PDA

View Full Version : Cell phone crash

icu
10-28-2009, 10:50 PM
Last week I pull into a parking lot , After searching around for the best spot I stop and wait for a guy to pull out , then a girl in a suv pulls around me an several others and cuts the guys angle off to get out , he motions to her to back up , then her backup lights go on I blast my horn but as I could see she was too involved in her cell call to pay any attention , Crash into the right front fender taking the signal out in an instant , Great just facking great , I get out , she gets out still on the phone and is in no way concerned about what just happend , I tell her to get off the phone and she replys I have more important things going on than this but if you think its so dear to you then call the cops. So I do . Now taking to the heat on speaker he tells her to surender her info to me or a unit will be dispatched , she complies and is pissed off like hell . I get all info as well as a witness , and off I go to the report center. Fast forward .... the car now at European Autobody the damages $ 1800 and counting . In retrospect this could have been far worse somebody could have been walking between the cars, and all because of that cell phone call . I hope that when her policy comes up for renewell she will remember this day.:(

slemmer
10-28-2009, 11:41 PM
Damn bitch. Hope European autobody sticks it to her.

hockeyfan27
10-29-2009, 12:03 AM
Getting the witness was a good call! Parking lots are messy.

lvan
10-29-2009, 05:46 AM
Crazy. I can bet the call was about some bs.

MiroE36
10-29-2009, 10:01 AM
I say new bumper, full engine tune up, fresh paint, any and all rust removal from all over the car (if any), new rotors and pads all round, possibly new suspension and alignment if yours is older than 24 hours all on her bill, plus a full car detail as a bonus!

sands
10-29-2009, 10:51 AM
Wow. Typical woman. Sorry to hear that, hope the car gets well soon!

StikiGreenZ
10-29-2009, 10:57 AM
I say new bumper, full engine tune up, fresh paint, any and all rust removal from all over the car (if any), new rotors and pads all round, possibly new suspension and alignment if yours is older than 24 hours all on her bill, plus a full car detail as a bonus!

People like you are the reason why insurance rates are going up in Ontario. Abusing the system.

hockeyfan27
10-29-2009, 11:33 AM
People like you are the reason why insurance rates are going up in Ontario. Abusing the system.

I think they are assuming she is paying out of her pocket.

344i
10-29-2009, 08:35 PM
Ummm have you guys SEEN this car? I would kill this bitch G. Best of luck!

Konrad

Arash
10-29-2009, 08:39 PM
Damn, what a shame.

Steve30
10-29-2009, 09:22 PM
they would milk us regardless. anyways, its a shame to see such a stupid driver cause an accident like this. it seems like just about anyone can walk in and get their license these days.

icu
10-29-2009, 11:49 PM
Well regarding abuse , If you read the thread you might have noticed that I was dealing with a person that was in no way of settling this matter in a civilized way ie out of pocket , I supose you think that I should have let her go her merry way and suck up the damage myself ? Not a chance ! And by the way your rates are going up regardless of people like me whom you do not know. At any rate things looking good , damage not as bad as it I thought however now is the tyme to refresh the front end take care of those stone chips and a new lip which I am paying for , maybe even something new. Cheers.

344i
10-30-2009, 01:37 AM
Graham, Milk it for all its worth! I wanna see that e36 factory mint again or else!

Konrad

MorningCruiser
10-30-2009, 07:32 AM
Well regarding abuse , If you read the thread you might have noticed that I was dealing with a person that was in no way of settling this matter in a civilized way ie out of pocket , I supose you think that I should have let her go her merry way and suck up the damage myself ? Not a chance ! And by the way your rates are going up regardless of people like me whom you do not know. At any rate things looking good , damage not as bad as it I thought however now is the tyme to refresh the front end take care of those stone chips and a new lip which I am paying for , maybe even something new. Cheers.

He was referring to the smartass saying to get a bajillion things done to your car totally unrelated to the accident bro, just fyi ;)

icu
10-30-2009, 10:44 PM
Just an update on this , The car is going to get the entire front end done , Hood and right fender as well , What the heck after a decade of driving stone chips were places I could not get past and these guys are the best. Sorry for the missread StikiGreenZ I would have to agree that in most cases milking the pot is not good for all, In all the years than I have been on the road only two claims and they were for only what was needed, In looking at the damage done to my car I would have not thought it was so dear at first but when they got into the car really into it they found more had been wrecked than was thought, In my case fog light brackets broken bumper cracked and headlight adjusting screws broken, So you trust the pros to preform an honest estimate that the Insurance co. agrees and pays. If I had of taken a cash out of pocket in this case I would have been very sorry. Yeah 344i she is going to be sweet as nectar. I know all of us cherish our rides and many will agree that when you get to a stage in a custom or modified car you tend to be carefull with regards to other traffic were you park how you park how long your ride will be out of site and so forth , Sad when all of these things are lost to someone elses lack of attention. Ps Thanks for all the kind words.:)

john88
10-30-2009, 11:09 PM
If i were you I would kick that fuxking bitch ass.

icu
10-30-2009, 11:24 PM
Ha proly deserved at least that but word killed her , She told me to get ****ed ,I said thanks I plan to and hope she does too and get aids in the process should have seen her face priceless. :D

misschigga
10-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Wow. Typical woman.
:rolleyes: seriously?

Darkness95m3
10-31-2009, 09:23 AM
Wow. Typical woman. !

Don't go there!

Mystikal
10-31-2009, 10:23 AM

No. It's the settlements that are from injuries. A $5k repair bill for an at fault accident is nothing compared to $3mil in padded medical care and "pain and suffering" suits.

TNation
10-31-2009, 05:32 PM
ouch thats rough man i hope its fixed properly!

Rice
11-04-2009, 06:51 PM

Think of it the other way, it's people like her that give people like him opportunities to milk the system. Drivers on the phone that caused an accident should be shot, nuff said.

344i
11-04-2009, 06:55 PM
He is not milking the system. That e36 is the most spotless original e36 in ontario next to the euro m3s.

It was like brand new, hell , i would be demanding a brand new e36 if i was in his shoes. Its easy to talk when its not your car.

Rice
11-05-2009, 08:18 PM
Sorry but I didn't meant to say that the OP is milking the system but I meant to say is that most will milk the system given the opportunity.

Darkness95m3
11-06-2009, 10:54 AM
He is not milking the system. That e36 is the most spotless original e36 in ontario next to the euro m3s.

It was like brand new, hell , i would be demanding a brand new e36 if i was in his shoes. Its easy to talk when its not your car.

My attitude towards insurance companies is "Milk it Baby"

I have no respect for oil and insurance companies. I would also like mention our government for allowing the people to be milked.