PDA

View Full Version : Shops in GTA with a weight scale?

thinair
12-16-2001, 01:47 AM
Do any of you know of any shops in the GTA that have a scale to weigh cars, like either the entire car, or (preferably) with independant wheel scales, so you can see the weight distribution of the car?

Most junk yards have weigh scales, but they're usually off (so i've been told). And I can't see a truck weigh station letting me in, although I have yet to try.

Bliss
12-16-2001, 03:21 AM
A couple of buddies of mine actually went to a truck weigh station ans asked the guy if they could, and let them do it. This was a couple years ago, but you have nothing to lose trying. Just dont go when they're busy with trucks. Anyone else suggest anything?

straight_6
12-16-2001, 05:42 PM
Go to the truck scale on Dixie and 401. Randy and i have been there a couple of times, so we can use the G-tech meter.
Make sure you say the bimmer guys are the cool ones, He might ask for so cash depending on the guy working. Go later at night when it is not busy, i think it is still open 24 hours.

Gamite
12-19-2001, 10:09 AM
Guys, I work at that Truck Stop, north of 401 on dixie. Its called Husky, the scale can weigh your individual axel's. I'm working there on the midnight shift till thursday night. You can come in and weigh your car. Just tell me your from maxbimmer, and I'll hook you up. I'm the chinese kid.

Bliss
12-19-2001, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Gamite
Guys, I work at that Truck Stop, north of 401 on dixie. Its called Husky, the scale can weigh your individual axel's. I'm working there on the midnight shift till thursday night. You can come in and weigh your car. Just tell me your from maxbimmer, and I'll hook you up. I'm the chinese kid.
Awsome! thanks for the offer Gamite. We appreciate it very much*th-up*

Gamite
12-19-2001, 01:15 PM
I can see it tomorrow, a caravan of bimmer's rolling in to be weighed.. j/p :cool:

Gamite
12-19-2001, 10:19 PM
I usually dont work weekdays, just weekends, just tell me before you come so I can make sure I"m workin that day.

it pays for my gas :cool:

ThE bRoWn GuY
12-20-2001, 03:26 AM
Will this offer still be avail. in the spring?

Gamite
12-20-2001, 07:57 AM
It depends on when/if I'm working.

Today's the last chance for you to come during the night (less trucks)

I'm there from 10pm to 6am.

Then I'm in on the weekends. 2pm to 10pm

MP328
01-22-2003, 10:34 PM
OMG how old is this!!!

i was searching for something and this came up. but i'm very interested in weighing my car as well. i guess Gamite ur not working there anymore are you?

and would this still work just to go buy.

thinair
01-22-2003, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by MP328
OMG how old is this!!!

i was searching for something and this came up. but i'm very interested in weighing my car as well. i guess Gamite ur not working there anymore are you?

and would this still work just to go buy.

Yet another thread ressurected (over a year old, my 4th post!), now that i have my car I'm even more interested in doing this now.

BeemerBuddy
01-22-2003, 10:53 PM
out in bc we just drove on to the truck weigh scales when they were closed at night, free, easy weighin':)

jeremy
01-22-2003, 10:59 PM
there is a truck weigh scale right infront of my work ...i can work a deal out with the guy in the spring time...JUST REMIND ME....i have a bad memory

thinair
01-22-2003, 11:00 PM
Don't some tracks/auto-x events have scales?

jeremy
01-22-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by thinair
Don't some tracks/auto-x events have scales?

ya,but the odd's of finding which one does in advance and planning a meet around it would be hard...not to mention the line up's for it