PDA

View Full Version : caa tow

noid
02-05-2010, 11:29 PM
i have caa plus and im getting a car towed tomorrow, the caa membership is under my dads name (which is the same last name as me obviously) does he need to be present (would be of great hassle) or can i just bring the card and request the tow?

tg07lq
02-05-2010, 11:59 PM
hed need to be there incase the guy asks for photo id (did it to me, i was the member though)
the car also needs valid plates and insurance. this cost me one of my 6 calls grr

Dado 540
02-06-2010, 12:03 AM
Your dad will have to be present. He is covered in any vehicle as long as he is there

elroy
02-06-2010, 12:07 AM
technically hes supposed to be there, but i've had my car towed without my dad present. And im not on the account.

Dr. Flyview
02-06-2010, 02:04 AM
Yea I've had mine towed under my dad's a few times and even gave one to my friend once...Usually the tow truck drivers don't care. The last guy asked me who Doru is, i'm like, it's me, with a straight face, and that was that hahaha...they might be cracking down on it I don't know.

Another BM
02-08-2010, 07:51 AM
they never seem to ask me for my ID....

E30 Girl
02-08-2010, 08:13 AM
I have never been asked for ID either and if you get a good driver you don't even need valid stickers they don't really look...LOL

tg07lq
02-08-2010, 09:48 AM
it might have been part of my shitty week (blew 2 rear ends while on my temp window sticker in the blazer) i got id'd and didnt have any, and then he wouldnt tow it casue he could validate the plates cause they werent a real plate with sticker.
could have been isolated incident.

davericher20
02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
to save time, make sure the stickers are up to date.

I have Caa plus, and my girlfriends dad was broken down in brampton once, he wasn't on the account but I was allowed to use one of my free tows to get him home....

BUt yes, you have to be there for the driver.

Some drivers don't give a shit though........but some do. Try it and see.

woofster
02-08-2010, 01:27 PM
My experience has also been pretty lax. You're technically supposed to have the actual CAA member present but most tow truck drivers do not check. They typically just scan your card and away you go. One time, during a crazy huge snowstorm, the CAA driver didn't even bother asking to see my card. He knew that we were completely screwed, so either way, he probably would've helped us out anyway! Great guy, overall. :cool:

Stephanie
02-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Technically they ask for the cardholder to be present... But they have never even asked to see the card let alone any additional ID...

hockeyfan27
02-08-2010, 02:33 PM
I've been asked to show my member card, but never ID.
It all comes down to the driver. I've towed cars with no plates, expired plates, with no issue.

propr'one
02-08-2010, 02:55 PM
I've never been asked for ID. I just throw any plate on the car (out of state plates seem to be best, i once had someone ask if the plate was registered, so i just lied and said yes)

Dr. Flyview
02-08-2010, 03:06 PM
Technically they ask for the cardholder to be present... But they have never even asked to see the card let alone any additional ID...

Same...