PDA

View Full Version : High-end wheel repair shops

dbworld4k
01-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Anyone know of a place BESIDES Precision Rim Repair and Carcone's (they don't do cracked rims) that can repair forged wheels? I don't mind the cost involved or how far I have to drive or even ship it, so long as the company is reputable and can restore the structural integrity from damage to a one-piece forged rim.

spoony_prelude
01-04-2010, 04:19 PM
just wondering why you dont want to take it to precision? I have my Rs being redone their now, ask Marek, when I bought his ac schnitzers he told me about some place i think out in oakville

Jay

propr'one
01-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Not to knock precision or carcone (although i've personally had bad experiences with both) very few of the people who have cracked their rims that i know were happy with the repairs. I'd recommend eating the couple hundred dollar difference between sourcing another wheel and repairing a cracked one, as you may end up going that way either.

MarkD
01-04-2010, 05:09 PM
Anyone know of a place BESIDES Precision Rim Repair and Carcone's (they don't do cracked rims) that can repair forged wheels? I don't mind the cost involved or how far I have to drive or even ship it, so long as the company is reputable and can restore the structural integrity from damage to a one-piece forged rim.

Most of these places can't be trusted to properly fix a wheel. And don't go to Wheel Fix. http://www.wheelfix.com/ I had a wheel taken there by the previous owner of my car, they screwed up a 2 cm crack and after 4 tries at repairing it they turned it into a 20 cm crack, which is just what I needed when driving on the road.

Now I know there is no love here for the place I am going to mention, but I've had various work done there and they've always done a great job, and they send the wheels out to a very competent welder for repair.
So if you want to try a repair instead of a new wheel, you could try Bieri Auto on Ellesmere Ave. http://www.bieriauto.com/

Their prices are reasonable for the service they provide, and I like the fact that I can have bodywork, mechanical and detailing all done at one place.

T.Dot_E30
01-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Collision Networks Inc.
140 Doughton Rd
Concord ON, L4K 1R3

Phone #: 905-669-1665
Fax #: 905-669-6742

Im not sure if they do forged wheels, but my uncle has had some wheels done there before. They were also featured on pimp my ride, or whatever one of those reality shows were called.

craz azn
01-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Collision Networks Inc.
140 Doughton Rd
Concord ON, L4K 1R3

Phone #: 905-669-1665
Fax #: 905-669-6742

Im not sure if they do forged wheels, but my uncle has had some wheels done there before. They were also featured on pimp my ride, or whatever one of those reality shows were called.

Collision Networks redid a set of rims that were bent and needed paint about 3 years ago for me, they did get the bend out, however both turnaround time and paint finish was very poor. Last I heard they went out of business last year...?

T.Dot_E30
01-04-2010, 08:34 PM
Collision Networks redid a set of rims that were bent and needed paint about 3 years ago for me, they did get the bend out, however both turnaround time and paint finish was very poor. Last I heard they went out of business last year...?

Out of business? damn....i donno it's been a while for me, i used to drop stuff off back in the days when working for my uncle.

Sickbimmer
01-04-2010, 09:12 PM
I need a place to get all 4 of my factory 19" refinished and curb rash repaired. Any suggestions?

craz azn
01-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Out of business? damn....i donno it's been a while for me, i used to drop stuff off back in the days when working for my uncle.

Yep, I remember I mentioned it to my dad, and a few days later he told me the number was out of service... Devon got his car painted there, I asked him to check it out if they were still there, but I don't think he's had the time to go and check yet.

Eurostyle
01-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Any place good enaugh to repair a rim if a piece is missing from the lip!? :D

spoony_prelude
01-04-2010, 11:40 PM
fab im getting my rs's redone at precision right now, from what ive heard about them they have a pretty good reputation. I was originally going to take my wheels there back in march last year but they told me the waiting time would be about 2-3months because that was their busy season. When I went there, they had a huge selection of ferrari wheels, HRE wheels etc that were being redone. When I dropped them off 2 weeks ago same thing, $20,000 set of lambo wheels that needed to be fixed. I'll let you guys know how they come out and I'll post pics.

Jay

Bliss
01-05-2010, 02:30 AM
I got all 4 of my PG3's redone at precision a couple years ago, and the job was ok, however it did take them 3 tries to get them "ok". They were unable to get the mirror finish of the oem lip they had originally. They were unsure how OZ(maker of Hamann PG3's at the time) were able to get such a high-polish finish on the lip with a clear coat(no maintenance). After the third time, I settled with having my wheels back with dull looking lips just because i wanted the lips to be maintenance free like oem, as this was the only solution they had.*shiner*

Gamite
01-05-2010, 03:05 AM
clear coat on polished lips seems to be a major hinder to these shops, I have yet to find a place that will finish them like they come from factory.

EstorilM3
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
clear coat on polished lips seems to be a major hinder to these shops, I have yet to find a place that will finish them like they come from factory.

clear coating is not the real problem.
the problem is when the rim is polished AND painted, as is the case for the E36 M3's like you see in this attachment.
Nobody seems to be able to polish and paint at the same time.
I wish I could find someone who does it, because mine need refinishing.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dakqj7.jpg

Bliss
01-05-2010, 01:04 PM
clear coating is not the real problem.
the problem is when the rim is polished AND painted, as is the case for the E36 M3's like you see in this attachment.
Nobody seems to be able to polish and paint at the same time.
I wish I could find someone who does it, because mine need refinishing.

http://i47.tinypic.com/2dakqj7.jpg

Precision can paint and polish, but you won`t get a mirror finish lip. It looks like they should be able to match the M wheels you posted though.

ctgazer
01-05-2010, 01:11 PM
howard @ alloy rim repair
they do work for several dealers bmw toronto, parkview, porsche, among others

///Maluco
01-05-2010, 05:55 PM

Collision Networks body shop went out of business but the wheel refinishing portion of the business was opened up by Steve at another location just a block away. Steve is working out of the back shop area of Bestline Auto Body now.
There was a guy or two from Collision Netwoks working on the wheels that were a bit sketchy when it came to prep work. They're not with him at the new location now....which is a good thing.

