PDA

View Full Version : Maranello BMW (another rant)

drivetolive
02-03-2010, 11:14 PM
So here's my story:

Several months ago (I think July), go to Maranello for a noise coming from my engine. It was still under CPO. They told me it was a defective DISA valve, wasn't covered under CPO and gave me a ~$500 quote to replace it. After telling the mechanic, head mechanic, service advisor, assistant manager and hell even the actual manager that I don't think it's the DISA valve b/c i'm not experiencing any of the normal symptoms, they insisted otherwise and I left not a happy customer (again, they've always treated me like shit).

So a couple of weeks ago, i'm at RMP for an oil change and I told Rocco to check my DISA valve. It took him not even a minute to realize Maranello is full of it and that it was really clutch fan. Replaced it, noise went away.

Now funny thing is, the fan clutch was covered under the CPO (which ended in November).

I tell Maranello and they told me they can't do anything and won't compensate me for my losses. All they did was credit (not even cash those a-holes) me my $60 for diagnosing the problem. I asked the service advisor assistant manager I needed a coolant flush and whether he would cover it fully instead of just a $60 credit, even to that he said no.

Do I have anything going here? Do you guys/girls think if I contact BMW Canada they'll do something? Who do I talk to? Is my problem a dead-end cause?

Basically I'm trying to get reimbursed for my fan clutch replacement since they diagnoised a problem wrong which wasn't covered under warranty when really the actual problem was covered under warranty.

P.S. - Maranello's shit, they treat you like royalty when you buy the car...but when it comes to service and they've got your money, they tell you go F yourself. *mumble*

europrince
02-03-2010, 11:17 PM
You should have gone to another dealership for a second opinion on the CPO repair. I'd let it go as a learning experience. You're not getting anything from BMW Canada.

hustler
02-03-2010, 11:21 PM
I would try contacting BMW Canada anyway, 5 minutes on the phone can't hurt.

dble Trouble
02-03-2010, 11:22 PM
^^as much as I hate to say it ditto to what Europrince said.^^

Next time take it to Durham BMW or Town and Country. I've always been treated like royalty at those two dealerships and I drive an e30!!!!

aaron320i
02-03-2010, 11:25 PM
this is so typical in a dealer. another example is a ford freestyle. Sorry for going off topic, but I diagnosed the car for the traction control pump in the rear diff. The customer went to the dealer, and they insisted it was just as sensor.$700, they replaced it. Called him 2 hours saying that it didnt fix the problem and needed to change the pump and the module. grand total of 3500. He finally realized I was right, came back to me and started complaining that he got ripped off and had me change the whole diff for 800. Rebuilt and everything.

Besides all of what I said. Dealers do this to people. Trying to make extra money and then they all have the balls to treat their customers like shit. Stick to RMP or find yourself an honest mechanic, even though bmw has warrenty, rarely are you ever in the postion to claim for it. IN their eyes

drivetolive
02-04-2010, 12:37 AM
Yup definitly learned from my mistakes...plus I have heard nothing but positive reviews from places like T&C and Open Road BMW.

It's hard to believe how retarded some of these dealerships are. I've even called BMW Canada before for a compliant and got nothing but attitude from the person on the other side. Guess it won't hurt to call again I guess.

And ya i'm definitly gonna be sticking with RMP now that my CPO (warranty my :moon:) is done.

It's amazing how ignorant and arrogant some of the people are at Maranello...and when a dealer tries pulling shit like that off, i'm definitly gonna let the public know of it *uzi* .

Steve30
02-04-2010, 12:48 AM
Town + Country is definitely one of the better dealerships I've been to.

Yup definitly learned from my mistakes...plus I have heard nothing but positive reviews from places like T&C and Open Road BMW.

It's hard to believe how retarded some of these dealerships are. I've even called BMW Canada before for a compliant and got nothing but attitude from the person on the other side. Guess it won't hurt to call again I guess.

