PDA

View Full Version : X5 4.4i 2004 Problems

Dollarbilzs
01-05-2010, 10:33 PM
Have had the car for 2 yrs no problems reg. oil changes & main. Female & highway driven. Reached 130 km and have been fixing it monthly - rad. hoses, coolent leak, control arm, gas tank issue, now being quoted for VALLEY PAN - over a $1000 to fix. Not to mention that my hood has issues opening and my sun roof tilt is not closing. For those who own an X5 is there more to come? I love my bimmer, but am not sure if its worth it to keep it, I can't go back to anything else! Need advice :o(

tlaselva
01-06-2010, 12:22 AM
Have had the car for 2 yrs no problems reg. oil changes & main. Female & highway driven. Reached 130 km and have been fixing it monthly - rad. hoses, coolent leak, control arm, gas tank issue, now being quoted for VALLEY PAN - over a $1000 to fix. Not to mention that my hood has issues opening and my sun roof tilt is not closing. For those who own an X5 is there more to come? I love my bimmer, but am not sure if its worth it to keep it, I can't go back to anything else! Need advice :o(

Reason why I don't keep BMW's past 100K mark.

They get expensive to keep them in top shape.

My experience is once the expensive repairs start, they don't stop.

IMHO, I'd say cut your losses.

My '03 4.4 X5's been flawless, but I only got 48K on her.

Blackedout95
01-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Wait till your bags go lol

Kidding... not really but I see a lot of X5's in the garage.

lvan
01-10-2010, 09:59 PM
If the car is paid off, than sell it and throw that on a downpayment for CPO one. I would do that. How does that sound?