PDA

View Full Version : Oil Change

drivetolive
01-13-2010, 12:23 AM
Not sure if I should post this here or the RMP section but I needed some opinions. I've heard really good things about RMP and since my CPO "warranty" is over, I need to find a local, cheap, reliable and dedicated mechanic. RMP seems to fit all of these characterisitcs.

Looking to get an oil change done and Rocco told me his shop uses a brand called LL (it's BMW approved from Germany). Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this brand of oil (I've never heard of it but than again I'm not an expert on oil, hence why I'm asking). I've always had my oil changes done at BMW and they use BMW Synthetic 5w30, is it ok if I change my oil brand or should I stick with Castrol?

Mikeee46coup
01-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Pretty sure RMP uses Fuchs oil, its solid German stuff and you're always in good hands with Rocco.*th-up**th-up*

rdtx2005
01-13-2010, 07:43 AM
Pretty sure RMP uses Fuchs oil, its solid German stuff and you're always in good hands with Rocco.*th-up**th-up*

Did she say that too? ;)

mclovin
01-13-2010, 11:08 AM
real men change their own oil :cool:

Stephanie
01-13-2010, 12:34 PM
real men change their own oil :cool:

...and real WOMEN. :D

Fern3
01-13-2010, 12:45 PM
...and real WOMEN. :D

^^^

drivetolive
01-13-2010, 06:43 PM
I'd love to learn/do it myself but the lack of a jack and the right tools doesn't allow me too. Looking at picking up a jack and some tools this summer so I can start doing simple things in my garage.

Thanks for the replies, already made my appointment.

mclovin
01-13-2010, 07:25 PM
Dont forget a 36mm socket if ur picking up ur own tools.

xlash
01-15-2010, 05:41 PM
I'd love to learn/do it myself but the lack of a jack and the right tools doesn't allow me too. Looking at picking up a jack and some tools this summer so I can start doing simple things in my garage.

Thanks for the replies, already made my appointment.

You don't need to wait for summer. Get your tools, jack/ramps/stands and supplies and wait for a day like today. It's not too cold. I swapped out my plugs and cleaned the MAF on Wednesday.

Someday in the next 4 weeks I'll replace my thermostat and get a coolant flush done.

If you need help just ask around.