And ya i'm definitly gonna be sticking with RMP now that my CPO (warranty my :moon:) is done.

It's amazing how ignorant and arrogant some of the people are at Maranello...and when a dealer tries pulling shit like that off, i'm definitly gonna let the public know of it *uzi* .

lvan
02-04-2010, 01:33 AM
Yeah the T+C BMW a lil lifestyle store, there is one hot chick in there. Everytime I seat in the waiting section, she looks over. Very nice massageable package.

Sickbimmer
02-04-2010, 06:23 AM
I've had the same problems with Maranello's shit service. Make the call. It hurts the dealer when BMW Canada looks into it.

FWIW, They told me that my replace tail lights light would stay on forever because my car (2002 M2) didn't come with them.

Ceeker
02-04-2010, 07:38 AM
I would try contacting BMW Canada anyway, 5 minutes on the phone can't hurt.

BMW Canada is NOT affiliated with the goings on with dealerships. they are independent and will simply wash their hands of any incident unless they are directly involved. :-)

tominizer
02-04-2010, 08:18 AM
So far good service via Mini Vaughan West............. but we use to use Maranello for our X5 and 328i. We bought our 328i from them as a certified series car......... they forgot to disclose it had been in a front ender for the tune of $30K plus in damages. Real honest bunch of Wops workin that joint...............

Blades
02-04-2010, 10:27 AM
they forgot to disclose it had been in a front ender for the tune of $30K plus in damages. Real honest bunch of Wops workin that joint...............

Umm isn't that illegal .. cant you go report that to the DVM or something?

W2WDETAILING
02-04-2010, 10:42 AM
So far good service via Mini Vaughan West............. but we use to use Maranello for our X5 and 328i. We bought our 328i from them as a certified series car......... they forgot to disclose it had been in a front ender for the tune of $30K plus in damages. Real honest bunch of Wops workin that joint...............

That is bullshit I would of definetly got BMW Canada involved. It's illiegal now but probl not when you purchased the car. But they still can't do that shit!

drivetolive
02-04-2010, 11:12 AM
I heard/thought all CPO cars are accident free...or cars which were only in minor accidents. $30k is pretty effed up if you ask me. Did you ever go back and complain?

It's amazing how such a dump could still be getting as much business as they do...all those letters of recommendation in the lounge must be fake lol.

parm
02-04-2010, 11:29 AM
Parkview Has hot chicks!

dbworld4k
02-04-2010, 11:30 AM
Everytime I seat in the waiting section, she looks over. Very nice massageable package.
She wants you to PIITB.

sski
02-04-2010, 12:06 PM
I bought my CPO X3 at Maranello. One warranty issue that they covered no problem. Did my inspection II there (cause I'm still under warrenty), they gave me a car for the day (Enterprise) no charge. Mind you, the inspection was $1200.00 so I guess I probably did pay for the rental.

I did stop by T&C (I work out there) before I bought the X3. My experience...quite a few Asian sales reps, which probabaly makes some sense...large Asian community...I'm white, they didn't even look up from their desks...I ended up just walking out. The worst was Don Valley North Toyota...bunch of asian sales guys just standing around talking. I finally had to interupt them and say "Could I get some help". They just kinda looked at me until one of finally decided he had drawn the short straw and would talk to me. Ironically...my sales rep at Maranello was Asian, no issues, great guy, but he's not working in mainly Asian area...???

Having said all this, I do find T&C tend to have the better pricing on CPO vehicles...Maranello tend to have the worst. Do a search on BMW.ca then sort by price...T&C will usually always have something on page one...the first Maranello vehicle that shows up is way down on page 7. I will be due to replace my DD shortly with a 3 series CPO. Not sure where I will end up shopping.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-04-2010, 01:18 PM
The first thing wrong, was not taking it to another dealership (maybe one owned by the same owner - Mississauga BMW/Maranello BMW or any other, but the credibility of the BMW dealer is key). If one dealer can diagnose it, and not the other....you would be credited for the work more likely than taking it to an independent shop with such a time difference you had. If you couldnt make the time right away, or within your warranty period your SOL as with comparing needed work - a big gap in time, is a big door for warranty not to be covering it due to liability of another occurring problem.

