PDA

View Full Version : Request Advice: Insurance should I by back

DbIiRrTdY
02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
All -

I have a 1997 m3 estoril blue that was in an accident with 116 on the clock. The front end is ruined and required new rad support - essentially the car is a write off. The insurance company is saying it will be 2 K to buy back the car and if I fix it it will have a rebuilt status after it completes an inspection.

Should I buy it back - can I make money on this buy selling it to a garage where they can use it for parts?

What would you do?

VS

MiroE36
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
that's a call you will have to make,

what did insurance settle with you for?

Take your money pulled out from insurance, less the 2K buy-back option, less the costs to repair and inspect the vehicle and see if it's worth while, also, considering how much you got from the insurance, could you buy another M3 just as good as yours?

As far as selling the wreck, talk to the sponsors on here, maybe one of them would be interested???

Eurotakeover
02-08-2010, 01:20 PM
I would buy it back if you plan on keeping it forever like I do..

E30 Girl
02-08-2010, 01:31 PM
If you are planning on fixing it and selling it don't bother you wont be able to get that much for it with a salvage title. If you are going to part it out yourself I would go for it you can make a lot of money that way. I did that with my E30 three years ago and made about $4000 total. It's a bit of a pain but if you have the time and patience worth the payout.

tg07lq
02-08-2010, 02:00 PM
depending how bad i might be willing to buy it off you damaged. depends what it needs got pics? pm me if you want to discuss it further

Dysantic
02-08-2010, 02:41 PM
I would buy it back if you plan on keeping it forever like I do..

I can understand if you want to keep it forever if it is in good shape and running. If it has been wrecked I'm not sure how much use you could have for it. lol

To get on track. If you have the space and the time to part it out, depending on what options it had I'm sure you could get a good amount. Things like vaders and the headliner can go for a half decent amount if your car came with them.

v_bimmer
02-08-2010, 03:09 PM
estoril m3 with low k?? i would defenatly buy it back, and part it out!!