Wheel Tek
144 Freshway Drive, Unit #1
Concord Ontario L4K 1S5

Tel: (416) 576-1326

He just finished refinishing wheels off a Continental GT a few weeks ago and some monster Cayenne wheels. I also saw some newly refinished old school Fiat Spider wheels.....very nice!
Steve is doing most of the work himself now which seems to be resulting in a better finish IMO.

Mikeee46coup
01-05-2010, 08:35 PM
Steer clear of Collision Networks, they royally screwed up one of my DPE's, took 3 months to repair and the owner Steve was a complete jerk to deal with. I sincerely hope Collision Networks and Steve Rosenbaum (I think was his last name) are our of business, by far the worst experience in my 17 years of being a car enthusiast!

dble Trouble
01-07-2010, 09:21 AM
I had a 15" BBS repaired at Precision 2 months ago, and I'm not impressed. It cost a small fortune for what seemed like a small repair, and in the end I feel like I could have done a better job in my garage. Not to mention, when talking to the counter guy, and the owner, they were giving me a been there done that/whatever attitude. As a paying customer, I don't what to be pandered to, nor do I want to feel intimidated when I called them on the work. Nonetheless, I wouldn't go back.

spoony_prelude
01-07-2010, 05:29 PM
^^^could u elaborate on that? like

what work they did to the wheels
what you didnt like about the job
how much u paid
how long it took to do the work

Thanks
Jay

Tom
01-07-2010, 05:36 PM
lol your gettin spoony all worked up, they did my wheels and kevin325 aswell and theyre both done nice, the only thing I dont like about the owner I think his name was Rav is he lied to me, he said he was gonna powdercoat my rims then I called back a while later and talked to one of the workers and had told him when I went to a dyno the guy scratched my rims where the bolts go in and I thought powdercoating doesnt get scratched and he said we dont do powdercoating here only paint? Im like WTF I specifically asked him before I took the rims there if he could powdercoat them and he said yes and took them, I paid 700$ for 4 rims to get powdercoated, rear 2 wheels straightened and 2 rims had minor curb rash, anyways they look good but paint doesnt hold up nearly as good as powdercoating... heres a pic of my rims only pic I really got...

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121400&page=7

last car at the bottom

spoony_prelude
01-07-2010, 06:02 PM
lol your gettin spoony all worked up, they did my wheels and kevin325 aswell and theyre both done nice, the only thing I dont like about the owner I think his name was Rav is he lied to me, he said he was gonna powdercoat my rims then I called back a while later and talked to one of the workers and had told him when I went to a dyno the guy scratched my rims where the bolts go in and I thought powdercoating doesnt get scratched and he said we dont do powdercoating here only paint? Im like WTF I specifically asked him before I took the rims there if he could powdercoat them and he said yes and took them, I paid 700$ for 4 rims to get powdercoated, rear 2 wheels straightened and 2 rims had minor curb rash, anyways they look good but paint doesnt hold up nearly as good as powdercoating... heres a pic of my rims only pic I really got...

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121400&page=7

last car at the bottom

lol hell ya man! I know I'm going to pay a pretty penny to have them done, and really dont want a hack job! I've seen tons of sets of rs's on the web that look phenominal! and it's the type of job I'm expecting! I told him price wasnt a major concern but quality is! I dont want to be refinishing them once a year! I'm not worried about painting/powder coating, as paint is fine with me, for me I want straightness, and a serious polish!:D

Btw your car is the facelift e46 with black wheels right?

Jay

Tom
01-08-2010, 02:07 PM
prefacelift, 2000 323ci, soon to be 332ci :P

im looking for a shop that actually does powdercoating and not paint as I wanna get my rims redone again, anyone know of a shop? I heard carcones does but didnt someone say they do crappy work?

Spoose
01-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Wicked Wheels - 416-234-1688

dble Trouble
01-10-2010, 12:34 AM
...^^^could u elaborate on that? like

what work they did to the wheels STRAIGHTENED A BEND ON THE LIP

what you didnt like about the job THE MACHINGING IS ROUGH, AND MANY BURN MARKS WHERE THEY HAD TO HEAT IT TO STRAIGHTEN IT

how much u paid $140 + TAXES THEY WANTED AN ADDITONAL $50 TO REFINISH I SAID NO WAY CONSIDERING ITS A 15"

how long it took to do the work 3 WEEKS

Thanks
Jay

BMW_7
01-10-2010, 11:14 AM
don't go to collision networks, precision wheel repair or wheelfix! I had bad experiences with all of them and ended up getting new wheels after numerous visits to those shops

uber e36
01-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Picked up my Audi wheels from being refinished at Carcone's the other day. They look great!

Edit: saw you said they won't do your cracked wheel - my bad.

dbworld4k
01-11-2010, 12:35 AM
Did Carcone's ever used to do repairs on cracked wheels? If so, I'll ask if they will repair it but waive any responsibility should a crack re-appear... it's worth a shot.

Spoose
01-12-2010, 12:31 PM
Wicked Wheels - 416-234-1688. They will repair a cracked rim. They can also do the finishing if you like.