PDA

View Full Version : New Girl looking for more Hp.... Any Advice???

BellaSignora
01-01-2010, 12:24 AM
I am interested in finding out in ways to increase my Hp without losing my warranty or breaking my bank. My father told me to install a cold intake kit or a tuner kit.... Anyone have any experience with the turbo tuner? I live in Ontario if that makes a difference.

black bnr32
01-01-2010, 12:28 AM
search the web for a software tune

i'm guessing you can pick up 50hp for ~1k or less

might lose the warranty, although most mods will

wanna date?!?!?

BellaSignora
01-01-2010, 12:51 AM
thanks.... looking into the turbo tuner from tunermotorsport, apparently doesn't affect anything but i'm hoping i'll hear about it from anyone reading this also...

As for dating, sorry i've given that up now... Lol. I found my second love already and it has 4 doors. ;)

xlash
01-01-2010, 01:16 AM
sell your steptronic and get a manual. then contact vishnu for a chip upgrade.

ACS_DAN
01-01-2010, 02:27 AM
Don't quote me o this, but I believe the only tuner chip that allows you to still retain factory warranty is Dinan.

richie_s999
01-01-2010, 09:44 AM
I beleive Dan is right, there has been a lot of problems with the turbo's lately, so make wure what ever you do you don't void the warranty unless your ok with also replacing the turbos!!

i'll have to keep an eye out for this car in the east end though.

autodrjr
01-01-2010, 10:24 AM
intake is a good way to go... cheap and easy to do plus the benifit of removal if you need to take it in for service

most chips or a remap can be seen by a scan tool and when it comes to warranty they will look hard for a reason to void it..'

just my 2 cents

fyi: my second love has 2 doors lol. i love your logic

darin911
01-04-2010, 02:50 AM
get the PROcede i put it in my car I LOVE THE EXTRA HP U GET AND TORQUE. but u need to take it out when ever u visit the deal. it WILL FOR SURE VOID YOUR WARRANTY.

http://www.p3cars.com/catalog/vishnu-procede-revii-tuning-computer-for-335135/

propr'one
01-04-2010, 03:45 AM
BS,

i suggest you get comfortable with the idea of voiding your warranty with a chip if you're after HP. The plus side is, most chips have modification-free installs. (That means, if something goes wrong with your car, and you have to take it in for work @ the dealer, you can take the chip out, and its as if it were never installed.)

Many chips (or rather, piggyback, since you dont reflash the ECU so much as add another computer to it), are undetectable by tech's unless they physically open your ECU housing, but its possible that they do that.

If you want something more easy to hide, that would also make the car more driveable at speed, consider ordering a custom differential with LSD and shorter gearing. The shorter gearing will give you more torque, and LSD will make you want to drift every corner you drive through. Plus its very, very unlikely a tech would notice that. They're not cheap though, last time i checked they were around 3K.

E30 Girl
01-04-2010, 08:22 AM
BS,

i suggest you get comfortable with the idea of voiding your warranty with a chip if you're after HP. The plus side is, most chips have modification-free installs. (That means, if something goes wrong with your car, and you have to take it in for work @ the dealer, you can take the chip out, and its as if it were never installed.)

Many chips (or rather, piggyback, since you dont reflash the ECU so much as add another computer to it), are undetectable by tech's unless they physically open your ECU housing, but its possible that they do that.

If you want something more easy to hide, that would also make the car more driveable at speed, consider ordering a custom differential with LSD and shorter gearing. The shorter gearing will give you more torque, and LSD will make you want to drift every corner you drive through. Plus its very, very unlikely a tech would notice that. They're not cheap though, last time i checked they were around 3K.

Fantastic idea but honestly I would recommend leaving the car stock and learning to drive it if you haven't already. You want to understand what you car does before you go modding the shit out of it. If you exceed your driving ability with mods you will be in trouble. I have a 140hp 1992 318is and honestly on the track it is so much fun I wasn't even missing the HP this summer. Now that I under stand the car and how it handles I'm very interested in going bigger. :)

Good Luck

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q59/Z-Tuned/318.jpg

rendered
01-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Dinan is the only choice if you don't want to void your warranty. Everything else apparently voids your warranty because the scan tools BMW dealers use detects boost levels a/f, and pretty much every other sign that you upped the boost through piggyback ECU software. Then you're in trouble if you ever need warranty to cover blown turbos or worse.