I just went through this whole thing with Honda Canada for my moms car, and I used to work at a dealer.

E30 Girl
02-04-2010, 01:37 PM
Umm isn't that illegal .. cant you go report that to the DVM or something?

Yes this is illegal and there is a place to report it...OMVIC. This is the governing body for the opperation of any Dealership or small sales lot. I would definetly give them a call you might get some major compensation.

drivetolive
02-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Just got off the phone with BMW Canada. Surprisngly the person I talked to was actually nice lol.

He was straight up about it and told me basically they can't do anything since I had the problem fixed at an independent shop. He said it would have been a different story if you had gone back to Maranello and told them.

I understood what he was saying, which is why I'm not pist they can't do anything. I admit it is my fault for not going back or getting a second opinion. But hey, you learn from your mistakes right?

Just pist at the shady, half-ass work that goes on at Maranello. I mean it's not hard to diagnose a DISA valve (espically for "trained" BMW techs). You'd also think they'd treat you a little better since the car was purchased from that dealer and all the service was done there on top of that.

drivetolive
02-04-2010, 02:05 PM
Yes this is illegal and there is a place to report it...OMVIC. This is the governing body for the opperation of any Dealership or small sales lot. I would definetly give them a call you might get some major compensation.

Didn't that law of full disclosure just get passed several weeks ago? If so than you might be out of luck i'm guessing? Still worth a try, I'd personally give them hell for that regardless of whether what they did was legal or not.

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

E30 Girl
02-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Didn't that law of full disclosure just get passed several weeks ago? If so than you might be out of luck i'm guessing? Still worth a try, I'd personally give them hell for that regardless of whether what they did was legal or not.

Good luck with it, let us know how it goes.

When you sell cars you have to get a licence from OMVIC and pass a test and one of the rules is full disclosure. If anyone has any questions I hold an OMVIC sales licence and also work in the service dept of a dealership.

Dado 540
02-04-2010, 05:14 PM
Dealerships Assholes at Maranello are only nice to people with 2009/2010 cars.

Mystikal
02-04-2010, 06:11 PM
I did stop by T&C (I work out there) before I bought the X3. My experience...quite a few Asian sales reps, which probabaly makes some sense...large Asian community...I'm white, they didn't even look up from their desks...I ended up just walking out. The worst was Don Valley North Toyota...bunch of asian sales guys just standing around talking. I finally had to interupt them and say "Could I get some help". They just kinda looked at me until one of finally decided he had drawn the short straw and would talk to me. Ironically...my sales rep at Maranello was Asian, no issues, great guy, but he's not working in mainly Asian area...???

lol, I have similar experiences there. Ignore my name, I'm a black guy. I went there once in regular street clothes to grab a part, then wandered over to the showroom. Looked at the M3s, 135s...every sales person walked right past me as if I was invisible. Not that I really wanted the attention, but it did seem odd.

Then one day I had to stop by after work to get a part (used to work right on kennedy there), so I was still in shirt and tie. Within 10 steps of entering the showroom I had 2 different asian girls asking me for help, bringing me brochures for the cars I was standing near, the works. It was hilariously shallow.

Can't say it's a T&C thing though, had the same crap at Mississauga and Maranello. Sales people think they can see money. Little do they know that despite the dress clothes I still don't have any. :D

drivetolive
02-04-2010, 06:17 PM
Lol try being a brown guy and walking into Maranello *shiner* . Lol I'm probably one of their only Indian customers (well ex-customer now *uzi* ).

Nguyen_E30
02-04-2010, 07:16 PM
Parkview Has hot chicks!

*love* parkview is the greatest

rodo
02-04-2010, 07:25 PM
*love* parkview is the greatest

parkview is brutal (in every sense actually)! Try Budds (for eye candy).

lvan
02-04-2010, 08:32 PM
Going back to those dealers....

