PDA

View Full Version : Prestine Original E34 M5 Red - 55,000 miles.

///M-TRD3
01-25-2010, 09:04 PM
From the looks of it, the car looks factory flawless, you certainly don't find them like this anymore *love*. Great car.
Original sales receipt, paperwork, mileage ect.

http://www.ecarlist.com/cgi-bin/showroom.cgi?mode=show&id=241350&d_id=1909

*If this is better suited in the 5 series section, Mod' please move.

Steve30
01-25-2010, 09:17 PM
what a car... perfection.

craz azn
01-25-2010, 09:40 PM
Its alright I guess. Painted lowers kill it IMO. Best would have been to leave the original paint. Missing strut tower caps in the engine bay, silly horn for the alarm.. ugh.

Robb
01-25-2010, 10:44 PM
Beauty ! :cool:

nonlocal
01-25-2010, 11:03 PM
Its alright I guess. Painted lowers kill it IMO. Best would have been to leave the original paint. Missing strut tower caps in the engine bay, silly horn for the alarm.. ugh.

Yeah, and the hood looks gappy.. high on passenger side, low on the driver's? That with the missing tower caps and the respray (and the clear corners if I'm being real paranoid) makes me wonder about a front end collision...

I dunno, people sit on these boards all day and bust up cars listed for sale as scams and rebuilds and I don't really wanna be that guy-- but this car doesn't feel right. I know I've seen it before months ago too, its been for sale forever...

lvan
01-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah the lower eye lids do not line up straight as well. IMHO if it was that clean, I do not see why some collector dude would not fetch out 20k.

Eurostyle
01-25-2010, 11:34 PM
The all red looks great!!! Not 100% original tho as the paint on the fenders does not match the doors. But great car non the less! Price is a but high IMO.

lvan
01-25-2010, 11:40 PM
^Good eye. Passenger side fender.

dble Trouble
01-25-2010, 11:51 PM
You know, if I had the cash, I'd definitely take the trip to go and look to see if it was in an accident or not, 'cause I don't think you would find too many this nice. Rudy, stop being so picky..............LOL. Strut tower caps?? Horn alarm?? LOL. That stuff is pennies to fix/change. Lowering is a nice stance and how do you know it's been painted, I must have missed that in the listing.

4WDFUN
01-25-2010, 11:59 PM
This car is calling my name.
I love it. Perfection(aside for the few blemishes pointed out)

craz azn
01-26-2010, 12:01 AM
You know, if I had the cash, I'd definitely take the trip to go and look to see if it was in an accident or not, 'cause I don't think you would find too many this nice. Rudy, stop being so picky..............LOL. Strut tower caps?? Horn alarm?? LOL. That stuff is pennies to fix/change. Lowering is a nice stance and how do you know it's been painted, I must have missed that in the listing.

I don't know if the entire thing has been painted as I didn't look that close. But even from a quick glance, its clear the lower area around the car was painted, as all M5s came with a contrasting colour on the lower strip.

Alarm Horn = possible hack wiring

Missing strut tower caps = possible seized mounts

So much for original. OEM is best, untouched, unmolested, and left alone. That to me is worth money.

You know I'm trained to look for this crap John. :P

ACS_DAN
01-26-2010, 12:10 AM
Nice looking car, but with all the obvious signs sticking out about that car. I'd be hard pressed to fork up 20.5 American for it. I think there are better examples out there for equal or less money.

The car also has been for sale for quite some time. If I remember correctly it's been at least a year.

dble Trouble
01-26-2010, 12:13 AM
^^Loling, I knew a post like that would wring a response out of you!! *wave* I know it's not Original, but with a car this clean, does it really matter. Not to mention, just about everything that was changed, I'd probably do myself, so it turns my crank just fine.

Oh, by the way, do you have strut tower caps to fit over my shocks, I've been meaning to ask you, as the oem ones didn't fit if you recall?

moogles
01-28-2010, 01:35 AM
gas guzzler tax... LOL

carjoe
01-28-2010, 09:50 AM
That would make a great winter beater! :D

E30M42cab
01-31-2010, 01:59 AM
Ah, I remember my old E34. I'm sure I would hate that M5 as much as I hated my 525. Hand made or not, they're hunks of shit, which is unfortunate because I think they're one of the best looking BMW's ever made.

marek
01-31-2010, 04:16 PM
... But even from a quick glance, its clear the lower area around the car was painted, as all M5s came with a contrasting colour on the lower strip.

Wrong, you could order the lower contrast delete as a factory option. Not saying this car had it, but not all M5's came with it.

craz azn
01-31-2010, 04:22 PM
Wrong, you could order the lower contrast delete as a factory option. Not saying this car had it, but not all M5's came with it.

Care to show me a North American spec M5 with that option?

marek
01-31-2010, 04:28 PM
Care to show me a North American spec M5 with that option?

I'm sure there is one, not common, but some were ordered for euro delivery and there are two that had the cloth interior, and there are 28 that were ordered as individual series.

Nick_V
01-31-2010, 05:55 PM
Here ya go guys: http://www.munichevo.com/carlot/detail/233/1991/BMW/M5

same car, just a better example for way less. Craz Azn, is that more like it?:cool:

edit: these guys also have an M1 and a Z8 for sale!

craz azn
01-31-2010, 09:08 PM
Here ya go guys: http://www.munichevo.com/carlot/detail/233/1991/BMW/M5

same car, just a better example for way less. Craz Azn, is that more like it?:cool:

edit: these guys also have an M1 and a Z8 for sale!

Haha *rockout*, its nice... but still a few issues too. I guess its hard to find an original car these days.

Nick_V
01-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Haha *rockout*, its nice... but still a few issues too. I guess its hard to find an original car these days.

The only thing that really bugs me about that car is the subwoofer install. The steering wheel and shift knob I don't care for. Aftermarket deck, other things like wheels (although those did come stock on later E34 M5s and M540i) and exhaust make it unoriginal, but by no means (by my humble standards at least) molested. I'd love to own it though!

What didn't you like?

craz azn
01-31-2010, 10:10 PM
Replica M Par wheels are disgusting looking... E39 M5 rep in the trunk isn't helping either. The stock forged wheels are worlds better than those junks. I agree with you on the stereo... ugh. Umm... exhaust looks a bit wonky (not a big deal) and something is up with the front bumper. Looks like it was taken off and not put back on very well. Also looks like the rubber trim that goes between the bumper and the nose panel is missing. Makes me wonder about some front end incident?

Nick_V
01-31-2010, 10:22 PM
haha I just took it for granted that they were OEM wheels (never really looked that close). As for the other stuff - you DO have a trained eye! Holy shit man, next time I spend a significant amount of money on a car, I might need you to inspect it first:D

edit: ok I went back and looked again. Yes quite obviously reps. The bumper stuff is hard to tell from the pics though. Even on mine, the rubber between the body and bumpers is kinda wonky - sorta lost its shape over time and sags in so you'd think it was missing. But good eye nonetheless.

craz azn
01-31-2010, 10:48 PM
Haha, cheers man! *rockout*

4WDFUN
01-31-2010, 11:44 PM
Ah, I remember my old E34. I'm sure I would hate that M5 as much as I hated my 525. Hand made or not, they're hunks of shit, which is unfortunate because I think they're one of the best looking BMW's ever made.

THis has got to be the most rediculous thing I've heard anyone say in a long time.
Please don't comepare a 525 to an M5.