PDA

View Full Version : How to turn off traction control on a M3

Canshield
10-04-2009, 06:00 PM
A friend of mine has an 08 M3 . He wants to find out if you can switch off the traction control completely. He can lower the level of traction control but not completely shut it off.
Thanks
Kevin

CoolAsIce
10-04-2009, 07:35 PM
hold the traction button for a while and you'll see that it will be off completely. two different lights will come on the dash saying that everything is off.

then you'll have some fun.

Steve@ASPTuning
10-05-2009, 01:02 AM
As CoolAsIce said you hold the DTC button I believe it is for like 5 seconds and everything is off.

BUT be very careful, as I've heard tons of people crashing their Bimmers with the traction control off. Its there for a reason and shouldn't be turned off unless your in a control environment such as a track.

brunp
10-08-2009, 12:47 PM
As CoolAsIce said you hold the DTC button I believe it is for like 5 seconds and everything is off.

BUT be very careful, as I've heard tons of people crashing their Bimmers with the traction control off. Its there for a reason and shouldn't be turned off unless your in a control environment such as a track.

what surprises me is that people actually end up crashing their cars as a result of traction being off. We used to have cars without traction for the longest time.....and somehow we got by.....so have people in general become lazy in their driving habits and not know how to control their cars without traction anymore.....crazy...

Paul

theblue
10-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Time for some siqqqqq burnouts

qbuilt
12-30-2009, 11:18 AM
Could of read the owners manual! Suprisingly there is a ton of info in there.

dbworld4k
12-30-2009, 04:58 PM
what surprises me is that people actually end up crashing their cars as a result of traction being off. We used to have cars without traction for the longest time.....and somehow we got by.....so have people in general become lazy in their driving habits and not know how to control their cars without traction anymore.....crazy...

Paul

Those cars back in the day without TCS didn't have monstrous HP/TQ like they have now, which, in the hands of a noob, can be quite nasty.