PDA

View Full Version : I now haves a BT Scan Tool :D

Stephanie
09-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Yes. I said "haves". lol

This thing is awesome.
If no one have played with one yet, I highly recommend picking one up.

I got it for $335.00 (very fitting, I know...) from Mike@N54tuning... Great guy!

The program and set up is as easy as he promised and it does, well, everything!
Anything BMW can scan/see, I can too!

*par-t**par-t* Yay!! *par-t**par-t*

(I even picked up a little black Acer Aspire One to run it off of... Cutest. Laptop. Ever.)

... Bored at Lunch & just wanted to share ... hehe

MarkD
09-24-2009, 12:48 PM
Yes. I said "haves". lol

This thing is awesome.
If no one have played with one yet, I highly recommend picking one up.

I got it for $335.00 (very fitting, I know...) from Mike@N54tuning... Great guy!

The program and set up is as easy as he promised and it does, well, everything!
Anything BMW can scan/see, I can too!

*par-t**par-t* Yay!! *par-t**par-t*

(I even picked up a little black Acer Aspire One to run it off of... Cutest. Laptop. Ever.)

... Bored at Lunch & just wanted to share ... hehe

Can it see though clothes and avatar photos like my scan tool can?

328i Cab
09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Can it do everything a GT1 can? If so, i'd pick one up for sure

MarkD
09-24-2009, 01:28 PM
Can it do everything a GT1 can? If so, i'd pick one up for sure

of course it can't do anything even close to what a GT1 does.

Stephanie
09-24-2009, 04:54 PM
http://burgertuning.com/scanner.html

... more info on the product ...

Stephanie
09-24-2009, 04:56 PM
Can it see though clothes and avatar photos like my scan tool can?

Cool! Does your have a "internet creep" detection, too??

lmao... I joke I joke... *wiggle*

ctgazer
09-24-2009, 08:41 PM
where the pics of your new wheels mounted? oh and did you get the 5 VIN one or the unlimited?

miktheass
11-04-2009, 02:45 PM

Ahh Mike from N54Tuning......yeah don't be fooled. He isn't the nice guy he pretends to be. Oh yeah nice if you are lining his wallet, but watchout - he likes to smile to your face then steal from your back pocket. Just be careful.

Be careful who you trust for the world is full of wolves in sheeps clothing. It's a cliché for a good reason.

europrince
11-04-2009, 02:48 PM
Ahh Mike from N54Tuning......yeah don't be fooled. He isn't the nice guy he pretends to be. Oh yeah nice if you are lining his wallet, but watchout - he likes to smile to your face then steal from your back pocket. Just be careful.

Be careful who you trust for the world is full of wolves in sheeps clothing. It's a cliché for a good reason.

If you're going to bash someone, please provide detailed info on your experience. Thanks.

miktheass
11-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Fair Enough, I can do that.

He skimmed money off me - thousands of dollars
Took advantage of my good nature
Didn't hold up his end of the bargain in business dealings
Disappeared when it was his turn to take some responsibility
Stole from me (and others) while they're backs were turned
Lied on numerous occasions
Refused to deal honestly with a contract - instead prefered back door under the table dealing

I could probably keep on going for pages, but you get the idea i'm sure. And i'm also sure there are others out there who have seen this side of him.
I've posted this only as a "buyer beware" based on my experiences with him. I feel obligated to do so when I see people praising that he is such a "good guy" because I believe it's just an act in many cases. If you had a good experience with him then great, but i'm just posting about the personal and professional experience I had. Take from it what you will.

Thanks.

Stephanie
11-04-2009, 06:41 PM
Whoa. Shit just got real.

(LOL!!)

ctgazer
11-05-2009, 07:11 AM
Fair Enough, I can do that.

He skimmed money off me - thousands of dollars
Took advantage of my good nature
Didn't hold up his end of the bargain in business dealings
Disappeared when it was his turn to take some responsibility
Stole from me (and others) while they're backs were turned
Lied on numerous occasions
Refused to deal honestly with a contract - instead prefered back door under the table dealing

I could probably keep on going for pages, but you get the idea i'm sure. And i'm also sure there are others out there who have seen this side of him.
I've posted this only as a "buyer beware" based on my experiences with him. I feel obligated to do so when I see people praising that he is such a "good guy" because I believe it's just an act in many cases. If you had a good experience with him then great, but i'm just posting about the personal and professional experience I had. Take from it what you will.