I wonder once you bring it in for car inspection upon buyong it, do they do test drive to see if the clutch is okay and rest of the car?

e30bim
02-04-2010, 11:10 PM
Glad to know. I won't be buying my next car there.

xlash
02-05-2010, 01:08 AM
I won't ever buy ANY car from a stealership, especially new.

drivetolive
02-05-2010, 10:05 AM
Just got back from droping my car off (lol only b/c they gave me a $60 credit so decided to use it on a coolant flush). Pretty good service, maybe b/c it was another service advisor who I've never dealt with? But lol maybe it's b/c i'm paying (only half price through) :D .

Regardless, just wanted to give a heads up that if anyone ever decides to go their to ask for John to work on your car. Just met him again, had him work on it last time and all I can say is he is an amazing mechanic. Friendly guy, really knowledgable also. Everytime I'm there he comes out and we chat about cars and what-not, definitly a car-guy and cares about the customers.

Lol he actually said he's gonna come check this site out *rockout* .

europrince
02-05-2010, 10:08 AM
lol, I have similar experiences there. Ignore my name, I'm a black guy. I went there once in regular street clothes to grab a part, then wandered over to the showroom. Looked at the M3s, 135s...every sales person walked right past me as if I was invisible. Not that I really wanted the attention, but it did seem odd.

Then one day I had to stop by after work to get a part (used to work right on kennedy there), so I was still in shirt and tie. Within 10 steps of entering the showroom I had 2 different asian girls asking me for help, bringing me brochures for the cars I was standing near, the works. It was hilariously shallow.

Can't say it's a T&C thing though, had the same crap at Mississauga and Maranello. Sales people think they can see money. Little do they know that despite the dress clothes I still don't have any. :D

LOL I had the same thing happen to me at BMW Mississauga a bunch of years back.

It's sad but true that sales reps, people in general, are so quick to judge a book by its cover. I know of people with large homes in the city, large cottages, expensive cars, great suits and watches; and not a dime to their names. I then know of people who underdress and drive Hyundai Excels or Sonatas and have lots in the bank. Pity the fools who prejudge based on appearance. One never knows what the read deal is at home.

vintagez
02-05-2010, 10:50 AM
I am new here, but all you folks are near Whitby which is not far from Toronto. Take a few minutes and drive out to head office and speak to the people face to face, over the phone they are just kids who are caught up in the BMW ultimate driving machine lifestyle, see them face to face, do not blow your cool, it may get you further. Also you can escalate by asking to speak to managers and so right away, and park yourself in the lounge till they come.

maranellobmw
02-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Johns a great guy.
Alot of the tech's here at maranello are big car guys. and motorcycle guys too!! im alot of both :)

drivetolive
02-10-2010, 12:22 PM
Lol too bad not everyone there is like that.

Last week when I was hanging out with John for a bit I tried finding you after to say watsup but didn't think you were working.

Good to see ya on here *rockout*

maranellobmw
02-10-2010, 12:25 PM
Lol too bad not everyone there is like that.

Last week when I was hanging out with John for a bit I tried finding you after to say watsup but didn't think you were working.

Good to see ya on here *rockout*

I just came back from Vegas last night!!! Trust me it was hard to come back....lol

But im back now Monday to Fridays and some Sat's in the parts dept.

Feel free to come by and say hi anytime :)

careless7
02-10-2010, 02:07 PM
Dealerships Assholes at Maranello are only nice to people with 2009/2010 cars.

I actually was told by Durham that if I wanted repairs to the 740i I had to wait minimum 2 weeks because preference was given to new cars under warranty and mine was too old. They were backed up with loads of new car problems. I suppose the joke is on them cause what I spend on my 2 cars every year, I could probably be rolling in almost any 2010 car they offer....not jerking my own dick but seriously, treating me like a scrub is a real turn off.

