PDA

View Full Version : factory radio code

autodrjr
12-31-2009, 04:04 PM
So just got my moms car back from the tranny shop from the rebuild... go to head for a test drive. radio displays code.... so i looked in the service manual in hopes to find that someone has written the code down... nope.

so do i have to phone the dealer with the vin of the car an she serial number off the radio like you do with the vw or is there some universal code? maby written on the radio on the back or somthing?

thanks
morgan

Ceeker
12-31-2009, 04:47 PM
There is a service manual and an owners manual. look inside and you might find the radio code card that came with it. that's if the radio is still the original. They won't give you the code over the phone. you'll have to go into the dealership and show proof of ownership and from there they will retrieve the code for you on the spot. it's a security measure for not giving it over the phone.

Nguyen_E30
12-31-2009, 04:59 PM
go to the dealership and give them the last 5 digits to your vin and they should be able to retrieve it. you might need the serial number to your deck; they asked for it when i had my e30.

autodrjr
12-31-2009, 07:05 PM
thanks.... got it was burried in the book in the car.... guess i should have looked harder. just glad it al worked