PDA

View Full Version : My father's post surgery present.

El Gato Liso
02-07-2010, 06:19 PM
My dad is having his prostate removed (cancer...) and is extremely bummed out about it. Also at the fact that the E90 is just going to be sitting for a several months.

He is always talking about getting rims for the car but says he doubt he will be able when he recovers.

Recovery time is ~3 months...just in time for spring!

Crazy idea I had was buy him a set of rims so he has something to look forward too and be happy about (also motivation to get better faster :p )

Anyway point of thread....
I know nothing about E90 wheels/rims, so just wondering what rim options I have! AFAIK, he's been looking into M3 rims or something spoked out (or 5 spoke at least).
its a daily driver, 18" would be nice...or 19"s...non staggered setup as my dad won't be into all the offset this and spacer that etc.

replica's would be ideal ($$$)

Please shoot some suggestions!
THANKS!!!

-Rob

tg07lq
02-07-2010, 07:37 PM
id try and con him into picking them out haha. find a way to have him choose the rims. a girl in my seminar just bought rims ofr her bf to put on his cavalier and theyre the DUB huge parachute style rims. look terrible, but whats he going to tell her haha?

are you considering real m3 rims or reps?
i know a guy on here has some m5 reps for sale. what dia rim are you looking to get into? staggered? is the car just a daily or does it see track now and again? what kind of tires do you want to use?

Stephanie
02-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Sorry to hear! My prayers go out to you and your family... Always a difficult, bummy time... Both of my parents went through a form of cancer, but are totally okay now :)

Talk to Allen at SimplyTire, he'll totally be able to help you out *th-up*

ImolaZHP
02-08-2010, 03:00 PM
try searching on e90post for some used sets

El Gato Liso
02-19-2010, 02:48 AM
well the surgery is over. i took my dad for a walk around the floor hes on. 1 day after surgery and hes walking again :)

he still didnt look too happy and all, so i had to spill the beans and tell him hes getting rims for his bmw...

"what? why? you dont have money for that....why would you do that when you have plans for your bmw????" of course i tell him because i want you to have something to look forward too after recovery. still my dad was like why no no ....pause....2 seconds after....."what size rims??" i laughed lol!

but yea thanks for the suggestions folks.
ill check out simplsy tires. most e90post are in the US...that will be last resort trying to keep it local.

aiming for best fit on stock height! i have yet to see lowering springs that arent bmw for the e90. my dad frowned upon 19 inches...

are your wheels 19 inches or 18 on your e92, stephanie?

dbworld4k
02-19-2010, 10:15 AM
"No no... what size rims?" LOL! Priceless. That's a great thing you're doing man. Speak to Allen at Simply, he'll get you a great deal on some 19 VMR CSL/V710/etc etc. E90Post's CDN section has some stuff available you might want to check out: http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=300

Steph's are VMR V710 in 19x8.5F and 19x9.5R if I remember.

slemmer
02-19-2010, 11:56 AM
What a nice son. My kids are still in the "take from dad (parents) as much as you can" mode.