My advice is a lot like e30 girls. Learn how to drive your car on the track (mosport is close to you?) because 300hp/300ft/tq is plenty of power!! The transmission will always be holding you back as well, I don't think they have any tranny software available to speed up shifting... I suggest drivng for a few years until you're comfortable with a manual transmission. I could be wrong though, you look fairly old and mature so maybe you already have many years of driving manual car experience under your belt?!

Then when your warranty expires in a few years and if you decide to keep your car, we'll recommend the best ECU upgrade/intake/downpipes/intercooler/exhaust and you'll have at least 400hp+ by then. Or maybe you'll upgrade to a real car by then, 6spd manual M3? ;) j/k

P.S. You're cute ;)

pawcio
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
the dinan ecu upgrade depending on whether its a stage I or II costs between ~1.6/2.2K i think. and the warranty definitely remains valid.

T.Dot_E30
01-04-2010, 03:11 PM
Fantastic idea but honestly I would recommend leaving the car stock and learning to drive it if you haven't already.

+1 on the driver mods.

Get some track time and autox in. No point in having all that power if you don't know how to use it.

Dissembler
01-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Before power upgrades, I'd vote you throw some Pilot sport ps2s/r comps or something similar on there than you can have some real fun!

And from what I've been told, installing a non stock chip or reflashing the ecu triggers a hidden code or something that, even if you were to reinstall the stock chip/software for service/warranty purposes, the technician will see it when he scans your car thus voiding the warranty

325isStephen
01-04-2010, 06:36 PM
As for dating, sorry i've given that up now... Lol. I found my second love already and it has 4 doors. ;)

Four doors for more whores?

Classy *rockout*

hustler
01-04-2010, 10:35 PM
Ahahahahaha, I like how the first post was looking for a date.

Evidence that this, like most car forums, is a sausage fest.

richie_s999
01-05-2010, 01:47 AM

Well at least the women on Max are top notch ones!!!

Quality over quantity!!!

Dissembler
01-05-2010, 01:57 AM
^ a forum has gotta have standards *th-up*

E30 Girl
01-05-2010, 08:25 AM

Quality over quantity!!!

That's sweet in a twisted sort of way...LOL :P

Ceeker
01-05-2010, 08:45 AM
the dinan ecu upgrade depending on whether its a stage I or II costs between ~1.6/2.2K i think. and the warranty definitely remains valid.

as I recall you're right - but I think it was for USA only. Perhaps it has now changed for Canadian cars. There is a Dinan dealer in Concord Toronto area unless they've moved. You may want to double check with a bmw dealership if they recognize Dinan, and honor it here before making changes. Doesn't hurt to ask.

dannyb
01-05-2010, 08:53 AM
ltw rims? dosent change power but should give you a better acceleration

pawcio
01-05-2010, 09:04 AM

i like how he didn't get it. :D

pawcio
01-05-2010, 09:04 AM
as I recall you're right - but I think it was for USA only. Perhaps it has now changed for Canadian cars. There is a Dinan dealer in Concord Toronto area unless they've moved. You may want to double check with a bmw dealership if they recognize Dinan, and honor it here before making changes. Doesn't hurt to ask.

i'm pretty sure they do them in canada too. i think budd's bmw is an "authorized dinan" dealer or whatever, so i would assume they can do all the upgrades and would recognize the warranty.

richie_s999
01-05-2010, 11:16 AM
That's sweet in a twisted sort of way...LOL :P

Thank you , and your welcome*th-up*

BellaSignora
01-11-2010, 10:45 PM
I could be wrong though, you look fairly old and mature so maybe you already have many years of driving manual car experience under your belt?!

P.S. You're cute ;)

GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I feel Insulted? or Flattered?:confused::confused:

BellaSignora
01-11-2010, 10:52 PM

Quality over quantity!!!

Awwwww...... maybe i shouldn't be insulted afteralll.... Lol..

SamE30e
01-11-2010, 11:34 PM
Seriously?

