PDA

View Full Version : Need help!!

ShortShifter
11-25-2009, 03:14 PM
Does anyone work for an auto insurance company or ever go through the process of have an "inspection" done of your car by one of their recognized shops? I switched to Belair recently and they want this inspection done on my car. Problem is I told them my car is stock.....

Any light on the subject would be greatly appreciated.*th-up*

hockeyfan27
11-25-2009, 03:15 PM
how far away from stock are you? what are your mods?

5style
11-25-2009, 03:16 PM
I believe you can go to a shop like Simplycars to have this done too.

hockeyfan27
11-25-2009, 03:20 PM
All of the insurance Co's I deal with have a specific company they want the inspection done by.

simplycars
11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
I believe you can go to a shop like Simplycars to have this done too.
Thanks.
I can do MTO appraisal but some insurance companies don't like that
check with them and let me know if you need one.

ShortShifter
11-25-2009, 03:21 PM
how far away from stock are you? what are your mods?

Aftermarket 7 inch in dash stereo with sub & amps, momo steering wheel, rims, suspension, blacked out lights, bumpers...and the car is listed as a 318 but has an inline 6 in it.

ShortShifter
11-25-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks.
I can do MTO appraisal but some insurance companies don't like that
check with them and let me know if you need one.

I will give them a call and ask.

Much appreciated.

hockeyfan27
11-25-2009, 03:27 PM
ShortShifter, If you get a cancellation for misrepresentation on your record it's 3 yrs of high risk insurance premiums.

OEM stuff is not a big problem. bumper, rims etc....
even the blacked tails should not give you trouble.

Momo wheel with no AirBag = insurance death
Engine swap with mis-matched VIN = more death

5style
11-25-2009, 03:36 PM
Momo wheel with no AirBag = insurance death
Engine swap with mis-matched VIN = more death

Yeah... youre gonna have to find out who they want to do the appraisal.

hockeyfan27
11-25-2009, 03:42 PM
You could probably make the argument that the I6 is OEM and get the rating adjusted to reflect the engine (difference in premium would be minimal). However, No air bag is going to be a hard sell, especially to a direct writer like Belair.

Blades
11-25-2009, 04:57 PM
Does anyone work for an auto insurance company or ever go through the process of have an "inspection" done of your car by one of their recognized shops? I switched to Belair recently and they want this inspection done on my car. Problem is I told them my car is stock.....

Any light on the subject would be greatly appreciated.*th-up*

They do this everytime you switch or change cars .. at least with me and state farms. I usually drive it over to them and they take pictures as well.

hockeyfan27
11-25-2009, 05:08 PM
Usually this kind of inspection is done when you are new to a company. Some companies will request this when you add a vehicle to a policy as well.

The number of companies asking for this has decreased quite a bit recently as often the inspection results in cancellation of the policy. Paying to have a car inspected then canceling the policy was a waste of money.

Now they just deal with the misrepresentation and undeclared equipment when there is a claim.

ShortShifter
11-25-2009, 05:44 PM
I found a solution. Thanks for everyones input and help :)

MANDD
11-25-2009, 06:09 PM
In Canada they use Checkpoint

There is no cost to the customer, billed to insurance company.

What does Checkpoint do?

Checkpoint offers complete pre-insurance inspection and physical damage inspection services. Through our extensive inspection site network, we provide our customers with mandatory reports and photographs, as required within certain states. Checkpoint provides five years of off-site storage in a fire-resistant facility for the original inspection reports and photographs.

Checkpoint incorporates the high-speed capabilities of the Internet for retrieval of inspection reports and photographs. By increasing the speed of access to your inspection reports, you are reducing costs, improving customer service, streamlining operations, and maintaining a competitive advantage.

How does Checkpoint work?

Checkpoint's strengths are threefold:

Low-cost provider: Checkpoint provides a competitive product for preinsurance and physical damage inspection at a cost-effective price.
Fast turnaround time: Five days - From the physical damage inspection to the insurance company's receipt of information, eliminating cases of policyholder suspensions and the time, effort and cost insurance companies expend reinstating coverage.
Highest quality control standards: Checkpoint currently experiences a 99% accuracy rate for vehicle identification numbers (VIN's) entered on their inspection data. When physical damage inspection reports are received at Checkpoint, they are visually checked for completeness, readability, and accuracy. Photographs are reviewed for clarity and quality, and unusual findings are promptly reported to the insurance company.

Clients may also access their inspection reports and photographs by calling our toll-free number 1-800 828-8377.

https://www.checkpointweb.com/