PDA

View Full Version : Looking at a BMW in Toronto area

lpetrie
01-29-2010, 05:25 PM
Hello everyone, I am here in altantic canada, and the used CPO BMW selection is not the greatest and is over priced. So I have been looking in the Toronto area and have found an '06 330i for a reasonable price, but obviously there is no way to look at it from my end and don't feel like flying there if the car isn't up to snuff, even though it is certified you never know right.
So a couple of questions, first if I did decide to fly there and end up buying the car, would the BMW dealership here in halifax screw me over on warranty issues, because of the fact I didn't purchase from them?

I know this would be speculation, but I am sure I wouldn't be the first to buy from one dealership and have it serviced at a different location.

Also has anyone dealt with this Dealership?

BMW Toronto
11 Sunlight Park Road
Toronto, Ont. M4M 1B5

And if anyone is heading to that dealership maybe they could take a look at this particular car and let me know what kind of shape it is in.

Car info:

2006 330i Sedan
$ 31,898 - 47,402 km
VIN: KS34807
Stock Number: U2629

Thanks in advance.

nachos23
01-29-2010, 06:59 PM
BMW Toronto is BMW's flagship store in Toronto. I don't know of any issues with them and friends/associates thatr have bought from them have been extremely happy.

MarkD
02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
BMW Toronto is BMW's flagship store in Toronto. I don't know of any issues with them and friends/associates thatr have bought from them have been extremely happy.

BMW's flagship store? I guess you don't know it was sold to the same guys that own Parkview a few years ago.

MTREEDAT
02-21-2010, 09:57 PM
If that one is a certified pre-owned, you're pretty safe to buy it. If it's not, then BMW's are hand picked cars, I would prefer to see it in person. Are you sure you can't find one a little closer that you can drive to? I'll be at BMW Toronto on Wed this coming week if that helps?

aaron320i
02-22-2010, 01:00 AM
I can get you the same car with same mileage for $28,000

lvan
02-22-2010, 02:21 AM
^But is it a CPO?

Imho that is about the right price for that car. Anyting for a 2006 over 30k is on highend side.

aaron320i
02-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Yupp.

ZiMMie
02-22-2010, 07:57 AM
I can get you the same car with same mileage for $28,000

sounds like business pitch, are u sponsor?

lpetrie
02-22-2010, 09:58 AM
Thanks for the reply's, but I have been dealing with Open Rd. BMW and working out a deal for a CPO 330i with 45000 km's for around $28500.

I wish there was more CPO BMW's in this area, but Unfortunately there isn't. The only one in halifax is a bare bones 325i (no electic seats, 16 inch wheels) with 66000 kms and they want $29500. I just hope this 330i is as good as it sounds.

slemmer
02-22-2010, 11:06 AM
If that one is a certified pre-owned, you're pretty safe to buy it. If it's not, then BMW's are hand picked cars, I would prefer to see it in person. Are you sure you can't find one a little closer that you can drive to? I'll be at BMW Toronto on Wed this coming week if that helps?

I disagree. Before you jump and buy b/c it's CPO'd check out the service and body repair records. Once BMW dealership that was promoting their CPO'd vehicles had one with $12k worth of body damage repairs. If you don't ask you won't know!

lpetrie
02-22-2010, 12:00 PM
I have received a car proof and the service records, the car was free from accidents, and the only thing done to it besides regular maint. was a power steering error code.

MTREEDAT
02-22-2010, 04:22 PM
I have received a car proof and the service records, the car was free from accidents, and the only thing done to it besides regular maint. was a power steering error code.

You're never going to know 100% it was never in an accident. You reduce your chances, but a prior owner could have paid out of pocket for the repairs and it was never reported anywhere. There have been CPO cars that even the dealer didn't know were hit. The CPO just means it passed an extensive inspection. It' doesn't mean it's a perfect car.

Also, when dealers prepare a car for sale, to be honest they sometimes paint the front end for stone chips and aren't required to declare it, or do other stuff to make it appear cherry, when in fact it maybe wasn't. The fact is any car driven four years, will have some marks on it and if it has none, that's even more reason to worry.

Tell them to send lots and lots of up close pictures so you can see properly. collector cars on e-bay tend to have many many pictures so you see exactly what you are getting.

33K to 28K is a $5000 difference, I would think the difference in cars would also be that dramatic as well. I can see a far less optioned car going for less, but apples to apples, it's about your budget and tolerance for wear.

lpetrie
02-22-2010, 04:46 PM
Now your making me worry, I had a friend check the car out, he drove it and went all through it. He said the car didn't have one mark on it, no chips on the hood or nothing. He said he couldn't believe it. Now I don't know what to think.

For the options, it doesn't have alot of extra's, which suggested to me is the reason it is cheaper.

MTREEDAT
02-22-2010, 05:11 PM
Now your making me worry, I had a friend check the car out, he drove it and went all through it. He said the car didn't have one mark on it, no chips on the hood or nothing. He said he couldn't believe it. Now I don't know what to think.

For the options, it doesn't have alot of extra's, which suggested to me is the reason it is cheaper.

It comes down to how anal you are. If all the reports show clean, then there is a very high chance that it is. In a resale situation, the report will be clean. To be honest, most average people can't tell even when they see a car in person what to look for, so if you're that anal, you need to see it yourself like I was saying. It's your money, so be comfortable.

lvan
02-22-2010, 08:40 PM
IMHO Open Road bmw does have some very nice deals on CPO cars. IMHO considering how brutal the used market is, the CPO route is the way to go.

The harder times are ahead of us for sure. Buy the car and enjoy the life!

aaron320i
02-22-2010, 11:47 PM
sounds like business pitch, are u sponsor?

Business pitch no, Comparing wholesale to public, YES! *angel*