BellaSignora
01-12-2010, 12:24 AM
Oh boy... please don't take me seriously. I'm just being a nerd, and my poor attempt at humor.

rendered
01-12-2010, 01:54 AM
GASP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Should I feel Insulted? or Flattered?:confused::confused:

I don't know yet, I'll let you know over dinner... If you cook Italian, then I'd give you nothing but praise. And I would loan you one of my manual Bmw's and give free stick lessons until you're convinced manual wins.

then we could go have some fun in your car... On the track ofcourse.. You wouldn't believe the mind blowing things we can make your stock 335i do... Private Message if interested in some free lessons :)

richie_s999
01-12-2010, 02:12 AM
LOL so the question is is she a true east ender....and that only means did she grow up in the east end?

europrince
01-12-2010, 11:43 AM
sell your steptronic and get a manual. then contact vishnu for a chip upgrade.

step is quicker

Ceeker
01-12-2010, 12:15 PM
step is quicker

+1 agree!

kevin325
01-12-2010, 12:38 PM
step is quicker

uhhh....you must be joking.

europrince
01-12-2010, 12:57 PM
uhhh....you must be joking.

with the 335i, i'm not. noone can shift as fast as the step/dual clutch, unless you're a pro racer. you lose a lot of boost in between shifts, shifting stick. you need software with a map including boost lag fix in order to be able to match a 335i step

Fern3
01-12-2010, 03:01 PM
Speed from fastest shifting to slowest with an experienced driver. DCT and smg, stick, steptronic

propr'one
01-12-2010, 06:46 PM
Steptronic is NOT dual clutch. Steptronic is an electronically controlled automatic transmission that uses a torque converter. It is NOT better than manual, there's no argument there.

SMG is dual clutch, and most recent SMG's shift much faster than any driver can shit a manual.

Ceeker
01-12-2010, 06:58 PM
the avg driver can not shift an stick faster then steptronic. one is hydrolically/ellectronically controlled; the other is manual - arms and legs and your brain. your brain works faster then your limbs will ever. although a computer cannot work faster then your brain. hydraulics ellectronic mapping can work faster then your arms and legs.
If we speaking are of pro drivers, that's another argument all together.

As for SMG - faster then manual shifting hands down.

europrince
01-12-2010, 07:15 PM
http://www.dragtimes.com/BMW--335i-Drag-Racing.html

It's all steps at the top

europrince
01-12-2010, 07:30 PM
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=299706

ACS_DAN
01-12-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't know yet, I'll let you know over dinner... If you cook Italian, then I'd give you nothing but praise. And I would loan you one of my manual Bmw's and give free stick lessons until you're convinced manual wins.

then we could go have some fun in your car... On the track ofcourse.. You wouldn't believe the mind blowing things we can make your stock 335i do... Private Message if interested in some free lessons :)

I can only dream to be as smooth as you one day.
=D

Ceeker
01-12-2010, 11:03 PM
=D

ummm....you call that smooth??? LOL!!!

richie_s999
01-12-2010, 11:48 PM
ummm....you call that smooth??? LOL!!!

No but dans sarcasm was smooth !!!!!

rendered
01-13-2010, 04:18 AM
=D

I wasn't trying to be smooth... :) simply answering her question and offering some free driving lessons in exchange for a home cooked Italian meal... I could care less about a date, but when there's food involved, well that's something I cannot turn down. :)

E30 Girl
01-13-2010, 10:07 AM
I wasn't trying to be smooth... :) simply answering her question and offering some free driving lessons in exchange for a home cooked Italian meal... I could care less about a date, but when there's food involved, well that's something I cannot turn down. :)

BAHAHAHAHAHA...Spoken like a true man...LOL

Jon@Bimmersport
01-13-2010, 06:41 PM
Steptronic is NOT dual clutch. Steptronic is an electronically controlled automatic transmission that uses a torque converter. It is NOT better than manual, there's no argument there.

SMG is dual clutch, and most recent SMG's shift much faster than any driver can shit a manual.

SMG is sequential, E46 M3 SMG vs 6spd uses same clutch.

DCT is double clutch (Double Clutch Transmission)

+ 1 on the driver training. Although dont get Rcomps if you are just starting perf. driving (rec. by a user).

xlash
01-13-2010, 07:15 PM
SMG is sequential, E46 M3 SMG vs 6spd uses same clutch.

DCT is double clutch (Double Clutch Transmission)

+ 1 on the driver training. Although dont get Rcomps if you are just starting perf. driving (rec. by a user).

just to add to this: SMG and DCT are very vey different.

BellaSignora
01-14-2010, 11:39 PM
Well Boyz..... FYI...I was born and raised in Scarborough, but now I work in Oshawa and live in Courtice. I don't see many 328's or 335's out this way. I'm always on the lookout.

So Richie_s999 you may see me flying around out here sometime, I'll keep my eyes open for ya. ;)

BellaSignora
01-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Lol.... Really????? A home cooked meal will get me some driving lessons???? Why didn't anybody offer sooner?????? I've got a lasagna in the oven right now!!! Lol....