PDA

View Full Version : Post #2000: shenanigans and noobishness that lead to damage

Bullet Ride
11-25-2009, 10:54 PM
Well it's been a fun time for sure... and today I was having a bit too much fun with the wet roads and my worn out tires.

2km from home...(I live in the country) the last corner to get sideways on, look up the road as I approach no traffic at all... good, time for some fun. Get into the corner kick the back end out and get a nice power slide going. I got the car really sideways, but when I went to straighten the car out I lifted too much and the back end snapped back...rookie mistake. Anyways the car spun around and I went into a ditch backwards... shit lol great way to end the day. My old man pulled me out with his truck and I drove the car home. It felt fine which was a relief, damage was only cosmetic.

I only have fun when I know there's no one around but I know I shouldn't be doing it on public roads, next time I'm going to a huge empty parking lot to practice this shit lol.

The damage: front valance got bashed up, and rear valance got a kink in it. I'm going to straighten out the rear and try to straighten out the front or get a new front valance.

http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/StevoM5/325i/DSC01305.jpg
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/StevoM5/325i/DSC01304.jpg
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/StevoM5/325i/DSC01308.jpg
http://i575.photobucket.com/albums/ss191/StevoM5/325i/DSC01307.jpg

It's been a fun 2000 and hopefully I'll be around for 2000 more.
Let the flaming begin...*shiner*

e30_kid89
11-25-2009, 11:11 PM
sucks bro. E30s are so unforgiving....

tg07lq
11-25-2009, 11:13 PM
be happy its only valences and not body work.
oh and i suppose be happy your ok....but moreso the first :P

e30_kid89
11-25-2009, 11:18 PM
Hey did u have lsd?

craz azn
11-25-2009, 11:21 PM
So, if you were going backwards, why didn't you hit the brakes?

'When in doubt, both feet out'

'When in a spin, both feet in'

Eurostyle
11-25-2009, 11:25 PM
Sorry to hear, but look at the bright side; if you hit that ditch sideways, you would have flipped for sure! *shiner* Its dangerous playing arround ditches! :D

Bullet Ride
11-25-2009, 11:30 PM
Hey did u have lsd?

yeah 3.73

So, if you were going backwards, why didn't you hit the brakes?

'When in doubt, both feet out'

'When in a spin, both feet in'

Well to be more correct I spun into the ditch and ended up backwards, I didn't roll backwards into the ditch. For the record I had both feet in.

Bullet Ride
11-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Sorry to hear, but look at the bright side; if you hit that ditch sideways, you would have flipped for sure! *shiner* Its dangerous playing arround ditches! :D

Hey I pm'ed you earlier about a front valance let me know what you got!

Eurostyle
11-25-2009, 11:38 PM
Hey I pm'ed you earlier about a front valance let me know what you got!

Yes, got your PM! I'm looking into it, just picking up a car tomorrow, BUT chances are very slim i'll be parting it...looks way too clean! I should know in a few days...*th-up*

Fel
11-26-2009, 12:11 AM
Yikes! Hell of a way to end a day, but glad you're alright!

Michel
11-26-2009, 12:41 PM
you're still driving on those tires man?!? lol! they are in terrible condition. At least you're ok, the rest is repairable

325ixE30
11-26-2009, 01:12 PM
It happens to the best of us!

Bullet Ride
11-26-2009, 01:55 PM
you're still driving on those tires man?!? lol! they are in terrible condition. At least you're ok, the rest is repairable

Haha I know, it just hasn't been cold enough yet to put the tires I bought off you on so I've been stretching it. They're great on dry pavement... like racing slicks :rolleyes:

europrince
11-26-2009, 02:07 PM
be happy its only valences and not body work.
oh and i suppose be happy your ok....but moreso the first :P

That front fender looks ****ed to me.

Bullet Ride
11-26-2009, 03:03 PM
That front fender looks ****ed to me.

Nah, it looks worse in the picture than it is, that edge was shitty when I got it, you can see the paint line from where a previous owner rattle canned the bottom 2 inches.

BUSTERS
11-26-2009, 05:25 PM
YOU were driving like a tool, I yelled out the window to you's guys the cop's are comming! dont fall for it boys, this young punk was heavy on the throttle at 430pm rush hour traffic at the corner of hwy 24 AND A VERY HEAVY TRAFFIC side road between guelph and cambridge, you got what you deserve drive like a tool and hit the ditch...no need to lie ,i seen it. i even went past again when the old man was there...

bmwm5lover
11-26-2009, 05:30 PM
^ O snap.
Luckily it wasnt a mint e30 that got destroyed.

BUSTERS
11-26-2009, 05:55 PM
nevermind

Bullet Ride
11-26-2009, 10:20 PM
YOU were driving like a tool, I yelled out the window to you's guys the cop's are comming! dont fall for it boys, this young punk was heavy on the throttle at 430pm rush hour traffic at the corner of hwy 24 AND A VERY HEAVY TRAFFIC side road between guelph and cambridge, you got what you deserve drive like a tool and hit the ditch...no need to lie ,i seen it. i even went past again when the old man was there...

Oh you were the guy that yelled out the window at us? You were totally helpful in resolving the situation thanks for that *th-up*. You might have seen me in the ditch but did you see the accident happen? No you didn't, you saw the aftermath. So please don't call me a liar unless you were there when it actually went down. I drive down that road every day to and from work. I know that the road typically has fairly constant traffic during rush hour and I wouldn't have pulled any of the shit that I did if I saw ANY traffic on the road. Coming down 24 from Cambridge you can see about a quarter mile up that road and as I approached the corner there were no cars WHAT-SO-EVER on the piece of visible stretch. Yeah there was traffic when you came by because we were partially blocking a lane pulling the car out and rush hour traffic was picking up. Do I have a heavy foot? How else am I supposed to power oversteer? Was I driving like a tool? Yeah I was, I already admitted to it. Was it a bad idea to fool around on public roads? Yeah it was, I already admitted to it. Will I be doing it again any time soon? No, I already said that I'm going to a big empty parking lot next time. Did I get what I deserve? You bet I did. I actually got lucky and the damage isn't that bad, but as the saying goes "if you play with fire you will get burned"... and I got burned. However I'm not going to sit by and be called a liar, especially when I know that I'm telling the truth.

The only reason I even posted this is because I was waiting for something good to post for my 2000th post (as lame as that sounds), and this event coincidentally occurred so I figured ahh what the hell, the guys here on Max like a bit of drama every now and then, I'll post some pics but I'll make sure to explain myself to avoid having people like you criticizing me for things that I always take into consideration before I screw around on public roads (like making sure there are no cars or people in the danger zone). Some people have to learn the hard way, and unfortunately I chose to learn my lesson the hard way.

Let's leave it at that.

Bullet Ride
11-26-2009, 10:36 PM
^ O snap.
Luckily it wasnt a mint e30 that got destroyed.

Yeah, the car was far from mint when I got it. If it was mint I wouldn't have been screwing around with it, that's what beaters are for. That being said, the car is far from destroyed.