick with an infinit q45 was dick head. he cuts me off out of nowhere then he went on my side then he cuts me off again. well i was thinking i only live once so i went to steptronic placed it on third gear, then i went way pass him and beat him the traffic light exit of the allen road and he can't even look me straight in the eye when i waited for him in the traffic light.

I don't know what is it with this bimmer. and I was thinking shit it's not even an M3 and thsi car is brining out the demon in me. mind you my car is all stock and no MODS but boy everytime i push that pedal i feel like i'm going to slip through the seat with so much torque and the breakign power is just amazing from 180 km/h to 80 km/h instantaneously.

i don't know if i will drive the beast again i'm just saying it bring out the demon in me.

once again street racing is illegal but boy it was freaking fun!

Chenx

BellaSignora
02-15-2010, 10:37 PM
My 335i is a 2007. Right now she's got just over 80K but i picked her up from Town and Country BMW with a certified series warranty. I paid 40K Cash on a great deal from their Sales Manager Marko... The whole experience was terrific. I don't think i'll ever go anywhere else now, i'm a bimmerchik for life.

chenx15
02-16-2010, 12:42 AM
Hi there what year is your 335i?

hello. mine is 2009 just picked it up last month. end of year promo from parkview

MPackage
02-16-2010, 10:29 AM
hey thanks guys I am in the market for a 335i and just getting feedback on these cars the one I am looking at is a 2007 335i with sports package and paddle shifters...it comes with 3-4 years BMW warranty..is there anything I should look out for the car has 52KM and the dealer is asking $33,000 plus taxes. This is a one owner car...the car is black on black steptronic/automatic, no Navi.

chenx15
02-16-2010, 10:31 AM
hey thanks guys I am in the market for a 335i and just getting feedback on these cars the one I am looking at is a 2007 335i with sports package and paddle shifters...

you can't go wrong with the 335i. make sure you check the HPFP history

MPackage
02-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Im sorry Im kinda of new to this what is a HPFP? Is that like carfax or the history of the car..The dealer told me its a canadian 335i with one owner..is the price reasonable?

you can't go wrong with the 335i. make sure you check the HPFP history

chenx15
02-16-2010, 10:41 AM
You will also love this car the most on corners it's almost defying the laws of physics. it's just awesome the way it slingshots from a tight corner going to a straight line. merging in the hwy is the most fun!!! My friend made the best comment about my 335i when we were driving by saying. Wow! you can hear and feel the cars power just waiting to explode. Even as a passenger he said he can feel that the car is asking to be pushed more and that driving at 130 km/h is like asking Usain bolt join a walkathon instead. power gets addictive though. paddle shifters are ok. you'll end up using the steptronic anyway in traffic lights.

also pretty awesome is when coming from a stop sign and merging into traffic or just crossing a four lane street.

Just pure amazing

e30blue
02-16-2010, 10:45 AM
man I dont know what it is, majourity of the time I do see a 335 the owners/drivers are always giving it the beans, and id just think its the owners... but now i think its the car that transforms the owner

chenx15
02-16-2010, 10:46 AM
Im sorry Im kinda of new to this what is a HPFP? Is that like carfax or the history of the car..The dealer told me its a canadian 335i with one owner..is the price reasonable?

The High Pressure fuel pump is one of the main weakness of the car. This is one thing you have to anticipate with the 335i sadly no matter how amazing it is. it has this one weakness. there is a new version enging coming out and it's called N55 the current one is N54. anyway the symptoms are limp mode and lost of power. but it seems more prevalent in US compared to Canada and Europe but it still happens.

as for the price we need to know how many Kilometers.

chenx15
02-16-2010, 10:53 AM
man I dont know what it is, majourity of the time I do see a 335 the owners/drivers are always giving it the beans, and id just think its the owners... but now i think its the car that transforms the owner

When i was driving my accord in the hwy i stayed at 115 to 125 the most and i was thinking to myself keep it safe and keep it neutral we will still get there. now that i have the 335i i'm always thinking i'm wondering if i can push it harder and if there are any cops around. and boy i keep looking for those sharp merging corners in the highway because before with my accord i always go past the white guiding lines. with my bimmer i always edge the line and stay with it on top speed. i will go to the track and enjoy more in a more controled environment.

