PDA

View Full Version : ProStart Starter/Alarm

Dysantic
02-03-2010, 08:25 PM
Anybody know anything about these systems? They are the ones sold by Canadian Tire. They are marked down right now by 60% and I've been looking for a remote starter/alarm for my e36 for a while.

Anyone have any experience with them on BMW's or know anything about them at all? If they don't work very well or screw up your car I plan on staying away. lol

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/4/Auto/AutoAccessories/RemoteCarStarters/PRD~0340746P/ProStart%252BSix%252BButton%252BTwo-Way%252BStarter%25252BAlarm%252BEntry%252BSystem.j sp

slemmer
02-03-2010, 09:48 PM
I stay with Viper - no issues.

aaron320i
02-03-2010, 09:52 PM
I've had a couple of these. The 2 way lcd remotes. Work very well and have a good range.
But I would recommend a viper. I currently have one in my e36 and it works amazing:P

Shuks
02-03-2010, 10:49 PM
Krown@Lakeshore has some deals going. Call them @905 278 2408

craigIS
02-04-2010, 12:26 AM
Viper all the way. I would buy anything like that from Crappy Tire.

InfiniteDice
02-04-2010, 12:43 AM
I have a Prestige I bought at Cdn Tire. That one is good, The Pro-Start is crap.

Dysantic
02-04-2010, 01:02 PM
Ok, so Viper seems to be the unanimous while pro-start isn't anything special. lol

Only problem is, I haven't found many places that have them for sale. I also don't really want to spend $500 on a remote starter/alarm with installation.

What does everyone think about compustar?

mono788
02-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Just FYI, Pro-start (Autostart) and Viper are from the same company - Directed Electronic which also carry Clifford, Python and Avital etc. So I will say it is a pretty good unit and good price, especially on sale at C.T.

Dysantic
02-05-2010, 02:52 PM
lol, well doesn't matter anymore. It looks like the discount on the starters ended yesterday... Too bad, I was planning on going in today and picking it up if I decided on it.

Who ends a sale on a Thursday? lol

harman_rai
02-05-2010, 03:15 PM
lol, well doesn't matter anymore. It looks like the discount on the starters ended yesterday... Too bad, I was planning on going in today and picking it up if I decided on it.

Who ends a sale on a Thursday? lol

Their sales is from Friday to Friday. They just dont advertise after Thursday for some reason but you should still be able to get it today for the sale price. Maybe they have changed things since i last worked there because i don't see it on sale on their site anymore

slemmer
02-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Though Pro-Start is under the DEI umbrella the question may be to the quality of their components, features, and reliability otherwise what would make it different than the others. If it is the same apples to apples then the price is good. Just watch out who butchers your wiring. Heard bad stories of CT techs doing a bad job with these things.

Dysantic
02-05-2010, 06:35 PM
I would never let one of those clucks touch my car other than maybe changingth tires. Lol. I would bring it to bimmersport for sure

W2WDETAILING
02-05-2010, 11:51 PM
Their sales is from Friday to Friday. They just dont advertise after Thursday for some reason but you should still be able to get it today for the sale price. Maybe they have changed things since i last worked there because i don't see it on sale on their site anymore

they changed it last month sales are from thursday to thursday just go talk to a manager. and say i didnt realize your sales changed but can i have it at the last sale price.. if they are nice youll get it. i had customers come in looking at dehumidifiers and they had a hard time picking one. so i often spoke with my manager and got them amazing discounts. any employee has access to lowest/ last saleprice of a product aswell as future sale dates of sale? if your near leaside ill tell you who to talk to. just pm me.