PDA

View Full Version : VANOS Maintenance

djung87
11-03-2009, 08:16 PM
First, let me say I have visited these guys quite a few times and I have not left disappointed once. Truly awesome service and competence.

I drive a BMW E46 M3 and I stumbled upon this and I realized I should do this for my M3. I wanted to ask if you guys provided this service?

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=225780

The O ring replacement and filter would you guys have these parts?

See you guys soon for inspection 2.

kevinzz
11-08-2009, 10:11 AM
I am interested too!

rmanaudio
11-09-2009, 06:21 PM
You guys are joking right? A monkey can change that filter. I think a oil change would be harder. You just need a 22mm...pull it out...get a niddle nose pliyer and pull the filter out, put new one in and install back...hard toque.

Changing the O-rings would be a little hard but not that bad either. The parts should be around $50 total at the dealership!

Real men work on their own cars! Save up money for when your SMG pump goes!

King Luis
11-10-2009, 11:53 AM
You guys are joking right? A monkey can change that filter. I think a oil change would be harder. You just need a 22mm...pull it out...get a niddle nose pliyer and pull the filter out, put new one in and install back...hard toque.

Changing the O-rings would be a little hard but not that bad either. The parts should be around $50 total at the dealership!

Real men work on their own cars! Save up money for when your SMG pump goes!

take a breath and relax bud.
some people just don't like working on their own cars.

but the parts are around $60 depending on what you buy and what dealership.

ToccaTocca
10-08-2011, 08:58 PM
[QUOTE=rmanaudio;1364166]You guys are joking right? A monkey can change that filter. I think a oil change would be harder. /QUOTE]

LOL..

Now BS just needs a Monkey and then they would be set..\\

bmwm5lover
10-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Does the S62 have that little filter?

Jon@Bimmersport
10-13-2011, 04:11 PM
Terry,

Your car does not have a filter for service. Your M5 is an MY00 right? There is upgraded seals in the newer vanos units, that can be bought if you want to service your vanos, also modified gears from Dr. Vanos. Beisan may have something in store for you too.

ToccaTocca, not sure who you are (another new member...)..but sorry we are not hiring at the moment.

bmwm5lover
10-13-2011, 06:10 PM
Terry,

Your car does not have a filter for service. Your M5 is an MY00 right? There is upgraded seals in the newer vanos units, that can be bought if you want to service your vanos, also modified gears from Dr. Vanos. Beisan may have something in store for you too.

ToccaTocca, not sure who you are (another new member...)..but sorry we are not hiring at the moment.

Thanks for the tip John. Mine is a post March model 2000 and comes with the upgraded Vanos pressure system, not sure if that means it also comes with the newer seals?

I mean I am not having any problems whatsoever, but I figured as preventative maintenance, guess I don't need to worry about it.