PDA

View Full Version : Do E92 M3 Mirrors fit and work on a E92 335i coupe?

farbmw
11-07-2009, 12:22 PM
Hi all,

I tried to find some information, so that I can buy and install E92 M3 mirrors on my E92 335i?

Has anyone done this before, because BMW tells me it is no recommended, in other words it will no fit or work on the 335i and they would not give me anymore details.

My set of mirrors are auto folding, heated with the dimming.

If anyone knows if this is possible (or with a little work) let me know thanks.*wave*

Bliss
11-07-2009, 12:43 PM
A friend in europe did this. They will fit, and look great!*th-up* Just make sure the M3 ones have all the options your existing ones have. In other words, make sure the plugs are the same, and have the same amount of wires leading to the mirror as yours do.

farbmw
11-07-2009, 12:52 PM
A friend in europe did this. They will fit, and look great!*th-up* Just make sure the M3 ones have all the options your existing ones have. In other words, make sure the plugs are the same, and have the same amount of wires leading to the mirror as yours do.

I have a line on a used set, and it has the same function as mine.

So I am not able to see the connectors before for I buy it, but I think his year M3 is the same as mine 335i.

Bliss
11-07-2009, 03:22 PM
I have a line on a used set, and it has the same function as mine.

So I am not able to see the connectors before for I buy it, but I think his year M3 is the same as mine 335i.

I would still ask him to send you pics of the connectors before buying them just to be certain. Even though, its not a huge deal to change/cut/splice connectors to make them work, you also want to avoid any surprises. I dont think you should have a problem. Great mod imo.:cool:

farbmw
11-07-2009, 03:29 PM
I would still ask him to send you pics of the connectors before buying them just to be certain. Even though, its not a huge deal to change/cut/splice connectors to make them work, you also want to avoid any surprises. I dont think you should have a problem. Great mod imo.:cool:

Thanks I will PM him ask ask.

Thanks for the advice!! *th-up*