PDA

View Full Version : Front wheel bearing busted

eta Epsilon
12-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Look like I have one of the front wheel bearing busted.*thmbsdwn*
Did you had the change yours at one point?

Is there brands of bearing that would be better than others?
I might want to do it on the cheap as the car is not my DD, but is there any brands that you know that I should stay away from?

thanks guy and have a Merry Christmas!*wave**par-t*

everlast
12-18-2009, 04:27 PM
No answers for your questions, but here's a writeup:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2757

Pics are now missing but info is good.

DR.ZED
12-19-2009, 05:40 PM
I burned the grease out of one of my wheel bearings at Mosport. I got home and disassembled the "sealed" bearing. I cleaned it and regreased it and put it back together.

So far so good! :)

craz azn
12-19-2009, 06:04 PM
I burned the grease out of one of my wheel bearings at Mosport. I got home and disassembled the "sealed" bearing. I cleaned it and regreased it and put it back together.

So far so good! :)

It didn't make any noise? BTW, that regreasing will only work for so long, eventually it will start to make noise again. I tried that this year, but after a few track days it started making noise again, so I ended up getting new ones anyways. :(

DR.ZED
12-22-2009, 04:43 PM
It didn't make any noise? BTW, that regreasing will only work for so long, eventually it will start to make noise again. I tried that this year, but after a few track days it started making noise again, so I ended up getting new ones anyways. :(

I figured I was running on borrowed time anyway. It was the last track day I did at DDT.

Thx for the glove box... great fit once I adjusted everything!!!