PDA

View Full Version : NAIAS 2010 (Detroit)

pawcio
01-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Anyone going this year?

328IScreamer
01-06-2010, 12:53 PM
I'll be going for sure
Last year really sucked due to such a bad economy. We'll see if they stepped it up a bit this year.
Last years BMW owners lounge wasn't as good either

///Maluco
01-06-2010, 01:23 PM
I'll be there on the 13th.

Quack
01-06-2010, 01:34 PM
I'll be there, haven't miss one yet since I've been going since the early 90's

pawcio
01-06-2010, 01:44 PM
I'll be there, haven't miss one yet since I've been going since the early 90's

impressive. this will be my 4th consecutive year.

i'm also hoping it will be better than last year. and that i don't get stuck in a snowstorm on the way back.

Quack
01-06-2010, 01:47 PM
impressive. this will be my 4th consecutive year.

i'm also hoping it will be better than last year. and that i don't get stuck in a snowstorm on the way back.

you think that's impressive, I've been going to the one in Toronto since the mid 80's.

and last year did suck, they even brought up the shitty Chinese cars from downstairs to the main floor because so many big companies didn't show up leaving the main floor empty, it was pathetic.

careless7
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
E30 Girl and I are going.

Yeah Detroit NAIAS is on the down-tick. Porsche pulled, Nissan followed and high end stuff like Ferrari and Lamborghini etc...has also left the building. You get some interesting stuff, Bugattis, Maybachs and some custom super cars in addition to many unveilings.

I go for the free alcohol, food and lavish parties :-). Used to be fun to rub elbows with guys like Dr.Z and Lutz but its all changed. They used to have spectacles like indoor ice rinks, waterfalls and 100 Texas steers hered down Michigan avenue...this year is about electrics and China.

LA is where it is at.

328IScreamer
01-06-2010, 01:57 PM
There were a lot of disappointments about last years show
There weren't even any displays it was just a bunch of cars scattered around the carpet. Companies don't have the money to put into this sort of thing any more.

pawcio
01-06-2010, 02:02 PM
you think that's impressive, I've been going to the one in Toronto since the mid 80's.

that is even more impressive. i don't go to the toronto show anymore. its more expensive than detroit and i don't think its as good.

careless7
01-06-2010, 02:08 PM
There were a lot of disappointments about last years show
There weren't even any displays it was just a bunch of cars scattered around the carpet. Companies don't have the money to put into this sort of thing any more.

The "bailout" companies deliberately did that. They might have had new cash to spend but decided not to flaunt it.

Detroit really better step their game up as LA leap-frogged them for the date but a couple months and has all kinds of debuts in sunny SoCal.

LAFTMFW

Robb
01-06-2010, 03:58 PM
Just dont get lost in the ghetto of Detroit !

pawcio
01-15-2010, 06:52 PM
i'm going tomorrow. i hope it will be better than last year but i'm excited nonetheless.