MPackage
02-16-2010, 10:56 AM
It's a 2007 335i black black has 52,000km on it with one owner. The High Pressure fuel pump cant it be replaced by BMW under warranty?

The High Pressure fuel pump is one of the main weakness of the car. This is one thing you have to anticipate with the 335i sadly no matter how amazing it is. it has this one weakness. there is a new version enging coming out and it's called N55 the current one is N54. anyway the symptoms are limp mode and lost of power. but it seems more prevalent in US compared to Canada and Europe but it still happens.

as for the price we need to know how many Kilometers.

chenx15
02-16-2010, 11:04 AM
It's a 2007 335i black black has 52,000km on it with one owner. The High Pressure fuel pump cant it be replaced by BMW under warranty?

Yes it will be replaced under warranty. Just want to give you a heads up. 52,000 km is kind of high. how much is he offering you for it? make sure the CPO warranty covers the pump. you know there is a 335d that has more torque and some people claim has no HPFP issue.

MPackage
02-16-2010, 11:55 AM
CPO stands for? See thats the thing I can not find a 335i with less KM if I do I do not want to pay $40 or more for it. Plus the previous owner babied his 335i from what I can see. HPFP issue is that with all year and makes of 335i? Another thing do all 335i come witha Twin Tubro engine?

Yes it will be replaced under warranty. Just want to give you a heads up. 52,000 km is kind of high. how much is he offering you for it? make sure the CPO warranty covers the pump. you know there is a 335d that has more torque and some people claim has no HPFP issue.

chenx15
02-16-2010, 12:41 PM
CPO stands for? See thats the thing I can not find a 335i with less KM if I do I do not want to pay $40 or more for it. Plus the previous owner babied his 335i from what I can see. HPFP issue is that with all year and makes of 335i?

CPO =certified preowned since you are getting it from a dealer chances are it will be there iwll be extra coverage basically. hpfp affects every year model.

MPackage
02-16-2010, 12:43 PM
ok cool thanks...Another thing do all 335i come with a Twin Tubro engine?

CPO =certified preowned since you are getting it from a dealer chances are it will be there iwll be extra coverage basically. hpfp affects every year model.

propr'one
02-16-2010, 01:36 PM
^^yes, all 335's up to 2010 will come with the N54 TT engine.

Not buying a 335 because of the fuel pump is like not buying a condo cause you dont like the paint. It costs 500$ to fix this, once, and you'll never worry about it again. And that's IF it ever becomes an issue, which it might all the well not.

MPackage
02-16-2010, 01:59 PM
So is 52km on a 2007 335i reasonable? The dealer is offering $33,000 before taxes...I am trying to make him go down on the price he already dropped it $800.00

^^yes, all 335's up to 2010 will come with the N54 TT engine.

Not buying a 335 because of the fuel pump is like not buying a condo cause you dont like the paint. It costs 500$ to fix this, once, and you'll never worry about it again. And that's IF it ever becomes an issue, which it might all the well not.

Italia311
02-16-2010, 04:48 PM
The 323 has never been challenged!!! hahah :P The girls still like it though, I know my gf does... :P

BellaSignora
03-05-2010, 02:38 PM
The price you are looking at is very reasonable. I picked up my 2007 335i sedan in November for $40K including taxes. I talked the Sales Manager down from $37 000. to about $34 500 without managing to insult him. It had 59 000km but it was in pristine condition. And loaded!

I learned that they actually paid 39K for it when they bought it from Bmw Lease returns. So even though the dealer has offered $800 off I suspect that they could still come down in price.

One thing I also learned while searching for my perfect bimmer was that the more of that particular model they have per dealership the more anxious to get rid of their stock... For example, before buying at town and country I went to durham bmw to check out their inventory. They still had 7(!) 328 coupes in stock all around 39 000. They offered me a few at an reduced price of $36+ but I knew that I really wanted a 335. They sales manager had the nerve to ask me why i needed 70more hp!!!!! Lol... I don't think he realized i wasn't looking for a car with just a pretty face.