I'd never go there, Downtown, Maranello or Parkview for various reasons.

slemmer
02-11-2010, 12:45 AM
That's ridiculous. They should be fortunate that we bring our older cars in for service. If they want to be selective you're better off going elsewhere as they don't seem too wooried about losing a valued customer.

magnus
02-11-2010, 07:17 AM
Yeah the T+C BMW a lil lifestyle store, there is one hot chick in there. Everytime I seat in the waiting section, she looks over. Very nice massageable package.

You should be shot for posting this without pics....lol

lvan
02-11-2010, 09:00 AM
You should be shot for posting this without pics....lol

Haha nah, They put a lounge right in the centre of dealership. You can not take any pictures without being cought.

Ahctuning
02-17-2010, 04:26 PM
Just got back from droping my car off (lol only b/c they gave me a $60 credit so decided to use it on a coolant flush). Pretty good service, maybe b/c it was another service advisor who I've never dealt with? But lol maybe it's b/c i'm paying (only half price through) :D .

Regardless, just wanted to give a heads up that if anyone ever decides to go their to ask for John to work on your car. Just met him again, had him work on it last time and all I can say is he is an amazing mechanic. Friendly guy, really knowledgable also. Everytime I'm there he comes out and we chat about cars and what-not, definitly a car-guy and cares about the customers.

Lol he actually said he's gonna come check this site out *rockout* .

the first impression I got upon reading your first report on them was that Maranello is like a horrible disease for anyone to avoid.

BUt then you seem happy with the service given by a diff guy the 2nd time around. So Maranello is a hit or miss just like any other dealership out there? If so, maybe a little apology to Maranello is in order.

drivetolive
02-17-2010, 05:00 PM
No apology from me...still think that dealership is full of douche-bags aside from the parts dept. and mechanics.

I could see how I may have come off as satisfied from that post, but I guess it was b/c I was paying they actually treated me good? It was that one service advisor (forgot his name) who I've never dealt with before that actually treated me good. I've dealt with almost every other service advisor there and they are assholes (too stuck up) IMO.

I agree with you that every dealership is a hit or miss, but Maranello just has too many misses in my book.

Ceeker
02-18-2010, 08:18 AM
Town + Country is definitely one of the better dealerships I've been to.

you don't know half of it. trust me. I've worked for them for a few years in parts and I heard all the stories that come through there. All dealerships have their issues so it makes no difference. whoever rants just so happened to have a bad day and that's all. No dealership has a flawless service/parts dept. So please people....just get over yourselves.!!!! LOL

Darkness95m3
02-18-2010, 09:44 AM
................. I'm a black guy. ............:D

:eek: That can't be........

Ahctuning
02-20-2010, 02:38 PM
No apology from me...still think that dealership is full of douche-bags aside from the parts dept. and mechanics.

I could see how I may have come off as satisfied from that post, but I guess it was b/c I was paying they actually treated me good? It was that one service advisor (forgot his name) who I've never dealt with before that actually treated me good. I've dealt with almost every other service advisor there and they are assholes (too stuck up) IMO.

I agree with you that every dealership is a hit or miss, but Maranello just has too many misses in my book.

What a shame. Get the good guys name and post it here to complete your rant and rave thread *rockout*

cocacola bob
02-25-2010, 11:00 PM
Since "bashing" is not allowed on this forum site why not a rant and\or rave thread where members can share their fun and exciting adventures getting their cars looked at or fixed at our favorite shops. Think of all the colourful stories we can all read and enjoy , sharing new adjectives to describe the shops and their employees. I'm still thinking of the one I read yesterday, "WTF SRSLY" just some consanants no vowels but so effective and fun to read.

nickdaytona
02-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Bump so this shows up next to Maranellos site sponsorship announcement !!!

RMPMOTORS
02-28-2010, 10:12 AM
bump so this shows up next to maranellos site sponsorship announcement !!!

why?

T.Dot_E30
02-28-2010, 10:27 AM
Reason why CPO is over-rated.