PDA

View Full Version : 2007 323i E90 exhaust tip recommendations

mandat
01-26-2010, 04:48 PM
I have a 2007 323i which I have done mods to the engine and computer (sleeper). Now I am going to start working on the exterior so I want to add some exhaust tips but everything I see is like CDN Tire crap. Does anyone have a recommendation for nice rolled tips preferably nickel or good chrome. I can braze them on or lock them on as long as they are good quality.

europrince
01-26-2010, 05:52 PM
Question for you. Why a 323 plus mods when you could have gotten an '06 325 or 330, or an '07 328 for the extra amount you spent on the mods?

mandat
01-26-2010, 05:57 PM
Thanks but its what I could afford at the time just out of school. So do you have an answer or you just busting my balls?

the bachelor
01-26-2010, 05:58 PM
Question for you. Why a 323 plus mods when you could have gotten an '06 325 or 330, or an '07 328 for the extra amount you spent on the mods?

Some people have cars given as gifts by family members or are hand me downs and do not have a choice in models. Others are unaware of the differences

mandat
01-26-2010, 06:02 PM
It was not handed down, it was payed in full. Come on don't waste my time if your going to be an asshole. I am asking a question and its not social or how you think ........ just help me or get off.

Bliss
01-26-2010, 06:15 PM
Honestly i would go for a whole muffler than just changing tips. Then you get the sound + the tips.

If not, then any good muffler shop can show you your options such as zorro (used to be good, not sure now), hot rod scotts, etc..

europrince
01-26-2010, 06:27 PM
It was not handed down, it was payed in full. Come on don't waste my time if your going to be an asshole. I am asking a question and its not social or how you think ........ just help me or get off.

Dude, chill. I'm not being an asshole. I'm asking you a perfectly logical question as to why you would buy a car (you paid in full, so you obviously have cash), that with the price of mods, will probably cost you more and have less power than if you bought a proper car with more horsepower in the first place. The best way to tune a car is to buy a higher, more powerful trim level to begin with. You're limited to what you can do on a 323. It's not my problem if I touched a nerve. I'm sure many people on here will have the same question as I do.

FYI BMW dealerships sell exhaust tips in their parts dept, and probably have some in showcases, if you don't like what you see at Cdn Tire.

mandat
01-26-2010, 06:30 PM
Thanks for your input that makes sense Do you have any suggestions about the exhaust system I should look at?

Bliss
01-26-2010, 09:42 PM
AA, or eisenmann

///MG
01-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Mandat.... tip.... if you talk to members like you did to europrince you won't be getting much help from other members on the forums. Treat all members with due respect.

M.

alpine86
01-26-2010, 11:00 PM
yeah there is no point of getting just a muffler tip.

Just get the whole muffler from Active Auto Werk. They sound great!

if you don't have enough cash for that I would rather save it for the future.

You will be fine with your muffler now and as I said there is total waste of money unless your tip gets black or rusted.

IF you like you can get $150-200 magnaflow muffler installed from majestic muffler shop (google it)

but this will just improve exhaust sound that's all. I would rather save some money and get the proper one. So you can gain both performance and look at the same time. sounds better too.

alpine86
01-26-2010, 11:03 PM
Dude, chill. I'm not being an asshole. I'm asking you a perfectly logical question as to why you would buy a car (you paid in full, so you obviously have cash), that with the price of mods, will probably cost you more and have less power than if you bought a proper car with more horsepower in the first place. The best way to tune a car is to buy a higher, more powerful trim level to begin with. You're limited to what you can do on a 323. It's not my problem if I touched a nerve. I'm sure many people on here will have the same question as I do.

FYI BMW dealerships sell exhaust tips in their parts dept, and probably have some in showcases, if you don't like what you see at Cdn Tire.

man I am sure he didn't know anything about BMW when he first bought it.

He just liked the brand and seriously if I had a cash for e90 323i I would get e46 m3 for sure and this is much smarter way.

BTW e90 323i doesn't even have a set of HID.....