Thanks.

hmm more bashinghttp://www.e90post.com/forums/images/smilies/popcorn.gif. im guessing you are also jonbim72 from e90post (http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=288370)...

i have yet to run into anyone in the GTA who has had a bad experience with Mike. obviously someone somewhere is bound to have had problems with him but all i see are general accusations and judging by your s/n, you're really out to bad-mouth others. why dont you try and resolve you issue by contacting him directly or actually some proof of the said dealings and transactions?

miktheass
11-05-2009, 07:52 AM
Well it's possible that he's changed. I'm just stating my opinion and my experience dealing with him was not as great as others have had. I can't go into more specifics, this is just a message for others to take care. And he knows about my issues with him, he has been directly contacted about it. I actually don't habitually go bashing people, and if you like him and think he's a great guy then fine. I just happen not to think so, that's all.

Jon@Bimmersport
11-05-2009, 09:01 AM
Well it's possible that he's changed. I'm just stating my opinion and my experience dealing with him was not as great as others have had. I can't go into more specifics, this is just a message for others to take care. And he knows about my issues with him, he has been directly contacted about it. I actually don't habitually go bashing people, and if you like him and think he's a great guy then fine. I just happen not to think so, that's all.

If you dont have specifics on what happenned, or how it was dealt with your post seems to be more of a personal thing than just feedback. You stated you can go for pages, it would be best to post your experience in 1 post (you dont need pages) so it is a reference for potential buyers, or in your case a buyers beware.

Mike@n54tuning is one of our suppliers for the N54 market, and has always been supportive and punctual about it as well even when the product wasnt purchased through him. Props to Mike for the great products and service - again, my feedback is on Mikes work ethic, not his personality.

Stephanie
11-05-2009, 09:40 AM
...balloons!

Soni
11-05-2009, 09:43 AM
If you dont have specifics on what happenned, or how it was dealt with your post seems to be more of a personal thing than just feedback. You stated you can go for pages, it would be best to post your experience in 1 post (you dont need pages) so it is a reference for potential buyers, or in your case a buyers beware.

Mike@n54tuning is one of our suppliers for the N54 market, and has always been supportive and punctual about it as well even when the product wasnt purchased through him. Props to Mike for the great products and service - again, my feedback is on Mikes work ethic, not his personality.

+1 *th-up*

ctgazer
11-05-2009, 11:08 AM

^^likewise..cant say ive dealt with him in as much depth as you have. good luck in resolving your issues!

propr'one
11-05-2009, 11:30 AM
"...does everything a GT1/OPS system can and much more for a fraction of the price. Including reading/deleting extended codes, tuner detection codes, and airbag codes. Also performs high speed data logging of over 600 parameters including knock retard, adaptation values, O2 sensors, boost targets, etc..."

So it does everything a GT1 does, except for it only really does what carsoft does?

Am i missing something? If its just a datalogger and code scanner/reset tool, what's the difference between this and carsoft (which costs 1/2 as much)

The-Traveler
11-05-2009, 01:38 PM
Is this accurate?

"A true "game changing" product, the Bavarian Technic does everything a GT1/OPS system can and much more for a fraction of the price. Including reading/deleting extended codes, tuner detection codes, and airbag codes. Also performs high speed data logging of over 600 parameters including knock retard, adaptation values, O2 sensors, boost targets, etc. "

Can I program all of the different options on my car with this? If it's $300 that's 2 hours of dealer labour saved!!!!

brunp
11-06-2009, 11:18 AM
I looked at the product page link and from a technical perspective, I don't see what the difference would be from a cable that supports just one VIN vs. unlimited VINs. The cable is a conduit.....so it is all in the software licensing.

so the company is just making money off someone using it on multiple VIN's which I think is a little pricy in my perspective.