When it all came down to it, my first bmw purchase was great. I probably will never own anything else. I don't regret buying it already certified through BMW, the peace of mind that extra warranty brings is worth the extra bucks. I'm now over the 80k mark as my 335 is a daily driver. But what a daily driver. I am frequently commuting to the city and enjoy every minute i spend behind the wheel.

chenx15
03-05-2010, 05:47 PM
its funny how they tried to push the 328 down my throat as well not that he 328 is not amazing. i was just looking for something with more kick.

ctgazer
03-05-2010, 11:03 PM
the hpfp is warrantied by bmw for 10 years after numerous failures

slemmer
03-06-2010, 01:10 AM
There you go - peace of mind motoring.

chenx15
03-06-2010, 10:16 AM
is that including canada?

MPackage
03-07-2010, 02:19 PM
Hi Bella,

Thank you for your feedback, yes I am still thinking about the price, I just need the dealer to go a little lower, the 335i is like urs its Saphaire Black and 2007 with a sports package without navi. I might wait a bit longer to see more will come on the market scene since spring is just around the corner.

The price you are looking at is very reasonable. I picked up my 2007 335i sedan in November for $40K including taxes. I talked the Sales Manager down from $37 000. to about $34 500 without managing to insult him. It had 59 000km but it was in pristine condition. And loaded!

I learned that they actually paid 39K for it when they bought it from Bmw Lease returns. So even though the dealer has offered $800 off I suspect that they could still come down in price.

One thing I also learned while searching for my perfect bimmer was that the more of that particular model they have per dealership the more anxious to get rid of their stock... For example, before buying at town and country I went to durham bmw to check out their inventory. They still had 7(!) 328 coupes in stock all around 39 000. They offered me a few at an reduced price of $36+ but I knew that I really wanted a 335. They sales manager had the nerve to ask me why i needed 70more hp!!!!! Lol... I don't think he realized i wasn't looking for a car with just a pretty face.

When it all came down to it, my first bmw purchase was great. I probably will never own anything else. I don't regret buying it already certified through BMW, the peace of mind that extra warranty brings is worth the extra bucks. I'm now over the 80k mark as my 335 is a daily driver. But what a daily driver. I am frequently commuting to the city and enjoy every minute i spend behind the wheel.

E36Bimmer
03-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Hey MPackage. did you end up buying the 335? That sounds like a very good price for an '07 w/nav etc. What dealer(s) did you go to?

I too am in the market for a 335i coupe auto with sport & prem & maybe nav. Most CPO are hight 30's to low 40's and other dealers mid 30's with low km's (<50K).

MPackage
04-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Hey sorry i did not see this, but the 335i sports package black Sapphire automatic without navi with 52km is from trader.ca went to see it more then once but not sure if I am ready to pay $38 for the car...I found a 330i 2006 white on beige but missed out on that and I still feel bad to this day it was a sweet ride was ready to buy it but the dealer sold it the day i was supposed to go see it..it had only 60km on it...I am now trying to find the guy or girl who bought it from Platinum Cars in Thornhill it was a sweet ride I can post the pix if anyone knows I am willing to offer him or her $1,000 more then what they paid for...that is how bad I want that car...i'm crazy like that...if anyone knows who bought this car please let me know if they are willing to sell it to me thanks! I know this is a long shot but it would mean alot to me if anyone sees this car around I am ready with cash if they want to sell it and for the person who finds it I will give them additional $500 if they can get the persons number only if they are willing to sell the car.

I know its a long shot but if anyone could help that would mean alot to me plus they will get paid if they can convince the new owner to sell his/her car

Thanks

Hey MPackage. did you end up buying the 335? That sounds like a very good price for an '07 w/nav etc. What dealer(s) did you go to?

I too am in the market for a 335i coupe auto with sport & prem & maybe nav. Most CPO are hight 30's to low 40's and other dealers mid 30's with low km's (<50K).

BellaSignora
04-05-2010, 11:10 PM
My 335i makes me smile..

MPackage
04-06-2010, 11:52 AM
Bella,

335i would make me smile also if I was in it =oP

My 335i makes me smile..