PDA

View Full Version : pulled the e36 out on the weekend

tig
12-19-2009, 01:37 AM
http://<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/tee1nuibYlg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/tee1nuibYlg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

it was warm last sunday decided to start up the e36, yes I know they say its better to just let the car sit through winter without starting it up but I dont want any thing seizing up on the blower, especially since it happend to my buddy last winter. Anyway thought I would put my iphone to use and make a vid, pretty good quaility vid for a phone.

Dry revving isnt good but sometimes I just cant help myself

Steve30
12-19-2009, 01:49 AM
*mw* stage 1 or stage 2 kit? Also what kind of power are you putting down? I want their stage 2 kit or the twin screw charger *rockout*

doogee
12-19-2009, 06:13 AM
Can I come listen to that for a day? lmao.

Dr. Flyview
12-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Was the car even warm...tsk tsk...

blk325i
12-21-2009, 01:21 AM
*mw* stage 1 or stage 2 kit? Also what kind of power are you putting down? I want their stage 2 kit or the twin screw charger *rockout*

the c30 doesn't have a stage 2, you're thinking of the c38

aaron320i
12-21-2009, 01:22 AM
sounds friggen amazing grrrrrrrrrr :P

Steve30
12-21-2009, 01:47 AM
ahhh ok! I was looking on AA's site and saw the c38 kit.

the c30 doesn't have a stage 2, you're thinking of the c38

JMW
12-25-2009, 12:09 AM
sounded alot better then my boosted m3
nice.

lvan
12-25-2009, 04:42 AM
The thing I find strange, your 328 is modded so cool, but does that stockish sterring wheel bother ya? It does not fit your car that modded on a stock wheel..

richie_s999
12-25-2009, 09:04 AM
OP - who ever said it was best to just let the car sit over the winter???? Thats the worst thing!!!!!!!!!!

blk325i
12-28-2009, 04:06 PM
OP - who ever said it was best to just let the car sit over the winter???? Thats the worst thing!!!!!!!!!!

the top of your engine gets starved if you just turn it on and let it sit, it is A LOT better for your engine to not turn it on at all then to turn it on and let it "warm up" while sitting there, best thing to do is turn it on on a nice sunny day and take her for a rip on the highway

spoony_prelude
12-28-2009, 07:58 PM
not to get away from the op, but its best not to start the car at all, then come spring before your start it, drain all the old oil, do an oil change before you start the car for the first time.

back on topic, sounds awsome!!! Although I dont see a point to a supercharger, just wastes more fuel...that being said, hows about i take the poor fuel economy off your hands:) interested lol

Jay

Eurotakeover
12-28-2009, 10:08 PM

*face palm*

doogee
12-28-2009, 10:25 PM
Too much condensation builds up in the topend if you start it for short time periods. Even if you make short trips. Turns the top into a milkshake haha.

Bullet Ride
12-28-2009, 10:38 PM
Was the car even warm...tsk tsk...

It was up to temp.
On that starting or no starting debate, I'm of the opinion that it's better to not start it. I don't like letting a car idle up to operating temperature in the first place, especially when it's cold, and just idling probably won't get the car hot enough to burn off moisture and acids anyways, but there's lots of debate about it just Google search storing a car for the winter.

Steve30
12-28-2009, 11:01 PM
It's been 2 months since I started mine...I didn't fog the engine either (maybe I should have?) Anyways, My buddy has a corrado VR6 and he usually starts it up during the winter and lets it warm up to temp. This was his routine until last winter when he decided not to start it at all. His motor ended up losing compression in 2 cylinders. I don't know if it was due to not starting it, which may have caused rust to build up in the cylinder wall, or just a coincidence.

Bullet Ride
12-29-2009, 10:12 AM
^ When storing a car for the winter you should pull the plugs and squirt some oil or WD-40 in to the cylinder then turn the motor over a couple times by hand to distribute it on to the cylinder walls. That should help prevent any rusting.

lvan
12-29-2009, 10:20 AM
^ How about if you store it in your condo underground and you take it for a spin every sunday around the parking lot in the garage?

Bullet Ride
12-29-2009, 10:29 AM
^ How about if you store it in your condo underground and you take it for a spin every sunday around the parking lot in the garage?

Well I know that if my car was sitting in an underground parking lot for the winter I'd want to drive it every Sunday as well :). People would probably complain though because I'd be ripping around the lot in 2nd gear for 20 min *wiggle*

blk325i
12-29-2009, 10:37 AM

either keep her off or take her out on the highway and open her up nicely keeping her in the higher rpms

lvan
12-29-2009, 04:32 PM
^thanks Blk

Well I know that if my car was sitting in an underground parking lot for the winter I'd want to drive it every Sunday as well :). People would probably complain though because I'd be ripping around the lot in 2nd gear for 20 min *wiggle*

I know what you mean, but at night time nobody cares cuz these people need to go to work to pay bills. So at night time they sleep. I should just worry for a bmw lol.